Team State Champions

Mat_Rat_138

Dave

I just had to put this admission"finally" into my files. Would you like to play a little math game for fun? Please don't be so damn arrogant. I said Please!!

Respectfully  Jim Schoettle

First of all Jim, I don't know what admission you feel is so earth-shattering that it requires inclusion in your "files". What math game would you like to play? Also, I don't know where you get the idea that I am arrogant. I taught your son and have always been a humble servant to my community.

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Same as it ever was. Whenever a private school does well, and certain ones more so than others, there's the inevitable thread about recruiting or, apparently the new buzz word, "move ins". We should definitely try and complain and try and fix it with our internet arguments.

Way to deflect from you breaking the rules. Well done

Zach

I happen to own three other properties all in Center Grove. I pay 4x the taxes in Johnson County than I do in Marion. I did move to Johnson county,But decided to take my Perry house off of the market because of a bad real estate market. If you would like to visit me  in Johnson county we could arrange that. Besides as has been stated you can live were you want by the current rules and it was that way when we moved. My beef is all the bragging about Blue Rings and State titles built by stacking the deck. The last time I checked this was sanctioned as an individual competition. Let's give all the kids their due, including Perry's and stop all the chest pounding about Team Prowess and Blue Rings. A little Humility ---Please

Zach

I happen to own three other properties all in Center Grove. I pay 4x the taxes in Johnson County than I do in Marion. I did move to Johnson county,But decided to take my Perry house off of the market because of a bad real estate market. If you would like to visit me  in Johnson county we could arrange that. Besides as has been stated you can live were you want by the current rules and it was that way when we moved. My beef is all the bragging about Blue Rings and State titles built by stacking the deck. The last time I checked this was sanctioned as an individual competition. Let's give all the kids their due, including Perry's and stop all the chest pounding about Team Prowess and Blue Rings. A little Humility ---Please

No need to visit you. I had enough interaction with you for a lifetime, which wasn't that much, and at the time u guys "moved" that rule wasn't in place. But like I said glad u guys moved on Anthony wouldn't have made our line up more than a year maybe. A little peace and quiet----- Please.

First of all Jim, I don't know what admission you feel is so earth-shattering that it requires inclusion in your "files". What math game would you like to play? Also, I don't know where you get the idea that I am arrogant. I taught your son and have always been a humble servant to my community.

Dave

Just messing with you. I know you are smart guy. I enjoy the intellectual banter from you. Especially when it comes to your passion, Mathematics. Not really my strongest subject B+ maybe. Now sociology or physiology those are the subjects I like to study. Why societies and people in general act the way they do??  Your a little arrogant no offense intended.C.S. Lewis once said that mans greatest sin and downfall was "Pride" and I believe that. I know with your current situation you believe that too. Please encourage your brethren to not be too prideful and a little more humble.

I pray daily and I do not know if you are a man of prayer . I shall keep you in my prayers. NOW let the Banter continue.

Respectfully  Jim Schoettle-------- Thats Sr.- not be mistaken for Jr. That Jimmy thing on my screen was Joe's Idea

Dave

Just messing with you. I know you are smart guy. I enjoy the intellectual banter from you. Especially when it comes to your passion, Mathematics. Not really my strongest subject B+ maybe. Now sociology or physiology those are the subjects I like to study. Why societies and people in general act the way they do??  Your a little arrogant no offense intended.C.S. Lewis once said that mans greatest sin and downfall was "Pride" and I believe that. I know with your current situation you believe that too. Please encourage your brethren to not be too prideful and a little more humble.

I pray daily and I do not know if you are a man of prayer . I shall keep you in my prayers. NOW let the Banter continue.

Respectfully  Jim Schoettle-------- Thats Sr.- not be mistaken for Jr. That Jimmy thing on my screen was Joe's Idea

I only mentioned math because you broached the subject...I'll let it go if you wish. I still fail to see my alledged arrogance. Pride in one's achievements is a hallmark of mankind, not something of which to be ashamed. With all due respect to C.S. Lewis, there are sins far worse than Pride...like harming a child or how about murder. I have always encouraged our kids to win with class because winners let their actions speak for themselves. But when someone insinuates that we can compete with "the big dogs", I like to respectfully disagree and use facts to support my argument. Now if the fact that we have won the last 3 state titles is a irritation for you, I can do nothing about that. I will not apologize for our success. Now if you could explain how we won with a "stacked deck", I would enjoy continuing this conversation. Finally, thank you for the prayers...the man upstairs must be listening because he is taking care of me.

