Micic Lee...the match I don't want to see under the lights

Galagore

lee vs red next year at 32 sounds awesome

I don't think this will happen...I believe Red may go undefeated thru high school as long as he avoids running into Nick Lee & why risk it anyways I think an undefeated 4xer would speak for its self....but I agree it would be awesome if they are both at 132 next year

I don't think this will happen...I believe Red may go undefeated thru high school as long as he avoids running into Nick Lee & why risk it anyways I think an undefeated 4xer would speak for its self....but I agree it would be awesome if they are both at 132 next year

Why risk it? Because Red is probably gonna be highly recruited and probably commit before the end of his Senior year.  If I think I am the best there is, why would I not seek out the best possible wrestler? I don't think it is ever going to happen though because I don't ever see them being near the same weight.  When you are as talented as these two are, I don't think it is going to matter what weight they go.  Take Maurer for instance, he was a 130lber his freshman year and where did he finish.  Lee is a freshman and you have to believe that he will be moving up in weight as his career progresses.  Red has made the jump already from 103 to 120, but I don't think he will end up anything over 138/145 by his Senior year.  All really depends on what weight class he will be recruited for his collegiate career.

Red will wrestle wherever he feels the best  at period, I don't think he will dodge anyone including Lee!

It is not just NICK Lee he should avoid....  but i agree if he wants to remain unbeaten and seem the best he should avoid

Read this somewhere else on the board so I won't take credit.  Many people are comparing this to Tsirtsis-Quiroga, but isn't it more likely it's Howe-Humphrey?

No shame in being a 3-time champ (it it works out that way), with you're only loss as a freshman to a nationally ranked 3x champ who's a senior.

What about strategy for this match?  I have not seen Lee wrestle, but I find beating Micic on his feet to be a very tall task, no matter the margin of score.  Micic is also nearly impossible to turn from top and can get out or reverse if he wants/needs to.

Lee will likely wrestle 132 or 138 next year I don't see him making 126 again after this year!

He may not run into Nick but he may run into Joe Lee which could be the same outcome for Red. I have seen all three wrestle and all are good but if I put my money on either Lee.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.