4 seed upsets

got_cradled?

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

you must be an awesome person in life then. Maybe I should let you mentor me. Thanks for the advice but like I said before. You don't like it then don't read it. It ain't facebook, and you don't have to comment because there is an option too :) it's hard to take advice from someone who is afraid to put their name next to a comment instead of hiding behind a tag name. Worthy of the sport you say? This is a gladiator sport! Gladiators like attention. My wrestlers like that I talk about them. It fires them up to hear most of you talk about them the way you do. You my friend are just chalkboard material. Period. We will enjoy our time in Indy this weekend, and on Monday we will be starting next seasons wrestling practices. Trust me when I say this. I will be even louder come next year. I can't wait for some more of everyone's chalkboard material. Have a great day everyone.

Wrestling is a Gladiator sport? Gladiators like attention? Actually, Gladiators were typically criminals, slaves and or outcasts of society who were killed before audiences for entertainment by way of sword, animal or even rocks. Gladiators were mostly despised by the society they were from. I haven't seen a sword at a single match this year. Technically wrestling is considered a grappling sport which has one or more contestants fighting, grappling and clinching for superior position. Wrestlers have always been held with high regard in the society they are from. They are considered superior athletes in strength, intelligence and respect.

Maybe that is why you are having such a hard time to get your team noticed? You didn't understand the concept of wrestling. Drop the brash act and humbly defeat your opponents. 

Wrestling is a Gladiator sport? Gladiators like attention? Actually, Gladiators were typically criminals, slaves and or outcasts of society who were killed before audiences for entertainment by way of sword, animal or even rocks. Gladiators were mostly despised by the society they were from. I haven't seen a sword at a single match this year. Technically wrestling is considered a grappling sport which has one or more contestants fighting, grappling and clinching for superior position. Wrestlers have always been held with high regard in the society they are from. They are considered superior athletes in strength, intelligence and respect.

Maybe that is why you are having such a hard time to get your team noticed? You didn't understand the concept of wrestling. Drop the brash act and humbly defeat your opponents.

AWESOME! More advice! I love it! Keep it comin lol my team has been noticed for a long time now. We have produced 11 state champions and will produce more in the future. My "gladiators" will be just fine. I have been lucky enough to be a part of this program, and want nothing but the best for it. Most coaches don't post on here, so that they don't get into arguments. I don't need to argue, I debate. ;) there is a difference. I also like to stir the pot a little. No harm intended what so ever. Nothing I post on here hasn't already been brought up once or twice. I just like to correct the convo when it went the wrong direction.  I'm not sending out a "brash" act, and I am humble, but I am also caring coach that treats his wrestlers like family, ask any parent of my wrestlers. I like to say things that my parents want said, but don't want the spotlight. I don't mind it at all. I care about only those in our circle. We love this website, and use posts from it to help fuel us as athletes. We don't need to get extra fuel for competition, our wrestlers desire to win should push them through the situation, but it helps when people trash talk. That's why NFL players use what is said in the papers. I do want to thank you for the lesson on gladiators. It sounds like you watched a lot of sparticus. It was a good series. I liked it too. ;)

AWESOME! More advice! I love it! Keep it comin lol my team has been noticed for a long time now. We have produced 11 state champions and will produce more in the future. My "gladiators" will be just fine. I have been lucky enough to be a part of this program, and want nothing but the best for it. Most coaches don't post on here, so that they don't get into arguments. I don't need to argue, I debate. ;) there is a difference. I also like to stir the pot a little. No harm intended what so ever. Nothing I post on here hasn't already been brought up once or twice. I just like to correct the convo when it went the wrong direction.  I'm not sending out a "brash" act, and I am humble, but I am also caring coach that treats his wrestlers like family, ask any parent of my wrestlers. I like to say things that my parents want said, but don't want the spotlight. I don't mind it at all. I care about only those in our circle. We love this website, and use posts from it to help fuel us as athletes. We don't need to get extra fuel for competition, our wrestlers desire to win should push them through the situation, but it helps when people trash talk. That's why NFL players use what is said in the papers. I do want to thank you for the lesson on gladiators. It sounds like you watched a lot of sparticus. It was a good series. I liked it too. ;)

Are you saying the parents of your wrestlers want you on this board posting things they "want said"? Surprising...

just to clarify.......you have it backwards.......gladiators were the "good guys"......lol

A gladiator (Latin: gladiator, "swordsman", from gladius, "sword") was an armed combatant who entertained audiences in the Roman Republic and Roman Empire in violent confrontations with other gladiators, wild animals, and condemned criminals. Gladiators are often considered the predecessor of modern day wrestlers.

Are you saying the parents of your wrestlers want you on this board posting things they "want said"? Surprising...

I actually had a parent tell me to think of a nickname for their kid and talk about him when he gets into high school to help in recruiting. I have no idea if it would work but I will try I guess. This is all I'm trying to do. Is help develop and get these kids recruited with free college. So far so good. Some of the things I say are convos that happen at wrestling meets from multiple sources. I'm not mad at them at all.

just to clarify.......you have it backwards.......gladiators were the "good guys"......lol

A gladiator (Latin: gladiator, "swordsman", from gladius, "sword") was an armed combatant who entertained audiences in the Roman Republic and Roman Empire in violent confrontations with other gladiators, wild animals, and condemned criminals. Gladiators are often considered the predecessor of modern day wrestlers.

thank you. I rarely get anyone to agree with me lol

You've got to finish the wiki citation!! "Some gladiators were volunteers who risked their legal and social standing and their lives by appearing in the arena. Most were despised as slaves, schooled under harsh conditions, socially marginalized, and segregated even in death"  :)

You've got to finish the wiki citation!! "Some gladiators were volunteers who risked their legal and social standing and their lives by appearing in the arena. Most were despised as slaves, schooled under harsh conditions, socially marginalized, and segregated even in death"  :)

dang it.......lol.......how about the part i added about being the predecessors to modern day wrestlers?........pretty good huh?......lol.......i laughed at myself as i typed that one.......

dang it.......lol.......how about the part i added about being the predecessors to modern day wrestlers?........pretty good huh?......lol.......i laughed at myself as i typed that one.......

Not only did you get corrected regarding the definition of Gladiator but :

History

Main article: Wrestling history

Wrestling represents one of the oldest forms of combat. Literary references to it occur as early as in the Iliad, in which Homer recounts the Trojan War of the 13th or 12th century BC.[3] The origins of wrestling go back 15,000 years through cave drawings in France. Babylonian and Egyptian reliefs show wrestlers using most of the holds known in the present-day sport.

8) you almost got away with it.

Aren't you providing that same "extra fuel" for the competition?

it made me laugh!! and considering this thread went off the rails a while ago the chuckle was most needed.