Big Bob, I am pretty sure most of us on here are not delusional, we fully understand what is happening and we might even agree with the rules, but it doesn't keep us from rooting against teams that have transfers and rooting for a homegrown team like Franklin...not only because they are the best TEAM this year but also because the playing field is not even? Recruiting happens and you know it.  I have seen it first hand and to see a school like Franklin win is a big deal because a lot of the recent champs were not homegrown!

Every parent has the right to move their kid to the place that they feel is the best fit..for you it was Cathedral,  for others it could be Perry, Crown Point, and who knows in the future who it could be, but I will guarantee you that even though Bob Hasseman would take a nice move in, he he isn't looking for them like Cathedral is!  Just go through your roster and see what middle school they attended  and yes you do have the family names like Cosaro etc. but pretty sure no history with a lot of others..Is this wrong ..no but I am pretty sure if you were on the other side you would have a very different view and understand some of the animosity.

Go Grizzly Cubs!

+1

I only mentioned math because you broached the subject...I'll let it go if you wish. I still fail to see my alledged arrogance. Pride in one's achievements is a hallmark of mankind, not something of which to be ashamed. With all due respect to C.S. Lewis, there are sins far worse than Pride...like harming a child or how about murder. I have always encouraged our kids to win with class because winners let their actions speak for themselves. But when someone insinuates that we can compete with "the big dogs", I like to respectfully disagree and use facts to support my argument. Now if the fact that we have won the last 3 state titles is a irritation for you, I can do nothing about that. I will not apologize for our success. Now if you could explain how we won with a "stacked deck", I would enjoy continuing this conversation. Finally, thank you for the prayers...the man upstairs must be listening because he is taking care of me.

Beech Grove, LN, Elwood, Center Grove, FC,

But don't get me wrong...I have a ton of respect for Perry's program.

The amount of time and energy put in by Tont, Schoettle, and the whole Perry community is admirable and they deserve success. However, please don't deny you had a stacked deck the last couple years due to move-ins.

Dave

C.S. Lewis was referring to Pride as Conceit and being self centered. Full of one self. Pride was the root of all other sin and crime.

Lewis might say we only exist and succeed at God's will.

I am irritated with the bragging,"conceit" not the accomplishments.

Sorry to say Dave your program is no exactly squeaky clean. You no I will not discuss this by mentioning specific names. I will not blame the kids for what adults are promoting. Unfortunately kids get caught in the middle sometimes. You seem to have blinders on. Maybe we can discuss my laundry list of unethical behaviors sometime. Not right now and maybe not on this board.

Back on subject here: I voted for my old Alma mater-- Cathedral to score the most placement points. That is all it is. Yes they have an unfair advantage but isn't that what your coaches are looking for too. ?

Franklin is the real deal #1 team in the state and as far as I can tell, they did it with true home grown talent. Bob Hasseman has outclassed them all. Kudos Coach Hasseman.

Respectfully    Jim Schoettle

But don't get me wrong...I have a ton of respect for Perry's program.

The amount of time and energy put in by Tont, Schoettle, and the whole Perry community is admirable and they deserve success. However, please don't deny you had a stacked deck the last couple years due to move-ins.

