Team State Champions

Mat_Rat_138

I long for the days when kids wrestled for a program from little league, to freestyle, to middle school, to high school.....Where the name beside a 60 lbs wrestlers stayed the same throughout their career.  I am not hating, the landscape of sport has changed and it is what it is....if you are not getting move ins there is little chance you will be able to stay at the top year in and year out.  I am generalizing of course, but the point is we all know whats going on, almost every top team has had allegations and fingers pointing.  Its sad that I was so naive 10 years ago that I didnt believe this kind of thing happened and was appalled, now I am so numb to hearing about this school or that school because it is common place.  I am sure a lot of this is jealousy, coming from programs that has never had a move in.  I no longer begrudge these school that go after kids to make their programs better or parents who want their kids to wrestle in the top programs, I sure wouldnt tell a kid no they cant come to my school...lol

I would love to see a separation of schools based on move-ins, if we define move-ins as someone who wrestled for a different club after 5th grade or different middle school than the one directly linked to the high school.  Class A = 0-1 move ins  Class AA= 2 move ins  Class AAA= 2+ move ins. 

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bob, I think our 3 state titles prove we can play with the big boys. And while we have had a couple of move ins, you can't really equate that with what Cathedral can do. No one is saying it is against the rules...we just operate in 2 different worlds.

My statement isn't demeaning to any of the schools mentioned Dave, but the fact is all the schools mentioned have had stud wrestlers that aren't what some would call home grown. Why is it a stretch to think my son would attend a school that his father and uncle (who's a wrestling coach) attended in Cathedral? I did not perceive Dave the post I addressed as a Perry person, but I do question a person who is concerned where a private schools students come from not to mention the rules clearly state you can drive crosstown or cross state if one so choose.

Bob, I think our 3 state titles prove we can play with the big boys. And while we have had a couple of move ins, you can't really equate that with what Cathedral can do. No one is saying it is against the rules...we just operate in 2 different worlds.

Dave

I just had to put this admission"finally" into my files. Would you like to play a little math game for fun? Please don't be so damn arrogant. I said Please!!

Respectfully  Jim Schoettle

I long for the days when kids wrestled for a program from little league, to freestyle, to middle school, to high school.....Where the name beside a 60 lbs wrestlers stayed the same throughout their career.  I am not hating, the landscape of sport has changed and it is what it is....if you are not getting move ins there is little chance you will be able to stay at the top year in and year out.  I am generalizing of course, but the point is we all know whats going on, almost every top team has had allegations and fingers pointing.  Its sad that I was so naive 10 years ago that I didnt believe this kind of thing happened and was appalled, now I am so numb to hearing about this school or that school because it is common place.  I am sure a lot of this is jealousy, coming from programs that has never had a move in.  I no longer begrudge these school that go after kids to make their programs better or parents who want their kids to wrestle in the top programs, I sure wouldnt tell a kid no they cant come to my school...lol

I would love to see a separation of schools based on move-ins, if we define move-ins as someone who wrestled for a different club after 5th grade or different middle school than the one directly linked to the high school.  Class A = 0-1 move ins  Class AA= 2 move ins  Class AAA= 2+ move ins.

Well said P-to-W. I could not have explained it better myself. The real question is how they are getting the move ins. All the bragging is what irritaes me. I for one am not impressed with stacking up team titles by stacking the deck. A little humility here would be appreciated. Winning a team title is pretty simple math.

Thanks for the post    Respectfully  Jim Schoettle

Well said P-to-W. I could not have explained it better myself. The real question is how they are getting the move ins. All the bragging is what irritaes me. I for one am not impressed with stacking up team titles by stacking the deck. A little humility here would be appreciated. Winning a team title is pretty simple math.

well somebody sure sounds bitter....

well somebody sure sounds bitter....

I always like this excuse. It is such an obvious deflection from the Truth. Wanna play a game of truth or dare with me.  Warning!!  You better be careful here.

Respectfully Jim Schoettle   

If anyone other than Franklin wins the team title , it will show how flawed this system is . Franklin has already proven they are the best team in Indiana this year . Cathedral has 6 very good wrestlers , but a wrestling team is made up of 14 wrestlers , that is why the Irish have 3 dual losses .

