Regional Brackets

GAT36

For any Sectional A and Sectional B, here is how the bracket will be built - you can lookup results and build it yourself...

A1---------

|

|---------

|             

B4---------             

A3---------

|

|----------

|

B2---------

A2---------

|

|----------

|

B3---------

A4---------

|

|----------

|

B1---------

And so forth...

For any Sectional A and Sectional B, here is how the bracket will be built - you can lookup results and build it yourself...

A1---------

|

|---------

|             

B4---------             

A3---------

|

|----------

|

B2---------

A2---------

|

|----------

|

B3---------

A4---------

|

|----------

|

B1---------

And so forth...

So sectionals A's 1st and 3rd place are on one side and sectionals A's 2nd and 4th are on the other side. Correct right

All sectional results but Westview are on the ihsaa site here (click on the sectionals tab):

http://www.ihsaa.org/Sports/Boys/Wrestling/201314/StateTournament/tabid/1579/Default.aspx

When I click on the Castle Sectional results I get an error message saying page is lost or moved.

Help!

Someone help me out here:

Regionals: 8 wrestlers in each weight class.  If you win your first match are you guaranteed Semi-State or are their wrestle backs to determing 3rd/4th?

At regionals if you loss first round (quarter-finals) you are eliminated.  After that (starting semi-finals) they determine the top 4 placers that will advance to Semi-state.  Win and your in championship match.  Loss and your 3rd/4th match. 

Thanks.  Thought sectionals worked that way as well but I guess since more than 8 in a bracket wrestle backs have to be done...

Sectionals have always had a more extensive wrestle-back system.  One of the main reasons is to determine a more accurate team score for deciding the Sectional team title.  This was a bigger issue when we still had the team state series, but still helpful to properly seperate teams even after.  Another reason maybe to help fix any possible seeding issues at the sectional level. 

You can't depend on this layout!  For some weights, they use this layout and some weights are reversed, with A1 at the bottom.  I guess the IHSAA thinks it wouldn't be fair to always make the A1-B4 match to be wrestled first.  So they randomly select ascending or descending for each weight, I believe.  Or maybe the Regional host does it.

A1---------

|

|---------

|             

B4---------             

A3---------

|

|----------

|

B2---------

A2---------

|

|----------

|

B3---------

A4---------

|

|----------

|

B1---------

And so forth...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.