Logan Regional

Does anyone have the brackets or know where to find the brackets? Yeah sure I could take the results from both sectionals and pair them up but that's just too much work lol..

On that note, who are you looking forward to seeing wrestle most? I'm not familiar with most of the Jeff sectional guys but I really like Thomas and Garpow from Twin Lakes sectional! Conley from WC AND the WL kid should be a good match to stick around and see at the very end of the day! It should be an exciting day! Hoping weather permits! Good luck to everyone

Most of my picks lean towards the TL Sectional guys, but heres what I got.

106  Miller, Davis, Bushong, Torres      Guess Miller gets it here. didn't watch sectional match. Was it close?

113  Porter, Jones, Hampton, Ordway  Porter looks good, haven't watched Jones in a while Know he's good

120  Carden, Brown, Lukaska, Grimes  ? Sure Unknown will comment here  LOL

126  Denton, Inman, Collier, Wireman  Like Inman beating Switzer here. 1st rd

132  Carithers, Widner, Alderman, Layer    Carithers  then all others very competitive.

138  Metcalf,  Atkinson, Denton, Schrock    (Conference score 7-4 Atkinson winning) again Unknown ?:)

145  Sigman,  Fritz, Armuth, Cox      My upset pick 2nd rd TL and Har.    TL and WC are 1-1 this year

152 Vanmeter, welch, Madson, stone

160 Thomas, Hedden, McGehee, Owens

170 Mote , Doty , Randle ,Garpow 

182 Wade, Wright, Hartlety, Pruitt

195 Winkle, Langley, Watts, Glassburn

220 Meyer, Elliot,  Oliver ,Houston

285 Duvall, Conley, Hopkins, Fitz    Duval wins pure size and strength.

Hope weather is good for all Regionals

Most of my picks lean towards the TL Sectional guys, but heres what I got.

106  Miller, Davis, Bushong, Torres      Guess Miller gets it here. didn't watch sectional match. Was it close?

113  Porter, Jones, Hampton, Ordway  Porter looks good, haven't watched Jones in a while Know he's good

120  Carden, Brown, Lukaska, Grimes  ? Sure Unknown will comment here  LOL

126  Denton, Inman, Collier, Wireman  Like Inman beating Switzer here. 1st rd

132  Carithers, Widner, Alderman, Layer    Carithers  then all others very competitive.

138  Metcalf,  Atkinson, Denton, Schrock    (Conference score 7-4 Atkinson winning) again Unknown ?:)

145  Sigman,  Fritz, Armuth, Cox      My upset pick 2nd rd TL and Har.    TL and WC are 1-1 this year

152 Vanmeter, welch, Madson, stone

160 Thomas, Hedden, McGehee, Owens

170 Mote , Doty , Randle ,Garpow 

182 Wade, Wright, Hartlety, Pruitt

195 Winkle, Langley, Watts, Glassburn

220 Meyer, Elliot,  Oliver ,Houston

285 Duvall, Conley, Hopkins, Fitz    Duval wins pure size and strength.

Hope weather is good for all Regionals

Looks like you're going pretty heavy on the Twin Lakes sectional and against historical trends.   

Coach Lucaszka now thats funny. Good luck Saturday Jeff Sectional. MatDad you have it way wrong at 106 145 and 180. Got a hot Dog on bet on those picks.

Don't know about 106 and I agree that TL kid probably won't win 145 either. But the TL 182 pounder, Wade can most definitely wrestle with this group of regional wrestlers.  I personally wouldn't bet against him.  He is an extremely deceptive wrestler.  He has a funky style and is much stronger than he looks.  I might be a hotdog, but I think he can get it done.  On a side note the Garpow kid from Win. at 170 looked very good at sectionals.  I am thinking that Mote and Doty better not be overlooking this kid. Overall, Jeff sectional is going to have a lot more champs, but I do think TL sectional is going to win a couple that may surprise a lot of people.  Best of luck to all participating.  As always it will be fun to watch. 

Wade might be able to win it at 182, I think that class is open.  Garpow is dangerous but he is going to struggle to get past Doty unless he catches him in a throw, then I believe Garpow lost to Mote at Twin Lakes earlier this year but you never know.

Wade might be able to win it at 182, I think that class is open.  Garpow is dangerous but he is going to struggle to get past Doty unless he catches him in a throw, then I believe Garpow lost to Mote at Twin Lakes earlier this year but you never know.

