4 seed upsets

got_cradled?

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

lol those words weren't used. Lol they were much more colorful than that. If you were so close to hear you would have heard what was said. But I guess that's just you talking about something you don't know about again. Lol you post a lot of trash talk directed this way. It would be nice to put a name next to your words, but I guess that's how you keep it safe. Just ramble on with out anyone knowing who the idiot was that posted. Safely done my friend. Safely done. Lol lol what a joke lol

You used six, count em six, Lols in this post! Six!

LOL

AWESOME! More advice! I love it! Keep it comin lol my team has been noticed for a long time now. We have produced 11 state champions and will produce more in the future. My "gladiators" will be just fine. I have been lucky enough to be a part of this program, and want nothing but the best for it. Most coaches don't post on here, so that they don't get into arguments. I don't need to argue, I debate. ;) there is a difference. I also like to stir the pot a little. No harm intended what so ever. Nothing I post on here hasn't already been brought up once or twice. I just like to correct the convo when it went the wrong direction.  I'm not sending out a "brash" act, and I am humble, but I am also caring coach that treats his wrestlers like family, ask any parent of my wrestlers. I like to say things that my parents want said, but don't want the spotlight. I don't mind it at all. I care about only those in our circle. We love this website, and use posts from it to help fuel us as athletes. We don't need to get extra fuel for competition, our wrestlers desire to win should push them through the situation, but it helps when people trash talk. That's why NFL players use what is said in the papers. I do want to thank you for the lesson on gladiators. It sounds like you watched a lot of sparticus. It was a good series. I liked it too. ;)

As a "debater" your skills are unparalleled. Your liberal use of the word "idiot" stems from your intense study of the Lincoln-Douglas debates. 

You do set yourself up as a good example, however.  I like to point out guys like you to my kids as how to not act. 

These are a few I will pay attention to tomorrow, not saying they will happen but based on records, rankings, or personal knowledge, they are on my watch list so to speak.

120 - Black-Hudkins

120 - Johnson-Sinko

132 - Warner-Campbell

160 - Baumgartner-Koontz

195 - Winkle-Sandlin

195 - Brown-Scott

These are a few I will pay attention to tomorrow, not saying they will happen but based on records, rankings, or personal knowledge, they are on my watch list so to speak.

120 - Black-Hudkins

120 - Johnson-Sinko

132 - Warner-Campbell

160 - Baumgartner-Koontz

182 - Winkle-Sandlin

195 - Brown-Scott

Winkle and Sandlin are 195

i never said scott was going to lose just going to be a very good competitive match

Have you seen Brown wrestle or are you not high on Scott?  I thought Scott looked great last weekend, moved really well for a big guy.  I've never seen Brown, so perhaps you have more information than me.  I think Scott is a top 5 kid without a doubt. 

Some parents from Hobart do NOT like all these posts. I for one hate it. We are looking for homes in different communities and Hobart was at the top of the list. Reading all of these posts over the past couple months has really made me rethink my decisions. Thanks for the eye opener on what the next four years will bring.

Was 195 at Merriville not accurate of the wrestler's actual capabilities?

I ask b/c many people, in the same post, have Merriville's #1 getting beat and Merriville's #4 advancing. It just seems odd to me.

I personal think Scott will advance, he looked really good. There was an "or" in my criteria when selecting these matches, this one happened to be based off of their season ranking. #12 & #14 likewise for the other at 195 #15 & #18

Some parents from Hobart do NOT like all these posts. I for one hate it. We are looking for homes in different communities and Hobart was at the top of the list. Reading all of these posts over the past couple months has really made me rethink my decisions. Thanks for the eye opener on what the next four years will bring.

Hopefully you won't judge out community based just on this...

I am Brendan Black's Mom (no need to hide who I am) the nickname was funny but the posts are not! I had to take Brendan's computer away weeks ago because I didn't want him reading them! Does any remember the saying "leave it on the Mat" Brendan works very hard but so do all of these kids wrestling is not just a sport it's a life style! It's who you are! This is not the kind of man I want my kid to be! No trash talk just wrestle! I asked the coaches not to post anything else about Brendan weeks ago! He doesn't need anyone defending him!!!! He is his own man, the way you defend yourself is on THE MAT not behind a computer! Brendan has been blessed to be coached by the best in the area from vega to All the big names at RWA.... and now Hobart. Every coach has impacted his life.  Brendan is a great kid and a gentleman these post do affect him!  Brendan will go down state this weekend and wrestle for himself!

Gaige Torres great kid!

Hartman I hope you have a speedy recovery!!!

Enough said leave it on the mat!!!!!! Win or lose this mom is proud of her son and his dedication!

I am Brendan Black's Mom (no need to hide who I am) the nickname was funny but the posts are not! I had to take Brendan's computer away weeks ago because I didn't want him reading them! Does any remember the saying "leave it on the Mat" Brendan works very hard but so do all of these kids wrestling is not just a sport it's a life style! It's who you are! This is not the kind of man I want my kid to be! No trash talk just wrestle! I asked the coaches not to post anything else about Brendan weeks ago! He doesn't need anyone defending him!!!! He is his own man, the way you defend yourself is on THE MAT not behind a computer! Brendan has been blessed to be coached by the best in the area from vega to All the big names at RWA.... and now Hobart. Every coach has impacted his life.  Brendan is a great kid and a gentleman these post do affect him!  Brendan will go down state this weekend and wrestle for himself!

Gaige Torres great kid!

Enough said leave it on the mat!!!!!! Win or lose this mom is proud of her son and his dedication!

Ma'am, respectfully I'd like to point out that your son is an excellent wrestler and someone I've said I think will do well in his high school career.  The anger you are projecting is misplaced, if you are looking to point a finger, please look in the direction of two Hobart coaches.  Any target placed on your son's back was done so by his coach, who felt the need to "get his name out there" and "talk up his wrestlers".  As I've stated in previous posts, your son impressed me at the Harvest Classic, but I then find myself rooting against him because of what adults (and I'm using that loosely) post on a message board.  Is that right, no it's not, but I can tell you that I found myself again rooting for him at the semi-state because he has an exciting style, only to have his coaches turn me off again with their foolish statements.  I'm sorry you are angry, but perhaps a talk with two other people is necessary.  Have a safe trip to Indy and best of luck to your son.

Gaige Torres great kid!

No anger here!!! And yes i asked them not to post!!! Everyone has there right to their picks no one needs to defend Brendan!

If you want to know the nickname I gave him this morning, CALL back kid! " Now you go out there and earn COME back kid! Tough love for a tough sport!

No anger here!!! And yes i asked them not to post!!! Everyone has there right to their picks no one needs to defend Brendan!

If you want to know the nickname I gave him this morning, CALL back kid! " Now you go out there and earn COME back kid! Tough love for a tough sport!

Good luck to Brendan. 

I have watched Danny bell coach for two years now.I have never wrestled but my sons have, one senior one 4th grade. I love wrestling, greatest sport ever.I don't condemn or condone his post I think he was having fun and it turned into something bigger.He is very passionate, you can tell he really cares. From the other end of the spectrum,coaches staring off into space not saying anything. I would pay to have coach bell coach my son. Good luck to Brendan, and every man at state this weekend. I guarantee you have worked harder than most people have in there lifetime.