14 in the finals

mathewsz7

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Perry Meridian had all 14 kids in the finals today. 10 champs & 4 runner-ups...I was wondering if any other teams had all 14 kids place in the top 2 today...Go Falcons Lets keep it goin next week

Yorktown did I'm pretty sure

Probably not, due to the fact that not everyone else's sectionals are as weak as some.

Yeah because when a team accomplishes something like putting 14 guys into the sectional finals it has

to be because of weak competition! Not because they work their butt off to build a solid team!

Yeah because when a team accomplishes something like putting 14 guys into the sectional finals it has

to be because of weak competition! Not because they work their butt off to build a solid team!

I mean it's not like there are any quality wrestlers to give Yorktown any competition considering they won ever... oh wait they lost some.. my bad forgot there are solid wrestlers from small schools..

I mean it's not like there are any quality wrestlers to give Yorktown any competition considering they won ever... oh wait they lost some.. my bad forgot there are solid wrestlers from small schools..

????  Yorktown isn't exactly a large school.  By the way, 2 of the 3 they lost were to larger schools.

Probably not, due to the fact that not everyone else's sectionals are as weak as some.

We all know Perry is one of the best in the state but that doesn't excuse the fact their sectional is on the downside of toughness. The ideas/suggestions are not mutually exclusive.

And with Muncie's consolidation next year and some form of Randolph County consolidation in the very near future things could get more interesting since there will be a couple more large schools there

Regardless of "lack" of competition, coach Tonte is one of the best in the state at getting his wrestlers to peak at the right time.  All 14 will be ready to battle it out the next three weeks.  Congrats to all wrestlers moving on and to those who's season may have ended yesterday.  Gotta love this time of year!

Perry getting 14 in the final has everything to do with a weak Sectional . Put Perry in the Mishawaka Sectional and they would be lucky to get 5 champs .

Have to agree the sec. is weak, but dont get it twisted PM is the real deal has been and will continue its winning ways as long as they have the strong wrestling community and a couple of the best coaches IN has to offer I agree a few of the weight classes mainly upperweights is not as strong as been in the past, but you could of put them in any sec. out there and they would of got atleast 12 through and 10-12 in the finals. Its just disrespectful to question there talent they work just as hard if not harder than any team in the country!! I predict they will have 10-12 in the finals at regionals does that make the PM regional weak I dont think so with WC in there NP along with some other great wrestlers they will have atleast 12 make it through! So keep hating all the way to downtown Indy and see how far that really gets you!! Just my opinion but you all know I speak the TRUTH !! ;D OH ya GO FALCONS

I agree.  To say the teams that got 13 or 14 did so because of a weak sectional is crazy.  These are the same teams that battle for team state, ranked high in the state and will most likely battle for the state title.  They advance because of coaching and years of dedication.  Yes, some sectionals are harder than others, but you wrestle what is before you.  They can not control who is in the sectional. Regardless, these teams would probably send 10 or more in any other sectional.

I agree.  To say the teams that got 13 or 14 did so because of a weak sectional is crazy.  These are the same teams that battle for team state, ranked high in the state and will most likely battle for the state title.  They advance because of coaching and years of dedication.  Yes, some sectionals are harder than others, but you wrestle what is before you.  They can not control who is in the sectional. Regardless, these teams would probably send 10 or more in any other sectional.

Sending 10 or more on to Regionals isn't the same thing as having ALL 14 in the Finals.  I agree, the teams who sent all to regionals are very very good teams.  But, having all 14 in the finals is a likely weak overall sectional.  Take the team out that sent all forward, and how many of the individuals left will make it too state, semi-state?

The teams are good yes, overall weak, very much so.  It is what it is.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.