Team State Champions

Mat_Rat_138

Hell Dave read your own post. It is seething with arrogance. I guess you can not teach an old teacher new tricks. I will think about elaborating and may expound later. Gotta Go.

Respectfully      Jim Schoettle

Jim, read your post. It is seething with inaccuracies and nonsense. As a professional educator, I learn new things all of the time. If you come up with something to teach me, I'll be happy to listen. Waiting patiently.

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I really want Franklin to win.  I think coach Hasseman deserves it as much was anyone and he does it the right way.

As for PM - I have NO IDEA what happened with schoettle, although I am curious.  But to claim they win with homegrown kids is a complete joke IF they are moving in after 5th grade. 

They didn't break any rules - nothing illegal that i can see - but call it what it is as "Oscar" says.

and on a side note - I have always thought PM was a little arrogant but don't you have to be to be the best.

I remember all the recruiting accusations used to always be directed down south at the Wildcats. Now since they haven't been on the top for a few years it's been directed towards the Falcons, and now the Irish since they are the clear cut favorites this year. Next year if the Kingsman win it, then all the sudden they will be the ones stealing kids from the Cavemen. And so on and so on....If you want your kids to wrestle for a power house, then do what it takes to send him to one of these schools. I don't believe there is 1 coach in our state that would tell Mason Paris or Brayton Lee, well I know you wanna move here and wrestle for us in high school, but no we don't want you because you didn't wrestle for us in elementary.

I remember all the recruiting accusations used to always be directed down south at the Wildcats. Now since they haven't been on the top for a few years it's been directed towards the Falcons, and now the Irish since they are the clear cut favorites this year. Next year if the Kingsman win it, then all the sudden they will be the ones stealing kids from the Cavemen. And so on and so on....If you want your kids to wrestle for a power house, then do what it takes to send him to one of these schools. I don't believe there is 1 coach in our state that would tell Mason Paris or Brayton Lee, well I know you wanna move here and wrestle for us in high school, but no we don't want you because you didn't wrestle for us in elementary.

'Merica

Why you really left was probably because Anthony couldn't beat bova his freshman year, lecount his sophomore year, James his junior year and probably not Aidan Kenny his senior year. I would've "moved" as well.

Zach

Thanks for making my point about recruiting and cheating, what Perry is really best at. Your the real class of PERRY MERIDIAN. Sorry coach this Schoettle just calls them as he sees them. Just my opinion right Zach.

Thats Jim Schoettle with a capital "S"----- Cathedral 72'  GO IRISH !!!!!!! Back on Topic You can  find me on the cafeteria Wall of Fame------ WOW!!!!!!!

After reading over all of this. Some people seem to be leaving a lot of facts out of this "Move-in" CRAP! First of all, there sure are a lot of whiners on this board. Face it! We keep losing, so lets find something to blame besides we are getting out coached and out worked! If I remember correctly, McClurg was best, a SSQ. He moves to Perry and is coached to a State title. Man McClurgs, you sure made a bad decision to move. From what I have heard, Elliott has lived in Perry for years and was going to FC. Nothing was said about Elliott only being a Regional Qualifier last year. Now that he is probably a solid Top 4 this year, here we go about the move in. For some reason people want to make these kids  State caliper wrestlers when they moved to Perry. They weren't! They have ben coached there. If your child has the passion to work hard for something and the school they are attending does not hit National tournaments , practice through the summer and so on, I think its great that the parents had the "balls" to sacrifice so much for their family to make a move. It happens all over the state. For wrestling and every other high school sport. Do you really think that LN has a 7' basketball player living in their district year after year? Since I am venting,  I will say that the majority of the schools in Indiana "Build" Champions. And then some just get the Middle School State Champs signed and goes with it! Now you all can beat me up!!!!!1 ;D

I have never posted on this board nor will I again. Jim I love you guys and I loved coaching jimmy but the way you remember things and what happened is not accurate. Families choose to do what they think is best for their kids, As you chose to do and as others have done in many programs. Let's stop this nonsense and keep this about the kids, they have earned it.

Respectfully,

Matt Schoettle

I have never posted on this board nor will I again. Jim I love you guys and I loved coaching jimmy but the way you remember things and what happened is not accurate. Families choose to do what they think is best for their kids, As you chose to do and as others have done in many programs. Let's stop this nonsense and keep this about the kids, they have earned it.

Respectfully,

Matt Schoettle

We will take this private cuz'. We look forward to talking about what happened and why we left Perry. Jimmy respects you also and does  believe you had his best interest at heart. Some did not.

Respectfully Jim Schoettle

Zach

Thanks for making my point about recruiting and cheating, what Perry is really best at. Your the real class of PERRY MERIDIAN. Sorry coach this Schoettle just calls them as he sees them. Just my opinion right Zach.

Thats Jim Schoettle with a capital "S"----- Cathedral 72'  GO IRISH !!!!!!! Back on Topic You can  find me on the cafeteria Wall of Fame------ WOW!!!!!!!

This post is seething with arrogance. And you are a liar about Perry recruiting and cheating.

Zach

Lol yes, that is your opinion and one I care very little about. All your wrestlers have graduated get over yourself.

So what accusations are being made? That a family moved their son for what they felt was in the best interest of their child? If so I don't have too much of a problem with this. If the accusation is that PM, or cathedral, or (insert name here). Is going to middle school state, to freestyle tournaments, to where ever else they think they can find the next t-shirts and try and convince the family that their program is the best for little Timmy. That is what I would have an issue with. Family choice fine! High school programs recruiting....not cool.

By the way it does sound like Cathedral has the best shot.

This post is seething with arrogance. And you are a liar about Perry recruiting and cheating.

And I said you were smart. Matt would you like to explain what the capital "S" is about or should I tell that story. LOL

Have a nice day Thornton ----- Not too civil for a school teacher ;)

Respectfully Jim Schoettle