Calumet Regional

ontherise219

this is a regional that has put a wrestler in the finals for the last 20 years. I would guess that they will put a guy in the finals again this season. what are everyone's predictions

Here are mine

1. Reitz Griffth

2. Delapena Merr

3. Miranda Morton

4. Pardus Hob

1. Crary Mun

2. Garza Mer

3. Rodriguez Mor

4. Pardo Por

1. Torres Port

2. Black Hob

3. Rodriguez Mort

4. Magana mun

1. Johnson Mer

2. Truver Lkc

3. Duque Port

4. Castallanos Hob

1. Noworul Cal

2. Scott Mer

3. Escobedo Port

4. Quintalla CLk

1. Covaciu Mer

2. Lawrence Port

3. Bryant Cal

4. Leon Hob

1. Rentas Mer

2. Sebahar Lkc

3. Gonzalez port

4. Guarnero Hob

1.Christanson Lkc

2. Armstrong Mer

3. Morgan Port

4. Issa Grif

1. Kleimora Lkc

2. Slosser Mun

3. Butler Mer

4. Svitko Port

1. Sopko Hob

2. Lee Merr

3. Vargas Lkc

4. Dodge LSE

1. Hollins Mer

2. Fowler Cal

3. Dunlap Grif

4. Chandler Port

1. Hedrick Port

2. Rivera ECC

3. Palacios Morton

4. Zamora CLk

1. Robinson Lkc

2. Williams Port

3. Rameriez Hob

4. Schultz LSE

1. Streck Mer

2. Yanez RF

3. Manuel Cal

4. Minkema Lkc

Just guesses good luck to everyone 

Some first round matches i was torn on

126 Castallanos Hobart vs Flores mun

I know Flores has had some Good wins and is really tough freshman.

132 Quintalla clk vs armes lse

armes has had some tough matches with noworul this year. Quintalla has looked very tough really a toss up.

160 arrendando high vs butler mer

Haven't seen enough of these guys

160 slosser mun vs Stassin Grif

Stassin has wrestled tough all year and slosser when he healthy can wrestle/pin anyone in the state

Noah fowler cal vs palacios mor

Both slight upsets Saturday Noah had a really good summer but lost most of the season to injury and palacios has had a great year and was caught and pinned in the sectional finals.

195 Kijurna  high vs Zamora clk

Zamora lost in OT to palacios is having a good year I haven't seen a lot from Kijurna but he was in a tight match with Hedrick who is really tough

I agree with you on every weight besides 195 and 160. I'm thinking upsets with arrendando. He gets through 1st round with ease then a huge close match in the Semi's. If he wins it will be a rematch in the finals of the Calumet sectional. regardless he makes it through to good ol Mville

Kijurna has already beat Zamora earlier this year, but lost to him as well. If he gets through him he will have Rivera in the semi's who he has already pinned in under a minute. Another rematch of the Calumet Sectional finals, but this time he gets it done!

the finals will have a great match-up in almost every final at this regional. I like some of the rematches!Reitz v/s Delapena.... Crary v/s Garza....Torres v/s Black....Sopko v/s Lee and Hollins v/s Fowler. These match-ups will be a great tune up for semi-state at Merrillville.

I totally agree with the Lee prediction, which I stated on this thread, and looking at your DeLaPena prediction, I would say that's not too far off base either.  I think he beats the young man from Morton, who I assume you are referring to, but I agree it will be tight. 

I totally agree with the Lee prediction, which I stated on this thread, and looking at your DeLaPena prediction, I would say that's not too far off base either.  I think he beats the young man from Morton, who I assume you are referring to, but I agree it will be tight.

If DeLapena wins his first match he will have either king from LC or pradus from Hobart

Ok so without looking at the bracket I thought that there would be a possibility of him wrestling Morton, if his second match is against either of the two you mentioned, then I take Merrillville to be in the finals hands down.

DeLaPena has beat Miranda(Morton) twice this year, 11-4 and 12-7, the match at Sectionals was 6-1 in takedowns. He has not wrestled Pardus or Reitz this year.

1. Reitz Grif

2. Delapena MERR

3. Miranda Mort

4. Pardus Hob

1. Crary Mun

2. Garza MERR

3. Rodriguez Mort

4. Pardo Port

1. Torres Port

2. Black Hob

3. Rodriguez Mort

4. Diaz Clk

1. Johnson MERR

2. Truver Lkc

3. Duque Port

4. Castallanos Hob

1. Noworul Cal

2. Quintanilla Cla

3. Escobedo Port

4. Scott MERR

1. Covaciu MERR

2. Lawrence Port

3. Bryant Cal

4. Leon Hob

1. Rentas MERR

2. Sebahar Lkc

3. Gonzalez port

4. Guarnero Hob

1.Christanson Lkc

2. Armstrong Mer

3. Morgan Port

4. Issa Grif

1. Svitko Port

2. Arrendondo High

3. Kleimora Lkc

4. Stassin Grif

1. Sopko Hob

2. Lee Merr

3. Vargas Lkc

4. Dodge Lse

1. Hollins MERR

2. Fowler Cal

3. Dunlap Grif

4. Chandler Port

1. Kijurna High

2. Palacios Mort

3. Hedrick Port

4. Rivera Ecc

1. Robinson Lkc

2. Williams Port

3. Rameriez Hob

4. Schultz LSE

1. Streck Mer

2. Yanez RF

3. Minkema Lkc l

4. Manuel Cal

Merrillville wins as a team

Chris Diaz from Clark at 120 is done for the season due to injury.  Greg Rosales from Clark at 152 is done for the season due to breaking school attendance rules.

That's to bad Diaz was having a nice season. He put in a lot of work this summer hopefully it isn't to bad and and he can make some noise next season.

Heard Black lost, which shocks me, he pounded Rodriguez at the Harvest, way to make adjustments and avenge the loss. Black is going to make life difficult for a 1 and 2 seed next week, perhaps this loss will shut his coaches up for at least one week. He's a nice wrestler, hope high expectations didn't get to him.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.