Castle finals 106

BB145

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree it was bad. They were in the same position for the last 30 seconds but the call is made when the time starts to tick down. If it was a takedown I would assume it would have been at the .30 mark. Just my opinion. Konrath looked to handle it well.

That ref made a lot of bad calls today. I never criticize refs on here but in the 220lb match he called a second stalling call and didn't even know to reward the point.  The second ref had to step in. He just seemed lost. Hopefully just an off day.

It was a terrible call. The class of Konrath to shrug his shoulders and say "it happens" was amazing and at the same time the Mater Dei section was slobbering and yelling for the ref to call those mythical 2 points.  I hate it for Egli who is a great wrestler because everyone that was in that building except those wearing red and gold knows it was a bogus call. I guess the thing to do is bring the most people to sit in the stands and scream what calls you need for your wrestler because those officials fold like paper cups.

paper cups fold??? how bout those refs fold like lawn chairs or news papers....

I use cups as an example because with any kind of weight/pressure they fold upon their selves but you are on to something. Today's refs folded as easy as laundry, chairs, newspapers, napkins and those dreaded 1980's Trapper Keepers.

It was a terrible call. The class of Konrath to shrug his shoulders and say "it happens" was amazing and at the same time the Mater Dei section was slobbering and yelling for the ref to call those mythical 2 points.  I hate it for Egli who is a great wrestler because everyone that was in that building except those wearing red and gold knows it was a bogus call. I guess the thing to do is bring the most people to sit in the stands and scream what calls you need for your wrestler because those officials fold like paper cups.

you got that right.  you cannot give a call against a certain team or the crybabies will die.  tthey ought to be doing soemththing about that.

There was no reversal at the buzzer. The ref made the call with about 4 tics on the clock. After the buzzer the ref consulted with the side judge and the call stood.

He did not make the call because of the "crybaby" fans.....really????

It a good thing that Konrath has more class than those commenting on this thread.

Sounds like a few people are upset a the 7 champs MD had.  Those are the only crybabies I'm hearing.  It was a tough call but man if Konrath wasn't whining why are all of you?

Could care less how many champs MD had. Congrats to them. I was questioning a very questionable call. That's what happens with questionable calls. Welcome to the Internet

Could care less how many champs MD had. Congrats to them. I was questioning a very questionable call. That's what happens with questionable calls. Welcome to the Internet

was it questionable?  I don't know, do you know the rule?

I would like to see someone, familiar with the rules, tell us what the rule is.  when the foot was hooked, the "two" went up.

This same ref didn't know to award a point for a second stalling call at 220. I am not sure he was influenced by some criteria that is lost to the majority. I do not know the exact verbiage but I do know I see that position in high school and collegiate wrestle A LOT and it's never a takedown. I have no bias towards either team I just thought it was a bad call to give him control. I think we will see this match up in the finals for the next two weeks. We can question a call without taking anyway anything from either wrestler.

Is there a need to call a fan base crybabies when questioning a call?  Welcome to adulthood.  When you get there.

I never called them crybabies. The poster who did that I'm guessing has an issue with MD despite this match. But I'm not sure a high road was taken on here :)

This same ref didn't know to award a point for a second stalling call at 220. I am not sure he was influenced by some criteria that is lost to the majority. I do not know the exact verbiage but I do know I see that position in high school and collegiate wrestle A LOT and it's never a takedown. I have no bias towards either team I just thought it was a bad call to give him control. I think we will see this match up in the finals for the next two weeks. We can question a call without taking anyway anything from either wrestler.

You're right...its NEVER a takedown....but its sometimes a reversal.

I agree. I did see one post saying crybabies but other than that one post everyone else has said that both wrestlers are good sports and great kids. To me a reversal was not the correct call at all.  There was no change in control. I would even wonder if an escape would be the correct call in that instance but at least that call would have left the match up to the wrestlers instead of up to the crowd and to the official. Those officials have a tough job without everyone yelling at them but if people on here don't think that Mater Dei and its crowd don't change calls then they live in 'Never Land'.

I expect to see Egli and Konrath in the finals at the Ford Center and it should be another great match. To offset the crowd perhaps all the other schools should wear a Mount Vernon shirt during that match and drowned out the "TWO!!!" screams from the Gold and Red section and let the officials do their jobs and the kids wrestle their matches.