Most Consecutive State Finals Attended

BrokenTowelRack

why didnt you just hold it at the state finals could have the ceremony during the lunch break

I though about it, but my lovely bride wouldn't of found the venue as romantic as I would of.

That was ten years ago and like I said people are still mad!

Very few things are as important as wrestling, but this was one of em. Plus she's a great gal and allows us to celebrate our anniversary the following weekend so I can attend state finals again!

I have been at every state championships since 1974 when Muncie Northside won the state then my high school won it the next year Muncie Southside. Something that stood out for me was Doug Blubaughs sons for me it was the first time I ever saw wrestlers not where socks. Mike Niccum from Delta being the biggest 119 pounder I ever saw. Art Merriweather being the biggest 126 pounder I ever saw. Southport high school was crazy back then the fans were right on top of the mats it was awesome. The wrestlers back then were very physical. A cross face was a cross face they didn't stop the match because you ran it to hard. None of this injury time out. They wrestled.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.