I don't remember anyone saying anything about Riley coming here. I guess it became an issue when he became a state champion here. Cody is a Perry Meridian kid...he wrestled in our middle school. I think you may have the Center Grove moves going the wrong direction: it has been our kids going there...as for Corny, he lived in Perry Township last year and only wrestled at FC due to a personal issue and his success was only realized after he came here. As for Brandon, his family made a choice to send him here. Three years ago, only Cody was varsity (of the wrestlers mentioned). That is a pretty thinly stacked deck with 0 move ins. Two years ago only Cody and Brandon were varsity. Kids like Cottey, Kenny, Bova, McKinley, Masengale, 2 Coopers, Tasseff, Winfield, Johnson...all Perry guys...thats where we won those titles...last year we added Riley, who did win it all, but still Cottey was 5th, Bova 7th, Masengale 2nd, Lecount and Winfield both champions with our dreaded move in James finishing 5th. You say we stacked the deck, implying something nefarious. I say we made a state championship team just that much stronger. To summarize, the title in 2011 was all PM kids. The title in 2012 was won with Brandon's help. The title in 2013 was won with Riley and Brandon's help. I contend we would have won these titles without move ins...it was more fun winning with them. This team, this program has been built thorugh hard work and countless weekends competing and coaches there every step of the way. If others come here of their own volition, we can't stop it. But it is not part of some illegal or unethical plan.

I don't remember anyone saying anything about Riley coming here. I guess it became an issue when he became a state champion here. Cody is a Perry Meridian kid...he wrestled in our middle school. I think you may have the Center Grove moves going the wrong direction: it has been our kids going there...as for Corny, he lived in Perry Township last year and only wrestled at FC due to a personal issue and his success was only realized after he came here. As for Brandon, his family made a choice to send him here. Three years ago, only Cody and Brandon were varsity (of the wrestlers mentioned). That is a pretty thinly stacked deck with 1 move in. Two years ago, once again. only Cody and Brandon were varsity. Kids like Cottey, Kenny, Bova, McKinley, Masengale, 2 Coopers, Tasseff, Winfield, Johnson...all Perry guys...thats where we won those titles...last year we added Riley, who did win it all, but still Cottey was 5th, Bova 7th, Masengale 2nd, Lecount and Winfield both champions with our dreaded move in James finishing 5th. You say we stacked the deck, implying something nefarious. I say we made a state championship team just that much stronger. This team, this program has been built thorugh hard work and countless weekends competing and coaches there every step of the way. Don't attempt to sully that in any way.

Dave

I think I ask you not to mention names. Now you have gone an done it. Holy Ship. Do I need to elaborate. Can it while your ahead.

Respectfully      Jim Schoettle

I don't remember anyone saying anything about Riley coming here. I guess it became an issue when he became a state champion here. Cody is a Perry Meridian kid...he wrestled in our middle school. I think you may have the Center Grove moves going the wrong direction: it has been our kids going there...as for Corny, he lived in Perry Township last year and only wrestled at FC due to a personal issue and his success was only realized after he came here. As for Brandon, his family made a choice to send him here. Three years ago, only Cody and Brandon were varsity (of the wrestlers mentioned). That is a pretty thinly stacked deck with 1 move in. Two years ago, once again. only Cody and Brandon were varsity. Kids like Cottey, Kenny, Bova, McKinley, Masengale, 2 Coopers, Tasseff, Winfield, Johnson...all Perry guys...thats where we won those titles...last year we added Riley, who did win it all, but still Cottey was 5th, Bova 7th, Masengale 2nd, Lecount and Winfield both champions with our dreaded move in James finishing 5th. You say we stacked the deck, implying something nefarious. I say we made a state championship team just that much stronger. This team, this program has been built thorugh hard work and countless weekends competing and coaches there every step of the way. Don't attempt to sully that in any way.

+1

Again, I have a great deal of respect for the program that has been built at PM through countless hours of dedicated coaches, parents, volunteers, former wrestlers, etc and the success is only beginning for you guys. BUT, you have had an added level of success by move-ins in my unbiased opinion. I understand you adamantly deny this and will continue to do so...so no need to respond...agree to disagree.

Btw- No one mentioned BG kid til now because you never claimed to win with homegrown talent til now.

Good luck to you and your team this weekend.

Geez people....if it is such a sore subject and there is all of this proof there is an entire organization you can bring this up to otherwise you're all just sore losers.

On Topic

I think its Cathedrals title to lose.

Whatever you say bud.

Agree it is Cathedrals to lose, but rooting for Franklin for reasons listed above.

Dave

I think I ask you not to mention names. Now you have gone an done it. Holy Ship. Do I need to elaborate. Can it while your ahead.

