Micic

vito pepperelli

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That honor will go to winner of the 145 class

He majored Lee who has been in an out of the national rankings. I would say he has a pretty strong argument. So will lecount and forte, and Gelen/miller winners. But no the winner of 145 is not the pound for pound best just for winning.

He majored Lee who has been in an out of the national rankings. I would say he has a pretty strong argument. So will lecount and forte, and Gelen/miller winners. But no the winner of 145 is not the pound for pound best just for winning.

I don't recall Lee getting majored. Yes, he got beat pretty good, but I don't think a 10-3 is a major

Well Lecount and Forte are right outside the Top 10 in the national rankings.  As well as, Robinson being top 5 nationally ranked and  Miller right outside top 10, with a win over Tolley also right outside the top 10.  So I would say the winner of those matches would have a good reason to be called the pound for pound guy too. Yes Micic's impressive win over Lee who is right around 20th in the nation, combined with his #1 or #2 ranking in the nation also would put him in the discussion.  I guess you could say Micic's ranking makes him by default the pound for pound guy on paper, with the winner of those other matches putting themselves in position to state claim to maybe the more impressive state tournament win.

Well Lecount and Forte are right outside the Top 10 in the national rankings.  As well as, Robinson being top 5 nationally ranked and  Miller right outside top 10, with a win over Tolley also right outside the top 10.  So I would say the winner of those matches would have a good reason to be called the pound for pound guy too. Yes Micic's impressive win over Lee who is right around 20th in the nation, combined with his #1 or #2 ranking in the nation also would put him in the discussion.  I guess you could say Micic's ranking makes him by default the pound for pound guy on paper, with the winner of those other matches putting themselves in position to state claim to maybe the more impressive state tournament win.

My bad on the major, I wasn't thinking about it. But that's all I was saying way the winner of the 45 shouldn't automatically get it. I even mentioned the 220 winner and 45 having an argument.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.