Most impressed and least impressed at semi state?

Brickhousey

Ruberg is very, very good and should be a force his entire HS career. The other unranked, undeafeated wrestler at New Castle, Noah Schrader of Chatard, was also very impressive. Beating Manns in a shootout really opened my eyes. He is a junior and I wouldn't be surprised at all if he places at state next season.

A little more off the radar, Bryant White of Anderson is a spectacular athlete. I don't know how long he's wrestled, and he's maybe a little smallish for 195, but he's only a sophomore and could be very, very good. He upset Perry's tough senior Kaz Koehring in the opening round, and then got pushed around a bit by Aven in the ticket round, but he really impressed me in a short time.

Nathaniel Ryan of Alexandria pulls the upset of the day, IMO, by knocking off Roncalli's Conner James, but he also beat a really tough kid in South Dearborn's Brandon Manning in the opening round

Chance Brown of Southmont wrestled the best I've seen him wrestle--if he competes at that level next weekend, he could make a very deep run.

These are some of the less obvious ones that impressed me yesterday.

In the other direction, Roncalli wrestlers, as a whole, had a tough day. It just happens sometimes--Coach Ellis and his staff have still done a great job turning the program around.

Hamilton Heights' HWT Andre Porter is a powerful, dynamic kid, but he seemed to be focused on a limited array of techniques. It's a bummer that he had such a tough draw to end his career.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.