4 seed upsets

got_cradled?

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

dare I say Brendan Black over Brock Hudkins in the 120? I know he's an alternate, but what a Cinderella story if he does ya know.

That's a five over a 1 he has the skills to do it. Hopefully he puts some extra time in this week. I would bet the sinkovics/black score from semi state is close to the Sinkovics/hudkins score from Al Smith.

dare I say Brendan Black over Brock Hudkins in the 120? I know he's an alternate, but what a Cinderella story if he does ya know.

You see, I started rooting for the kid because you and Cosgrove had a little humble pie after he lost at both the regional and semi-state and stopped all your foolish posts, but then you put the target back on him with posts like this.  Let the kid wrestle, his talents do all the talking, he's a good wrestler.  He doesn't need his coaches pumping him up and putting the target on his back, you do him more harm than good.  Silence is golden in this situation.  For the record, I think he does have a shot at placing and shocking people, and I'm also not his coach.

Wash, Rinse, Repeat

From hook and half a month ago

"Your drum-beating and wild claims will turn people against this kid, not because of him, but by you.  Consequently, if he fails, there will be many that will mercilously mock him/you.  If that happens I fully expect to see your self-righteous horror at posters "cutting down a kid"

You claim he will be on the sectional regional and semi state podiums, but that state is "up to him".  I can infer that your incredible coaching will carry him through the first three levels, but you are abandoning him at state?

You said in an earlier post "that his wrestling speaks for itself".  I could not agree more, because your comments reek of garlic and horseradish.  Until then, he is another freshman with a loud-mouth coach. 

You may opt to double down.  He wins a medal and you rub it in my face.  Guess what?  The only thing worse than a poor loser is a poor winner.  At that point, people will actively root against him.  He will be another sophomore, with a state medal, and a loudmouth coach.

I wish brendon well, and I hope that Danny Bell will put a sock in it."

Wake up nimrod. The hudkins bandwagon grows with every word you type. You were absolutely gifted an opportunity that you did not earn and you are already into picking him to beat hudkins? Just shut up. Have you ever heard Harper or Tonte or Hasseman get on this board and say "my 4 seed at this weight has a real shot at beating the #1 kid." No, they don't do that, they are too busy focusing on the task at hand instead of hyping their kids up on the internet.

Wash, Rinse, Repeat

From hook and half a month ago

"Your drum-beating and wild claims will turn people against this kid, not because of him, but by you.  Consequently, if he fails, there will be many that will mercilously mock him/you.  If that happens I fully expect to see your self-righteous horror at posters "cutting down a kid"

You claim he will be on the sectional regional and semi state podiums, but that state is "up to him".  I can infer that your incredible coaching will carry him through the first three levels, but you are abandoning him at state?

You said in an earlier post "that his wrestling speaks for itself".  I could not agree more, because your comments reek of garlic and horseradish.  Until then, he is another freshman with a loud-mouth coach. 

You may opt to double down.  He wins a medal and you rub it in my face.  Guess what?  The only thing worse than a poor loser is a poor winner.  At that point, people will actively root against him.  He will be another sophomore, with a state medal, and a loudmouth coach.

I wish brendon well, and I hope that Danny Bell will put a sock in it."

Wake up nimrod. The hudkins bandwagon grows with every word you type. You were absolutely gifted an opportunity that you did not earn and you are already into picking him to beat hudkins? Just shut up. Have you ever heard Harper or Tonte or Hasseman get on this board and say "my 4 seed at this weight has a real shot at beating the #1 kid." No, they don't do that, they are too busy focusing on the task at hand instead of hyping their kids up on the internet.

Forget +1, I'm going x 1000000000000000000000000000000

Forget +1, I'm going x 1000000000000000000000000000000

Nope i cant say that i have heard tonte, or harper say anything, but i hear you chime in a lot. I may be a loud mouth coach, but i can back it up. you may not like that i talk about my wrestlers, but that doesnt bother me one bit. I will continue to do this for the next 40 years im sure. If you dont like that i post stuff, dont read it. Im sure you will enjoy this website. its great. it has many posts that you can read outside of my qoutes. i have only posted less than 100 posts. All of which must have upset you, because you seem to have your panties in a bunch. I am glad that my wrestler has a chance to wrestle this friday and hopefully saturday. Its ok if you dont approve of it. We get it. Youre a whiner. its ok my daughter is too and i still love her. someone will love you eventually too. Have a great weekend lil fella.

