Fort Wayne upsets?

pdaddy

The one that stands out to me is Aldrich over Wilson in the ticket round. Wilson was like 40-0 going into the match and a returning state qualifier. Logan then wrestled McCormick, a very tough and returning place winner, for third and lost by 1 point I think in the last few seconds. congratulations to Logan on making it to state.

Now I'll tell you what it's a shame that Kyle Anguiano was sick.. :'( I would've loved to see him win himself a semi state championship. If he wasn't a senior i know he would be a state champion next year. All the kids in 160 weight class really dodged a bullet

Now I'll tell you what it's a shame that Kyle Anguiano was sick.. :'( I would've loved to see him win himself a semi state championship. If he wasn't a senior i know he would be a state champion next year. All the kids in 160 weight class really dodged a bullet

After coming into sectional undefeated, getting man handled by a freshman, stomped twice at regionals in which losing to another freshman, and you are still trying to talk the kid up? Keep dreaming...

The one that stands out for me is Clayton Moore from Manchester.  Hasn't been ranked at all this year and untill sectional when he beat Kern wasn't even talked about in the SS Rankings.  He came out and wrestled his butt off beating Schmucker and then the upset of Lovejoy was a great match as well.  Then in the finals what a great triple OT match going down the wire with Campbell.  Last year he had a fantastic year and I truly thought he could make a run at State but was beaten by the BEAST Crume in the ticket round.

I'm really looking forward to watching him this weekend, and most definitely next year as well! 

The one that stands out for me is Clayton Moore from Manchester.  Hasn't been ranked at all this year and untill sectional when he beat Kern wasn't even talked about in the SS Rankings.  He came out and wrestled his butt off beating Schmucker and then the upset of Lovejoy was a great match as well.  Then in the finals what a great triple OT match going down the wire with Campbell.  Last year he had a fantastic year and I truly thought he could make a run at State but was beaten by the BEAST Crume in the ticket round.

I'm really looking forward to watching him this weekend, and most definitely next year as well!

X2, that was pretty cool!

I really hope you are being sarcastic..

I can't agree more. I was sitting above his cheering section and I couldn't help but to cheer him on as well. He wrestled great and I think he will perform well this weekend. Also, I had never seen anyone who was happier than him and his dad. Seems like a great kid and a great family. Good Luck Clayton!

The one that stands out to me is Aldrich over Wilson in the ticket round. Wilson was like 40-0 going into the match and a returning state qualifier. Logan then wrestled McCormick, a very tough and returning place winner, for third and lost by 1 point I think in the last few seconds. congratulations to Logan on making it to state.

Please understand I am not bashing here. This is a great kid.

Wilson is great wrestler who found out what happend when you do not have a very strong schedule over the course of an entire year.  Lots of years his schools' kids come in to the Peru Sectional with astonishing records, only to struggle to get out of regional and certainly semi-state.  Great kid though!  Hopefully there will be an interest by some schools for him.  He is also a highly talented soccer player.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.