Sportsmanship---IHSAA

julio

Every meet this year the referees have told the coaches to have their teams show sportsmanship per the IHSAA.  So why is it that when a wrestler loses in the finals, they still refuse to show up for the awards and accept their 2nd place ribbon?

The wrestler you're referencing was outside throwing up during the awards ceremony. Being a member of the custodial brotherhood yourself, you should be understanding that he chose not to vomit inside on the gym floor, but instead took it outside sparing your comrade the cleanup.

The wrestler you're referencing was outside throwing up during the awards ceremony. Being a member of the custodial brotherhood yourself, you should be understanding that he chose not to vomit inside on the gym floor, but instead took it outside sparing your comrade the cleanup.

I guess that sums up that question lol.

• 2 weeks later...

Why point out only wrestlers....let us remind the coaches (new pal and tech) they need to show sportsmanship. Sad when they coach other kids not on their team and walk the edge of the mat, talk to ref when wrestling against a certain team.....lead by example

This is such an important topic all around...the winners, the losers, the couches, the wrestlers and yes the FANS should all show sportsmanship.  I have seen instances where all the listed above have be unsportsmanlike.  Remember you are setting an example for others no matter what you are doing...do it with pride and be respectful and always show good sportsmanship. 

This is such an important topic all around...the winners, the losers, the couches, the wrestlers and yes the FANS should all show sportsmanship.  I have seen instances where all the listed above have be unsportsmanlike.  Remember you are setting an example for others no matter what you are doing...do it with pride and be respectful and always show good sportsmanship. 

ani_couch.gif

Make sure your couch continues to show sportsmanship

I agree whole hardly with you. However there is one group that you left out. The refs. Don't get me wrong there are a lot of great refs out there, but there are a lot of great winners, losers, coaches, etc. out there as well. And this year a have seen some ref be disrespectful to coaches and wrestlers just because they are having a been day or what ever the case maybe. I think that a ref should have to go to the table if a coach quietly and calmly walks to the table, not just tell them no to go sit back down.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.