That's a five over a 1 he has the skills to do it. Hopefully he puts some extra time in this week. I would bet the sinkovics/black score from semi state is close to the Sinkovics/hudkins score from Al Smith.

Sinko and black at semi state was 5-2. Hudkins sinko at the Al Smith was 17-1

I think people are giving bell a hard time. He excited he puts his name out there and doesn't hide behind a screen name. I've giving him a hard debating the rankings. If black/Hobart is worried about the messageboard or the crowd then he will have bigger problems. A Alternate getting a medal is the biggest Friday night upset. Danny even tho it seems negative you keep the board on it's toes man. Win or lose good luck and I hope you guys enjoy the parade.

Nope i cant say that i have heard tonte, or harper say anything, but i hear you chime in a lot. I may be a loud mouth coach, but i can back it up. you may not like that i talk about my wrestlers, but that doesnt bother me one bit. I will continue to do this for the next 40 years im sure. If you dont like that i post stuff, dont read it. Im sure you will enjoy this website. its great. it has many posts that you can read outside of my qoutes. i have only posted less than 100 posts. All of which must have upset you, because you seem to have your panties in a bunch. I am glad that my wrestler has a chance to wrestle this friday and hopefully saturday. Its ok if you dont approve of it. We get it. Youre a whiner. its ok my daughter is too and i still love her. someone will love you eventually too. Have a great weekend lil fella.

Ummm how are you backing it up, you didn't even qualify a kid for state this year?

Some of us work, it's still mid week. 

Coach Bell, I don't know you and I will probably smack myself for getting into this conversation. However, like a lot of people on this message board I have been around a long time and seen a lot of things . You are clearly a passionate guy who cares about his wrestlers. So here's my advice, feel free to take it or leave it:

Be humble. Black is probably the first state tournament wrestler you've coached, but act like you've been there before.  I've met Brenden at the NCC tourney a month ago and he seemed like a very nice young man.  Don't put a target on his back.  And most of all, remember that this is HIS state tournament experience - not yours....

Coach Bell, I don't know you and I will probably smack myself for getting into this conversation. However, like a lot of people on this message board I have been around a long time and seen a lot of things . You are clearly a passionate guy who cares about his wrestlers. So here's my advice, feel free to take it or leave it:

Be humble. Black is probably the first state tournament wrestler you've coached, but act like you've been there before.  I've met Brenden at the NCC tourney a month ago and he seemed like a very nice young man.  Don't put a target on his back.  And most of all, remember that this is HIS state tournament experience - not yours....

Thanks for the advice. i appeciate it. This isnt my first kid in state though thanks. I ran advanced practices for a long time now, and have had many come through my wrestling room. This is my first year at Hobart though. You will here my loud voice every year from now on. if you want i can personal message you so you can proof read em first since your so involved with what my wrestlers and i do. He likes the thought of a target on his back. even though you think it is a bad idea, he loves it. Now people like you who have awful opinions know who he is when none of you did before this year. Welcome to the coach bell hour. I will bring more kids into the lime light next year as well. If you havent noticed, i put a buzz around brendan that wasnt there before. Now he has started getting noticed by people who never would have even cared. He is just fine. You on the other hand like to think that you know the situation, but just give bad advice instead. See you at State this weekend, and next year, and the year after that, and the year after that. You get the picture. I will be around for a while producing state qualifiers and hopefully champions. I just hope you are still around to talk smack about 14 year olds. See you then genius.

Thanks for the advice. i appeciate it. This isnt my first kid in state though thanks. I ran advanced practices for a long time now, and have had many come through my wrestling room. This is my first year at Hobart though. You will here my loud voice every year from now on. if you want i can personal message you so you can proof read em first since your so involved with what my wrestlers and i do. He likes the thought of a target on his back. even though you think it is a bad idea, he loves it. Now people like you who have awful opinions know who he is when none of you did before this year. Welcome to the coach bell hour. I will bring more kids into the lime light next year as well. If you havent noticed, i put a buzz around brendan that wasnt there before. Now he has started getting noticed by people who never would have even cared. He is just fine. You on the other hand like to think that you know the situation, but just give bad advice instead. See you at State this weekend, and next year, and the year after that, and the year after that. You get the picture. I will be around for a while producing state qualifiers and hopefully champions. I just hope you are still around to talk smack about 14 year olds. See you then genius.

You mean you'll produce a "qualifier" next year, because you were void of one this year.

Good to see Coach Balash is leaving the Hobart program in good hands.