ISWA Elementary National Team Wrestle Offs (Info)

Mattyb

The ISWA has once again committed to attend the USA Wrestling Heartland Duals. This years tournament will be held in a state of the art arena in Council Bluffs, IA. This tournament is the very best youth dual in the USA. We finished in 3rd place last year. We look to improve upon that finish.  If we unite as a state, we can do VERY well. I would like to see Indiana's finest at our wrestle offs (try outs). If you do not plan to go to the Heartland Duals, please refrain from attending the tryouts! Tryouts will be at Lawrence North High School on Sunday March 2nd. The trip will be April 11th to the 13th

Here is a link to the wrestle off info: http://www.iswa.com/wp-content/uploads/2014-ISWA-Heartland-Dual-Wrestle-Off-Schedule1.pdf

Matthew Brewer

ISWA Folkstyle Developmental Director

317-201-0644

• 2 weeks later...

Would love to come up but unfortunately this falls on our home tournament. Real bummer

It is completely impossible to hold tryouts on a date that perfect for all. Please note that the wrestle offs were announced at the annual bidding meeting. Some club leaders made a choice to hold their events on the same day. With this said, I do know the Tell City club leaders. They are some of the best club leaders in our system. I am sure that they may give you their blessing to come tryout. As parents, we all have to make choices for our kids. I and sure that this will be a very minor choice in the whole scheme of things. Please know that the ISWA is here for you and are just trying to provide the opportunity for our young elite wrestlers to challenge themselves. We look forward to putting together some awesome teams!

• 3 weeks later...

since we took 3rd as a team last year i would assume this is an older kids elementary event? is there any real sense in a 2nd grader trying out?

Well, it depends on the child's weight class. A 2nd grader may have a shot at 50 (the lowest weight) or another lower weight. But.... this is a very tough tourney. Most states bring there very best wrestlers. Kids may be first year schoolboys. With all of this said, I do not wish to discourage anyone. If your 2nd grader has been winning state events and maybe some national stuff too. He may be ready. The good thing is that he is young and has 4 more years to make this team.

I plan on improving from last years results!

We have had some commitments from some VERY solid wrestlers. It has been very difficult to get everyone on the same page. Our goal is to take a unified team Indiana for the first time ever. If we can we have a great shot. It is all about the kids and showing what Indiana wrestling is made of. Look forward to a good day of wrestling and a great trip.

Assuming the looming poor weather throughout the State hurt the tournout today?

It kinda did, no doubt. However, several very good wrestlers made the tryouts. Not the ideal situation. We should have some solid teams. With this said, we may need some help filling the second and third teams. If you were not able to make it, and would like to go, I will see what I can do. Please email me if you are interested. I will see what I can do about providing your wrestlers a chance to go. We will have a blast.

Thanks,

Matt Brewer

mbrewer@eliteindy.com

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.