What a classy post. Thank you.  :)

The five Franklin wrestlers that take the mats tomorrow night (along with the other nine Franklin varsity kids that won't), are all Franklin guys, although Petrole's family moved in from New Jersey in middle school or earlier, I believe.

(Although New Jersey would seem to be too long of a distance to recruit, I DID see someone from Blair Academy at the Evansville semi-state. Hmmmmm . . . )

So, win or lose, it will be done with Franklin kids. And that is a good feeling . . .

Good luck to all the teams still in the running for the IHSAA trophy.

The rules clearly state a student can go to whatever school he wants without penalty unless he switches schools, so quit your crying and yelling foul and learn to play with the big boys. If you don't think PM,EMD,Yorktown,Mishawaka,CP ect... hasn't been getting move-ins over the years for whatever reason than your delusional!!!

Big Bob, I am pretty sure most of us on here are not delusional, we fully understand what is happening and we might even agree with the rules, but it doesn't keep us from rooting against teams that have transfers and rooting for a homegrown team like Franklin...not only because they are the best TEAM this year but also because the playing field is not even? Recruiting happens and you know it.  I have seen it first hand and to see a school like Franklin win is a big deal because a lot of the recent champs were not homegrown!

Every parent has the right to move their kid to the place that they feel is the best fit..for you it was Cathedral,  for others it could be Perry, Crown Point, and who knows in the future who it could be, but I will guarantee you that even though Bob Hasseman would take a nice move in, he he isn't looking for them like Cathedral is!  Just go through your roster and see what middle school they attended  and yes you do have the family names like Cosaro etc. but pretty sure no history with a lot of others..Is this wrong ..no but I am pretty sure if you were on the other side you would have a very different view and understand some of the animosity.

Go Grizzly Cubs!

7 of 8 state qualifiers went to PMMS

And before u ask I don't want to play an elementary school game with you.

The rules clearly state a student can go to whatever school he wants without penalty unless he switches schools, so quit your crying and yelling foul and learn to play with the big boys. If you don't think PM,EMD,Yorktown,Mishawaka,CP ect... hasn't been getting move-ins over the years for whatever reason than your delusional!!!

Who is a team that never gets anybody from other schools and do it all by themselves and is a true Indiana Wrestling dynasty/powerhouse? Oh and have one of the best coaches in Indiana HIgh School history? Answer= Franklin Community they do it all by themselves and have a great feeder program. I think they win the title this weekend, as long as Petrole wins his Friday night match. If tolley can get to the finals then they should win for sure.

7 of 8 state

And before u ask I don't want to play an elementary school game with you.

Zach

Are you really that naive. Shall we go back a few years and explore what has and is going on here. Truth or dare. Has any one in your program ever been given a false address ? Hint! I already know the answer.

Zach

Are you really that naive. Shall we go back a few years and explore what has and is going on here. Truth or dare. Has any one in your program ever been given a false address ? Hint! I already know he answer.

What do u mean like u did with Anthony? Remember I lived right around the corner from you

My statement isn't demeaning to any of the schools mentioned Dave, but the fact is all the schools mentioned have had stud wrestlers that aren't what some would call home grown. Why is it a stretch to think my son would attend a school that his father and uncle (who's a wrestling coach) attended in Cathedral? I did not perceive Dave the post I addressed as a Perry person, but I do question a person who is concerned where a private schools students come from not to mention the rules clearly state you can drive crosstown or cross state if one so choose.

The reason I wrote that was because you were reponding to a Perry person, so I took it as a shot at us. As I stated, no rules were broken...and I don't begrudge you sending Wes to Cathedral. As you stated, both you and Matt went there (but Matt and Nolan also both went to Perry)...that is your choice. My point was that we at Perry don't see nearly the volume of move-ins that Cathedral does because virtually everyone at Cathedral is a "move in". They don't have a district, per se...they can pull students from as far as they are willing to travel (I assume). We at Perry have tried to build our program with a strong elementary program, a great middle school, a top-notch high school complete with deep greco and fs roots. If others come here, they do it on their own, but that is not our focus. I would say this, however...we do have a large number of move outs as well.

Threads  like this really make a slow day at work a lot more interesting...  ;)

For your entertainment Mr. Bradley  ;D ;D ;D Glad we could liven up this board.

Respectfully Jim Schoettle