Weight by weight predictions

Titanium14

106 Konrath - His only loss is to who I have got winning 113 Tyler Ferguson in a 6-9 match. Southern Indiana will get to see #1 and #2 wrestle three weekends I a row lucky us :)

113 Ferguson - not given enough credit. The kid is a stud, period.

120 Red - has probably been practicing for him and LaHue's match all year. That is focus, and as far as experience goes he already has a state title

126 Micic - I hope that the bracket makers know to put Lee and Micic on opposite sides, because that is what the fans want to see. And I have Micic for the soul fact that this is going to be his last match before bigger and better.

132 James - STUD

138 Hughes - I saw Lykins at the Holiday Classic and well I think that Ervin kid from KY is a stud I dont think Drew would get beat that bad.

145 Lecount- I don't think anyone in this weight class can touch him

152 Shurg- Unless Forte bumps then I got him all the way, but I think that is wishful thinking.

160 Hughes - Kenny is a beast at it is his year

170 Rickenbaugh - I know he has no notable wins and that is what is scary about him, because even the ranking guys know he is the man.

182 Hinkle - Leaving Bankers Life with the Gold

195 Kral - Got nothing to say

220 Miller- I think the finals will be the same this year between the two but Miller walks away with the W this time.

285 Oglesby - Just a hunch

106-Egli. He has taken a loss to Konrath, but it didnt count for anything, Egli knows what he has to do.  Extremely big and can put on a clinic.  Southern Indiana gets to watch the top 2 state finishers battle it out for 3 straight weeks.

113-Smith. Too good not to pick, but i think Ferg gets him at SS, but Smith takes it.

120-Red. Lahue gives him a run, but wont be enough to stop him.

126-Micic. Lee is an all around better wrestler, but its Micic's time, no stopping him.

132-Wilson.  Insane on his feet.  James cant hang.

138-Lykins.  Hughes is good but Lykins has stepped it up, my biggest upset of the year.

145-Forte.  Forte is a freak, Lecount beat him but for nothing, Forte is ready.

152-Kelley.  No question asked, he takes it home.

160-Cosaro.  Will  be tested many of times, but will come out.  Expect tight ones throughout February.

170-Stevenson.  Underrated and forgotten.  Size will make the difference. 

182-Rypel.  Won some tight ones, but is moving ground away. 

195-Kral.  Physical and smart will the deciding factor.

220-Robinson.  Just too dominate, don't see him having any more close matches, considering his closest was 7-4 with the HWT Streck. 

285-Benard.  Extremely fit and can move, him and Streck will battle but have to go with the big man. 

Nice momentum for Crary. The kid is tough and won't have any easy Saturdays with Garza or Rickie Rodriguez in the sectional final and a cast of challengers every subsequent step of the way.

Otherwise:

106: Konrath

113: Crary

120: Red

126: Micic

132: Wilson

138: Cash

145: Forte

152: Macri

160: Corsaro

170: McCloskey

182: Eldridge

195: Thacker

220: Robinson

285: Streck

106: Cummings

113: Smith

120: Lahue

126: Micic in OT

132: James

138: Hughes

145: Lecount in OT

152: Kelley

160: Hughes

170: McCloskey

182: Rypel

195: Omar

220: Robinson

HWT: Bernard

Do you think I am a little biased?  ;) ;) ;)

Yep, cause Reitz just pinned Cummings, and I don't see Cummings coming back from that to beat Reitz, or Hildebrandt in the Merr. SS, Homer LOL

SLDChamp, I don't know what fantasy land you live in to say " Manns won't place IF he even qualifies". Obviously you haven't seen him wrestle this year, he won conference beating Hart in the finals 4-2, his only loss this year was to Kral, and he controlled that match all three periods, lost by one in the last ten seconds of the match 4-5. As of now he is 29-1 on the year. ;)

195 is down, but not that far down.. Manns can compete with some of the best wrestlers, but he won't even place IF he qualifies

Thanks SLDchamp, you just made it easy to motivate him. He wrestles best when he thinks he is not respected or the underdog. He manhandled Scott on his home turf 13-6. then had Kral beat thinking he heard the whistle(another whistle was blown on another mat) let go of the leg in the final seconds to lose on a takedown. His fault and he admits it. That is why you have to break him away even if the ref blows the whistle.  You just underestimated a kid that  is on a mission with set goals in mind. He will prove a lot of people where he belongs. Olddog14 we will watch and see where he stands at the end. I predict that he is in the finals. Not to mention he beat some other quality opponents like Morales from WEBO. You make it sound like he is a bottom feeder, show some respect. IF he qualifies, what?

106- Bailey

113- Smith

120- Red

126- Micic

132- James

138- Hughes

145- LeCount

152- Macri

160- Corsaro

170 McCloskey

182- Rypel

195- Kral

220- Miller

285- Bernard

Team

1) Cathedral- 3-4 champs and 2-3  in top 4 just too many guns

2) Penn- the most placers

3) Perry- 2 champs and a couple placers

4) EMD

5) Franklin

I got pretty much the same except Robinson at 220 and PM #2, Franklin #3, Penn #4 Irish #1 Goodluck to Wes!!

