Hamilton Heights sectional indiv. records

S-Brooks

Got a chance to see a kid from Heights last night at the MIC (at Peru) wrestle whom I have never seen wrestle before.  I have not been to conference the last few years and they could not make it up to our place earlier for a Super 8.  I believe his name was Adrian Porter the Heavyweight.  What an athlete.  Huge balanced hips and thighs....a man among children in the heavyweight division of  the MIC.  Cass has a pretty good heavyweight, and I have seen him dominate some pretty good kids,  but Porter made it look easy.  Just my 2 cents.

I am Andre's Coach. I came to a friends house 2 years ago and I saw him and I rolled with him just by chance in the summer of 2012 I said you could be pretty good. Well I have a history of working with HWT's and I couldn't get Andre off my mind. I said man if that kid had a coach he could really go places. Well a month went by and I got a call from John Hook and he said man we need a coach and I never wanted to be a head coach. The time commitment is huge if you do it right. I was just happy stopping into high school practices and rolling around with HWT's and helping out. Long story short I got the job and I went to work on him. I got him an extra 78 matches in the spring and summer plus I brought a few friends in such as Tom Erikson to help out with Andre. Well last year he ran into Donte in the ticket round of the Smi-State and lost. We traveled all over last spring and summer he wrestle with the Indiana Junior team in Oklahoma and I took him to Iowa, Virginia Beach, and Mich and all over Indiana looking for matches. Well here we are he's 30-1 and ranked number 5 in the state. We are on track and on a mission to be on the podium in a few weeks. Lets not forget who his father is George Porter 1989 HWT State Champ from Gary Roosevelt. His father lives overseas. Well I wish all the wrestlers good luck this year.

I am Andre's Coach. I came to a friends house 2 years ago and I saw him and I rolled with him just by chance in the summer of 2012 I said you could be pretty good. Well I have a history of working with HWT's and I couldn't get Andre off my mind. I said man if that kid had a coach he could really go places. Well a month went by and I got a call from John Hook and he said man we need a coach and I never wanted to be a head coach. The time commitment is huge if you do it right. I was just happy stopping into high school practices and rolling around with HWT's and helping out. Long story short I got the job and I went to work on him. I got him an extra 78 matches in the spring and summer plus I brought a few friends in such as Tom Erikson to help out with Andre. Well last year he ran into Donte in the ticket round of the Smi-State and lost. We traveled all over last spring and summer he wrestle with the Indiana Junior team in Oklahoma and I took him to Iowa, Virginia Beach, and Mich and all over Indiana looking for matches. Well here we are he's 30-1 and ranked number 5 in the state. We are on track and on a mission to be on the podium in a few weeks. Lets not forget who his father is George Porter 1989 HWT State Champ from Gary Roosevelt. His father lives overseas. Well I wish all the wrestlers good luck this year.

Great story. Cannot wait to hear the ending! Good luck this post season.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.