Wade will have a tough time with Wright. I think Pruitt gets Wade first, but  a must see match.  Garpow vs Doty will be a fun match, but Mote is looking real good right now at 170.  Two first round matches that I'm looking forward to are Sigman vs Grammar at 145 and Switzer vs Inman at 126.  I think Grammar gets Sigman.   

Looks like Denton had troubles with his shoulder.. Sad to see this happen, hoping for a quick recovery and look for him to bounce back next weekend! Anything can happen!

Impressive wins at 138-145 from west central! No one seen that comingZ congrats to Denton and fritz! Thomas had a nice match and wow! What a match from Garpow giving mote all he could handle. I knew doty wouldn't be a problem for him! 4 more matches.

Twin Lakes Sectional is representing itself really well! A lot better than the past. 5 champions so far

113- Logan

138- WC

145- WC

152- LC

160- TL

Looks like Denton had troubles with his shoulder.. Sad to see this happen, hoping for a quick recovery and look for him to bounce back next weekend! Anything can happen!

Impressive wins at 138-145 from west central! No one seen that comingZ congrats to Denton and fritz! Thomas had a nice match and wow! What a match from Garpow giving mote all he could handle. I knew doty wouldn't be a problem for him! 4 more matches.

Twin Lakes Sectional is representing itself really well! A lot better than the past. 5 champions so far

113- Logan

138- WC

145- WC

152- LC

160- TL

They did do well lots of very good matches.  @138  Finals and 3rd 4th were back and forth. Harrison and Delphi solid as usual. Congrats to all qualifiers and represent Logan Regional @Semi State.

Congrats to Denton and how he handled himself today on the award stand....smiling and gracious to fellow wrestlers....know his day didn't turn out like he wanted but others can take a lesson from how he represented himself....He's owned the semi-state in the past so goodluck and I'd like to see you on the stand again next weekend.....Don't know you....you don't know me....but you gained my respect today!!

Congrats to Denton and how he handled himself today on the award stand....smiling and gracious to fellow wrestlers....know his day didn't turn out like he wanted but others can take a lesson from how he represented himself....He's owned the semi-state in the past so goodluck and I'd like to see you on the stand again next weekend.....Don't know you....you don't know me....but you gained my respect today!!

I couldn't agree more.  This kid is a class act,  Yes, he didn't look like a 3 time state qualifier yesterday.  However, he is not the kind of kid to make excuses, so I will.  He had shoulder surgery like 2 months before the season started.  It didn't heal in time like I am sure they had hoped.  He endured a lot of pain and was sidelined for many of his matches.  This injury obviously took an emotional toll on him.  He was a returning semi state champ and 3 time state qualifier.  It was clear to everyone that this was not the Blake Denton that we have all come to know.  A healthy Blake would have made it to state again and this time, I believe he would have been standing on the podium on Saturday.  Was heartbreaking but he maintained a good attitude through it all.  Way to go Blake.  Congrats on a great high school career.  Regardless of what happens next week, he is a true champ.  This isn't to diminish the accomplishments of the other wrestlers that placed above him in the regionals at 126 pounds.  These young men deserve their success.  It was just a shame to see a high quality Logan Regional wrestler go out like that.  Good luck to all at Merrillville.

Denton was all class on Saturday, and really just loved the fact that he still had a smile on the stand and was talking to all the other placers.  Everbody knew he wasnt 100%.  I think he gets the bigger picture.    I hope he feels better next week and I think he got the best draw he could of got (no Micic).    The Regional winner who drew Blake can't be happy about the draw.

Definitely some good matches this weekend.  I just loved the effort out of the 138 lb weight class.  Both the final and consolation final were amazing.  None of these guys wanted to lose and hope everybody walked away with their heads high after those matches.  And Metcalf and Atkinson both looked just as fresh in OT as they did in first period.  The call at the end could of gone either way as that was a tough one on the ref.

Also the Armuth and Fritz match was amazing, as both guys atacked and counter attacked the whole match.  Too bad a caution on jump start was the difference.      Huge difference this match made for semi-state draws.

Also the biggest surprise and most was Gabe Welch at 152.  He really impressed.  Van Meter has looked tough all year, but he didn't have an answer for Welch. 

Also loved Daniel Davis's composure in the OT. Another gutsy win over Miller.  Seems like Miller  has always been close but never could never find the answer for Davis.    At 182, Daniel Wright wrestled a smart tactical match against Wade and the results showed.  At 220 Meyer is looking dominant and a pinning machine this year.

Also very curious to see how Mote and Garpow do at 170 as both looked sharp.  Wouldnt be surprise to see both get though to state.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.