Micic

vito pepperelli

I was talking with Stevan shortly after weigh ins. He told me he was going to leave "no doubts today". I thought he accomplished that. He had a scowl on his face before the semi with Davis that I've not seen before. And school was clearly in session 19-5 after TWO periods(wasn't the lee vs davis final 10-4?) what a great show for the fans in his final appearance at Mville.

Thanks for the memories Stevan!

And I would expect to see that same scowl on Saturday. Micic by a major in very controlling fashion over Lee.

I hope micic dominates, mostly because I think it is ridiculous a freshman is being picked over a number 1/2 ranked kid in the nation, and partially because micic is a beast. His sophomore year he took out boston. Boston is a top ranked kid at 120 now. Yes lee is great, but his time will come. It's micic time and I hope he dominates.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was talking with Stevan shortly after weigh ins. He told me he was going to leave "no doubts today". I thought he accomplished that. He had a scowl on his face before the semi with Davis that I've not seen before. And school was clearly in session 19-5 after TWO periods(wasn't the lee vs davis final 10-4?) what a great show for the fans in his final appearance at Mville.

Thanks for the memories Stevan!

And I would expect to see that same scowl on Saturday. Micic by a major in very controlling fashion over Lee.

Lee defeated Davis at the state duals 13-4.

I hope micic dominates, mostly because I think it is ridiculous a freshman is being picked over a number 1/2 ranked kid in the nation, and partially because micic is a beast. His sophomore year he took out boston. Boston is a top ranked kid at 120 now. Yes lee is great, but his time will come. It's micic time and I hope he dominates.

I'm sorry but Boston shouldn't be ranked #1 over Pletcher period.  Beating Russell in a 17 minute match proves nothing.  Don't get me started on Boston.  That match was 2 years ago and fans need to let that match go. 

Both Lee and Micic are top notch wrestlers for sure but everyone seems to be fogetting that outside of them two, the weight class is not that competitive.  So all the domination that these two wrestlers are putting on the competition isn't that impressive if you really think about it.  When they meet in the semi-finals match at state, then we'll know who the top dog is and the finals match won't be competitive. 

Micic wins by no less than 4 points.

I'm sorry but Boston shouldn't be ranked #1 over Pletcher period.  Beating Russell in a 17 minute match proves nothing.  Don't get me started on Boston.  That match was 2 years ago and fans need to let that match go. 

Both Lee and Micic are top notch wrestlers for sure but everyone seems to be fogetting that outside of them two, the weight class is not that competitive.  So all the domination that these two wrestlers are putting on the competition isn't that impressive if you really think about it.  When they meet in the semi-finals match at state, then we'll know who the top dog is and the finals match won't be competitive. 

Micic wins by no less than 4 points.

seriously?......you might want to look back at this one.......i agree that there is no doubt that those two are the top of not only this weight class but all the weight classes.......and i think this match will be the match of the tournament.....but the other 14 young men at 126 are quite competitive and will put on some of he best matches of the weekend......

As a senior who seems to have really turned it on at the right time, I don't think Micic loses this match. No disrespect to Lee, who is going to have a fantastic career and possibly go down as a top 5 wrestler in Indiana wrestling history, but this is Micic's match to lose. He gets that title this weekend IMO.

seriously?......you might want to look back at this one.......i agree that there is no doubt that those two are the top of not only this weight class but all the weight classes.......and i think this match will be the match of the tournament.....but the other 14 young men at 126 are quite competitive and will put on some of he best matches of the weekend......

Yes, seriously.  Everyone was talking about Davis possibly stepping up to the plate and challenging Micic and Lee but based on the recent results, that's not going to happen.

charger.dad, why don't you tell me what other 126# wrestler is going to possibly defeat Micic or Lee?  Is the remaining of the wrestlers competitive, yes, amongst themselves.  I mean zero disrespect to the rest of the field but come on, keep it real.  You have those types of situation where you have the obvious top 2 and then everyone else. 

Yes, seriously.  Everyone was talking about Davis possibly stepping up to the plate and challenging Micic and Lee but based on the recent results, that's not going to happen.

charger.dad, why don't you tell me what other 126# wrestler is going to possibly defeat Micic or Lee?  Is the remaining of the wrestlers competitive, yes, amongst themselves.  I mean zero disrespect to the rest of the field but come on, keep it real.  You have those types of situation where you have the obvious top 2 and then everyone else.

the only reason the rest of the field is not "competitive" is because micic and lee are two of the best in any weight. Davis is a returning runner up and gets majored by the two, you take those two out and it's still a decent weight class.

i never said anyone of the others will (more than likely) be able to compete with either of these two.......you have two of the best in the country, let the state so it is quite obvious to everyone that they are the class of the field......but that should not take anything away from the others......if you take micic and lee out then you have just as "competitive" of a weight class as any other this year......that's about as real as i can keep it.....

Can you say Vision Quest!  Jack has to go threw Davis and Micic.  He has his headphones on right now listing to Red Rider!

Can you say Vision Quest!  Jack has to go threw Davis and Micic.  He has his headphones on right now listing to Red Rider!

good luck to jack this weekend......it's crazy to see our boys that have wrestled each other since they were little now competing on the big stage together......

ill take stephen has wrestled good competition pretty much most of the season and as i thought hey wrestling someone a dozen times it is tough to beat him by pinning or teching him everytime well hey he did it again he is on top of his wrestling career dont think he loses in the semis

good luck to jack this weekend......it's crazy to see our boys that have wrestled each other since they were little now competing on the big stage together......

Thanks,  Good luck to Tony as well.  It is fun seeing the boys grow in to great young men.

the only reason the rest of the field is not "competitive" is because micic and lee are two of the best in any weight. Davis is a returning runner up and gets majored by the two, you take those two out and it's still a decent weight class.

No, Davis was majored by Lee. Micic won by tech fall and was 1 point from achieving that tech fall in 4 mins(19-5 after 2 periods). Just to clarify. 

No, Davis was majored by Lee. Micic won by tech fall and was 1 point from achieving that tech fall in 4 mins(19-5 after 2 periods). Just to clarify.

Just to clarify, wasn't their first match very close? With Micic only beating Davis 2-1? Lee beat him 13-4 his first time wrestling him. Didn't need a 2nd time to dominate.

I don't think Mimic will dominate but I do think he will pull it out.  However, I do not think it is ridiculous to pick a freshman over Mimic.  That is no disrespect to Mimic.  Lee is one heck of a wrestler.  This one will be a barn burner.  We will all be treated to a great match in my opinion. 

My bad, I knew micic won by tech. I wasn't really thinking about it when I posted.

Just to clarify, wasn't their first match very close? With Micic only beating Davis 2-1? Lee beat him 13-4 his first time wrestling him. Didn't need a 2nd time to dominate.

Just to clarify,  Micic has wrestled davis 5 times these last two years.last year he teched davis the first two matches, then had a close one. This year, he had a close one then teched hhim. Micic didn't need multiple matches to dominate,  davis needed multiple matches to keep it close.

Just to clarify,  Micic has wrestled davis 5 times these last two years.last year he teched davis the first two matches, then had a close one. This year, he had a close one then teched hhim. Micic didn't need multiple matches to dominate,  davis needed multiple matches to keep it close.

So, you are telling me the first time was 2-1 and a very, very close match. Thank you for clarifying, I thought his first match this year with him was a lot closer than Lee's, glad I was right.

Check your facts. I believe Micic has TF Davis 3 of 5 times they've wrestled. So logically it would seem there may have been circumstances in the 2 closer matches but it's not my business to elaborate any first hand info. I'm looking forward to the match.  ;D

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.