Thanks SLDchamp, you just made it easy to motivate him. He wrestles best when he thinks he is not respected or the underdog. He manhandled Scott on his home turf 13-6. then had Kral beat thinking he heard the whistle(another whistle was blown on another mat) let go of the leg in the final seconds to lose on a takedown. His fault and he admits it. That is why you have to break him away even if the ref blows the whistle.  You just underestimated a kid that  is on a mission with set goals in mind. He will prove a lot of people where he belongs. Olddog14 we will watch and see where he stands at the end. I predict that he is in the finals. Not to mention he beat some other quality opponents like Morales from WEBO. You make it sound like he is a bottom feeder, show some respect. IF he qualifies, what?

Since I can no longer see notable matches on rankings which Scott did Manns beat 13-6.  Just question.

ok so for my picks i picked a champ and then also an upset pick... my upset picks are kids that i think could get hot and have a shot at winning... i picked one for every weight so some will definitely be a long shot, but i didn't want to leave any weight classes out... enjoy!

106- Konrath... upset pick- Cummings

113- Smith... upset pick- Pepple

120- Red... upset pick- Knapp

126- Micic... upset pick- McCormick

132- Wilson... upset pick- Broukal

138- Hughes... upset pick- Krumlauf

145- LeCount... upset pick- Harvey

152- Carroll... upset pick- Schurg

160- Corsaro... upset pick- Hiestand

170- McClosky... upset pick- Stevenson

182- Rypel... upset pick- Eldridge

195- Kral... upset pick- Moss

220- Robinson... upest pick- Tolley

285- Bernard... upset pick- Streck

SLDChamp, I don't know what fantasy land you live in to say " Manns won't place IF he even qualifies". Obviously you haven't seen him wrestle this year, he won conference beating Hart in the finals 4-2, his only loss this year was to Kral, and he controlled that match all three periods, lost by one in the last ten seconds of the match 4-5. As of now he is 29-1 on the year. ;)

I watched him win a 4-2 conference finals match that incuded two average wrestlers.  Sorry if I hurt some feelings I'm just telling it how it is.  Please, when Manns wins his title as you predict, recomment on this thread and I will admit I was wrong.

It would be a  different story if your opinion wasn't biased.  Your proflile even mentions your school as Crawfordsville.  The kid is tough, but he won't be in the state finals.  I don't think he will win regionals

That is right I am biased, we all are biased towards our wrestlers. He did win 4-2 against a guy at Conference. I cannot comment on his Conference opponent as I was preparing to bury my father that weekend and I was doing the Eulogy. I just say predict, no need to say things like if he wins Regionals, or anything like that. Make your prediction, move on. Yes, I am an Asst. at Crawfordsville that just deals mainly with the upper weights. I am not trusted  or qualified to coach light weight guys. I will not get in a debate of who he has beat or who he hasn't. It comes down to the day at Conseco, and I firmly believe he will be there. He is not from a big school, so he hasn't had the chance to wrestle top ten guys every week. But, he proved he belongs up there. That is all I have to say. Good luck to you if you are a coach and your wrestlers. I also have Nick Borta winning 160, and no I do not coach him either. The kid will make noise when he has to too! Bernard will win Hvyweight with his pure athleticism. Robinson, I believe is probably closest to being untouchable at 220. McCloskey wins 170, yes I am friends with his dad since boyhood, guess that is biased too. 182, I think I have no prediction, looks as if too many people have lost to each other. I like the Petrole kid, I like how he wrestles.

106:  DeMarco

113:  Hargrove

120:  Halferty

126:  Stafford

132:  Barker

138:  Alwine

145:  Gunion

152:  Lawrence

160:  Sexton

170:  Gunion

182:  Hathaway

195:  Davis

220:  Davis

285:  Jacobs

HOLY COW GARRETT GETS THEIR FIRST EVER STATE CHAMPION AND GETS 14 STATE CHAMPIONS!!! HAS THIS EVERY HAPPENED ANYWHERE?  MAYHEM !!!!!!  NO BIAS HERE AS WELL

106:  DeMarco

113:  Hargrove

120:  Halferty

126:  Stafford

132:  Barker

138:  Alwine

145:  Gunion

152:  Lawrence

160:  Sexton

170:  Gunion

182:  Hathaway

195:  Davis

220:  Davis

285:  Jacobs

HOLY COW GARRETT GETS THEIR FIRST EVER STATE CHAMPION AND GETS 14 STATE CHAMPIONS!!! HAS THIS EVERY HAPPENED ANYWHERE?  MAYHEM !!!!!!  NO BIAS HERE AS WELL

Too Funny!

I thought Tolley was a Heavyweight, my mistake there. I haven't seen Miller wrestle, but if you say so. I just thought Robinson was a beast!

Robinson is a beast; probably the best athlete in the state. But Miller and Tolley are nationally ranked as well and Miller only had a 1 point loss to Bernard, bumping up to heavyweight. Should be fun at state.

Robinson is a beast; probably the best athlete in the state. But Miller and Tolley are nationally ranked as well and Miller only had a 1 point loss to Bernard, bumping up to heavyweight. Should be fun at state.

Only losing by a point to Bernard is impressive. I thought Bernard was great as a Sophomore, and a Junior. I haven't seen him wrestle this year so far. I am sure it will be a great tournament as usual. I really like Bernard's work ethic as a heavyweight. But, I will keep a sharp eye out for the Miller kid. Thanks for the heads up.

• 4 weeks later...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.