Wrestler07guy

stacked a little more from 1 side to the other, but I feel that 106 is just stacked as a weigh class, I think any of the 4 kids that reach he semis have a decent shot of winning it all....If I have to pick 1 tho, I will take little Paulie Konrath to win it all....

I agree mathewsz7, the bottom definitely seems to be the tougher of the two sides, but overall I don't see how you can really spread that out anymore other than some of the kids being geographically located somewhere else. Like I said in an earlier post, Saturday morning may start off with a bang if the rankings hold chalk.  Possible match ups are:

#11 Long v. #8 White

#4 Rietz v. #3 Egli

#1 Konrath v. #6 Hildebrandt(former#1)

#2 Bailey v. #5 Cummings

After watching Bailey at the team state tournament, there is no way I would bet against him.

All he has done this year is beat everyone put in front of him.  Can you be a sleeper in a weight class that you are ranked #2? Definitely not counting him out, but I don't think I want to make any wagers on this weight class.  There are about 5 guys in my opinion that can win this weight class on Saturday.

Here's a couple results from the last time these guys have wrestled in youth tournaments

ISWA State 2013

Quarterfinal: Colton Cummings (Region Wrestling Academy) over Breyden Bailey (Columbus East Wrestling Club) (Dec 5-3)

1st Place Match: Drew Hildebrandt (Penn Wrestling Club) over Paul Konrath (PAWS Elite Wrestling Club) (SV-1 6-4)

Cummings and Hildebrant have split this season, with Cummings winning at Al Smith and Hildebrandt winning at Semi-State, both close matches decided in the final seconds.

Konrath and Bailey may not be the locks some people think they are.

Egli and Konrath in the finals. after watching Paul he impressed me but Paul won the first time, then egli, then Paul, is Egli due to repeat the cycle when it really counts? I think yes. Paul got a tougher draw then Egli with the win. there are no locks but Egli has 2 losses, 2 to Konrath. Konrath has 1 at  106, to Egli. these 2 rule to weight class. gonna be AWESOME.

Here's a couple results from the last time these guys have wrestled in youth tournaments

ISWA State 2013

Quarterfinal: Colton Cummings (Region Wrestling Academy) over Breyden Bailey (Columbus East Wrestling Club) (Dec 5-3)

1st Place Match: Drew Hildebrandt (Penn Wrestling Club) over Paul Konrath (PAWS Elite Wrestling Club) (SV-1 6-4)

Cummings and Hildebrant have split this season, with Cummings winning at Al Smith and Hildebrandt winning at Semi-State, both close matches decided in the final seconds.

Konrath and Bailey may not be the locks some people think they are.

Both Baily and Egli beat Hildebrandt at Team State.  A little bit more current.

Nowhere do I mention a Bailey/Hildebrandt or Egli/Hildebrandt match.

The argument was that Cummings has the last win over Bailey and Hildebrandt has the last win over Konrath, so I find it interesting that everyone is writing these two off on this side of the bracket completely, given those results.

Bailey and Cummings 2nd round, Bailey and Konrath 3rd, Reitz Egli 3rd round as well. These will be AWESOME MATCHES TO WATCH regardless of the bracket situation. Not to mention Hildebrandt  vs Konrath in the 2nd round. If I were a betting man, my money would be on Reitz. He just seems like a machine as of late.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.