Merrillville Semi state Buzz???

ontherise219

I'll start it off with 120

1. Brenden Black losing in semis at regional now has a possible Jake Sinkovics ticket rd. match. I know some posters have said he will be talked about for the next 3 and a half years beating sinkovics would be a big splash.

2. In the preseason merrillville semi state rankings I believe their was a steak dinner being beat if Allmon and lukaszka would meet in the ticket rd also a little more dembrowski is in the bracket setting up a connersville rematch

I will say this much,  watching the logansport regional yesterday I was amazed how good the wrestling looked!  All weight classes were solid up and down.

From the results it looked like a good day of wrestling some surprises. I think boiler elite is helping to close the gap

I will say this much,  watching the logansport regional yesterday I was amazed how good the wrestling looked!  All weight classes were solid up and down.

The wrestling at Logan was very competitive.  I am not so sure that the quality was any better than it has been in past years.  There were a lot of close matches and OTs.  After looking at the brackets for the Merrillville SS, I think it is safe to say that the Logan Regional  wrestlers will face the same harsh reality that we face every year. With the usual exception of maybe 2 or 3 lucky good draws, I only see maybe 4 guys making it through to Indy.  Okay, there are maybe 2 places where a Logan reg wrestle may slide in due to being in the weakest quarter of the bracket.  Other than that, I expect the typically  poor results that we are used to experiencing.  Of course I would love to be wrong.  However, since the inception of the semi state, this has always been the case for the Logan Regional.  In my opinion, the McCutcheon 132 pounder (Carithers) and maybe and I mean a big maybe, WL (Duvall) have the best chance to do well.  If the TL Winkle kid wrestles to his ability, he too could make a big splash.  Again, I am hopeful that I am wrong, but it usually is what it is.

Wade Young from New Prairie took out Katsafaros 3-1 (OT) at Sectionals and 3-2 just yesterday so he'll be riding a little momentum going into this weekend. Look for him to be a good sleeper pick.

These are the one I have found interesting based on what I know or have seen:

Davis v. Cortez/Hatch(Cortez beat Davis 1st rd last year)

Hildebrndt v. Tolin(1st rd.)

Cummings v. DeLaPena

Trent v. Rodriguez

Allmon v. Lukaska

Torres v. Hartman

Sinko v. Black

Shurg v. Rodriguez

Johnson v. Denton (did he wrestle or default?)

Fuqua v. Covaciu

Shurg v. Sebahar

Macri v. Mavros (1st rd.)

Shurg v Christenson

Eldridge v. Wiseman

Hollins v. Schoonveld

Woods v. Suttles

Meyer v. Berdine

Duvall v. Yanez

How about the Stevan micic vs Zach Davis semi final? The winner of Johnson/Denton should have a good shot to wrestle in the finals

With Micic and Davis wrestling in the semi-final, a runner-up from another semi-state is getting the shaft. We really need wrestlebacks at state but i'd settle for a system that kept the best two wrestlers in the state on opposite sides of the bracket at semi-state. Maybe some sort of sort of Semistate reseeding could work. But mostly wrestlebacks.

At 113 Austen Laughlin vs Rickie Rodriguez should be a good 1st round match to watch

Let's just say that you will all know when Young Mr. Laughlin is starting to wrestle.  You will not need a PA system.  Bleacher fans beware, LOL.  You will know what I mean when it happens.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.