Wilson vs. James

BeastMode#31

How about so details.

First 1:30 both guys feeling each other out...

Then James gets in on a nice single leg. Wilson tries to turn and pull leg away and goes out of bounds in the process...fleeing the mat called (call could have gone either way IMO)

1-0 James after 1

Wilson chooses down and gets ridden by James the whole 2nd period ( only a couple times where Wilson threatened to get away). James is tough on top ( duh)

1-0 after 2

James takes down. I believe Wilson cut him (2-0 James) and they went neutral. Some good action on their feet by both. Wilson hits a snap and spins behind for 2 (Wilson has to be the quickest kid in the state). Wilson cuts James again (3-2 James). Then Wilson hits a similar move and spins behind again for 2 with approx 15 seconds left and rides him out.

Great match between two of Indiana's finest. Please correct me if I was wrong on how the match went down. That's what at recall.

James just doesn't have the scoring offense to hang with Wilson. Before the 3rd period you could see which wrestle had something in their tank and which didn't.

Before the 3rd period, Wilson had not scored. Can you elaborate on just exactly what point you were attempting to make?

Well Mr. Thornton. Wilson had not scored before the 3rd is correct. Kinda runs right with my point of James not having the scoring offense to beat Wilson. He can't put a two takedown period together against Wilson. Like D will and can do to him. Wilson can get back points on James too. James still does not have the tank to win in the 3rd. He never has. Idk if that will change, but he is going to end up like Brendan Campbell. Very good wrestler. Great 2 period wrestler. 

It was a 1 point match in which Wilson scored off of James' shots and the tone of your response is that Wilson dominated. I am willing to concede that this dual will be close and may not go Brandon's way (I don't believe that, but that is my opinion). If you can't see James ever winning, then I would argue that you are blinded by some prejudice against Perry Meridian in general or Brandon in particular. The match in 2 weeks is really the only one that matters. Ask Eppert if he ultimately cared about losing a regional final.

James just doesn't have the scoring offense to hang with Wilson. Before the 3rd period you could see which wrestle had something in their tank and which didn't.

I actually like James odds to win, especially the more times they wrestle. Wilson is great and Has an unbelievable upside in college,  but I have to guess James has a huge toolbox from how long he's been wrestling. There are definitely some other positives to his experience,  but it be interesting.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.