First, you never asked me not to mention names and even if you did, I am a grown man and don't need to take directions from you. As for needing to elaborate, yes you need to elaborate. You get on this board and make veiled accusations about a program I have devoted 21 years to, with no specifics and, dare I say, no proof. You say we are not a clean program. Don't mince words...spit it out. What are you accusing us of? I am also still curious where you get this claim of my being arrogant. If you say bragging about the titles, I will once again say I only brought that up when another post hinted that we could not compete with the big dogs. Air the dirty laundry, if you can find any.

Again, I have a great deal of respect for the program that has been built at PM through countless hours of dedicated coaches, parents, volunteers, former wrestlers, etc and the success is only beginning for you guys. BUT, you have had an added level of success by move-ins in my unbiased opinion. I understand you adamantly deny this and will continue to do so...so no need to respond...agree to disagree.

Btw- No one mentioned BG kid til now because you never claimed to win with homegrown talent til now.

Good luck to you and your team this weekend.

look back a few posts when you mentioned BG, LN, Elwood, FC...did you have another BG in mind other than Beech Grove? Which of our titles would we not have won, but for move in?

look back a few posts when you mentioned BG, LN, Elwood, FC...did you have another BG in mind other than Beech Grove? Which of our titles would we not have won, but for move in?

BG, LN, Elwood, FC, CG (152)

Spin it however u want Mr. Thornton.

Don't worry no ones taking your trophies away.

First, you never asked me not to mention names and even if you did, I am a grown man and don't need to take directions from you. As for needing to elaborate, yes you need to elaborate. You get on this board and make veiled accusations about a program I have devoted 21 years to, with no specifics and, dare I say, no proof. You say we are not a clean program. Don't mince words...spit it out. What are you accusing us of? I am also still curious where you get this claim of my being arrogant. If you say bragging about the titles, I will once again say I only brought that up when another post hinted that we could not compete with the big dogs. Air the dirty laundry, if you can find any.

Hell Dave read your own post. It is seething with arrogance. I guess you can not teach an old teacher new tricks. I will think about elaborating and may expound later. Gotta Go.

Hell Dave read your own post. It is seething with arrogance. I guess you can not teach an old teacher new tricks. I will think about elaborating and may expound later. Gotta Go.

Why you really left was probably because Anthony couldn't beat bova his freshman year, lecount his sophomore year, James his junior year and probably not Aidan Kenny his senior year. I would've "moved" as well.

Why you really left was probably because Anthony couldn't beat bova his freshman year, lecount his sophomore year, James his junior year and probably not Aidan Kenny his senior year. I would've "moved" as well.

Don't you have anything else to say that you now have to resort in putting kids down on this board?  You're mother wouldn't let anyone badmouth you so don't expect me to allow you to badmouth my son. The truth is each kid that you mention did not go through Perry in elementary school so are they really "Perry" kids"? Did a Perry kid beat my son?  If I recall, the only Perry kid my son wrestled, got pinned. Regardless, for someone who works with kids you should know better than to badmouth kids. This is one of the many reasons we chose not to be a part of the program anymore - A difference in philosophy.  I wish the best for ALL wrestlers competing this weekend.  This weekend is about the individual wrestlers that have worked hard all season. May they ALL stay safe and achieve their dreams.

Don't you have anything else to say that you now have to resort in putting kids down on this board?  You're mother wouldn't let anyone badmouth you so don't expect me to allow you to badmouth my son. The truth is each kid that you mention did not go through Perry in elementary school so are they really "Perry" kids"? Did a Perry kid beat my son?  If I recall, the only Perry kid my son wrestled, got pinned. Regardless, for someone who works with kids you should know better than to badmouth kids. This is one of the many reasons we chose not to be a part of the program anymore - A difference in philosophy.  I wish the best for ALL wrestlers competing this weekend.  This weekend is about the individual wrestlers that have worked hard all season. May they ALL stay safe and achieve their dreams.

+1

Not bad mouthing at all. They are my opinions on two and actual results on the other 2. Sorry that you feel that I am bad mouthing Anthony by giving my opinion. This never would have come up if it weren't for your husband. Again sorry you are offended by my opinion but it is something that I am entitled to