Evansville Semi State

navy80

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know no one has picked Van Horn to punch his ticket but I have a feeling he will do it today!  He is an explosive wrestler with a lot of power for a freshman...  Only a few hours left!

Actually a number of people have picked him or Karges.  Should be a good match and then another in the ticket round to decide who gets through that spot. 

Best Semi State in Evansville in many years. Talent from top to bottom in every weight class. The coaches were class acts and the wrestlers were honorable in victory and defeat. Parents can come on here and say this or that but one thing is for sure...Evansville Semi State teams are top notch in every aspect of the sport of wrestling. Congratulations to those headed to Bankers.

Best Semi State in Evansville in many years. Talent from top to bottom in every weight class. The coaches were class acts and the wrestlers were honorable in victory and defeat. Parents can come on here and say this or that but one thing is for sure...Evansville Semi State teams are top notch in every aspect of the sport of wrestling. Congratulations to those headed to Bankers.

For the most part the majority of wrestlers showed honor and dignity in victory and defeat, however no disrespect to the Madison wrestling staff, but i did see a couple of madison wrestlers show no honor. At 132 dempler/Williams from Madison threw his headgear in the air when he was still on the mat. Looks like it about hit the opposing coach.  Another observation was at 160 between Kemper/Partee match when he looked as if after the win Partee flexed towards Castle coaches and then the biting leading to a DQ. Geesh kids grow up and don't embarrass your coaches, parents, teammates and yourself.

Franklin's 126 went out like a champ...after he was tech falled by Nick Lee.  He shook both refs hand, held his head high.

I did see the headgear fly the air and almost hit a coach on another mat.  Not sure what happened with the bit finger, or if the Madison kid was flexing directly at the Castle coaches or behind them at someone in the crowd. 

I seen several kids shake the refs hands which is something I haven't really seen. Overall, I thought the sportsmanship was great. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.