PROUD DAD TODAY

PHMDAD

I woke up this morning still feeling the pain of my sons first round loss at regionals knowing the mental toll it is taking on him knowing he is the only one on his team that didn't advance to semi-state.

this being the second year in a row and numerous times the last 2 years being the guy on the bubble.

I set here with thoughts in my head...how does he keep going.

He spends the day devestated in tears and the first thing he's says to me in the mourning is dad will you take me to a tournament today so I can help out.

Shame on me me for questioning why he keeps going.

It's what he does...I realize he's got more heart than me.

as I set here choking back tears feeling like the proudest dad in the world.

the thought comes to me I have a pretty special kid.

Hang in there buddy...I'm proud of you

I woke up this morning still feeling the pain of my sons first round loss at regionals knowing the mental toll it is taking on him knowing he is the only one on his team that didn't advance to semi-state.

this being the second year in a row and numerous times the last 2 years being the guy on the bubble.

He spends the day devestated in tears and the first thing he's says to me in the mourning is dad will you take me to a tournament today so I can help out.

Please tell Cameron to hold his head up , you do indeed have a very special young man . He will be part of something very special . Looking forward to seeing him on the mat next year .

While I do not know your boy personally, I know who he is.I have seen him wrestle multiple times over the last two seasons. I have seen him win with class, and loose with dignity.  He seems like a fine young man. He is a good wrestler in a fine program, and if I am not mistaken an underclassmen. As life would have it we sometimes loose, and it is his character that keeps him going now, that will keep him going later,  if life again decides to stack against him. Best of luck in my the future.

There are thousands of these dads and wrestlers out there. See it every weekend. I am not a dad, but feel like one to one wrestler inparticular and many by proxy. I don't miss a match and root for all good kids no matter what team. THE SPORT brings it out in them and their families. ONE BIG FAMILY OF WRESTLING...Great Post Thank You for it.....

+10!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.