Notable wins for 1/18

NPSmith

What was up with this SLAM against the kid?  What did he do?  Every time I've seen him wrestle he does not seem showoff

Simply his body language and the way he carries himself.  There is a fine line between cocky and confident, I have personally never been a fan of that type of attitude and arrogance.  Lip sinking to the big head phones with an obnoxious hat on during face offs isn't the way to do it.  He might be dominant there but if you watch others such as Borta or Brown they carry themselves with respect and class, and thats the way it should be done

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HCC

106 Weaver BBurg 4-2OT over Davis from Harrison

106 Miller Jeff 10-2 over Weaver B-Burg

126 Chastain HSE over Mantel Zionsville

132 Crathiers Mc 6-0 over Eldred Westfield

138 Miranda Avon over Eldred

182 Elliot Nob 3-2 over Elmore Avon

Do you have a score of the Chastain vs Mantel match

Simply his body language and the way he carries himself.  There is a fine line between cocky and confident, I have personally never been a fan of that type of attitude and arrogance.  Lip sinking to the big head phones with an obnoxious hat on during face offs isn't the way to do it.  He might be dominant there but if you watch others such as Borta or Brown they carry themselves with respect and class, and thats the way it should be done

I really wish you knew him and you would know he is about as far from cocky and arrogant as it gets. I do know him, have talked to him and know his dad as well. They are a great family and are a proud family as they should be. Austin isn't the only kid in the house with accomplishments and they all work hard for what they accomplish. Therefore, they are proud, yet humble. As the Dingo Brigade stated, "His track record is solid, both as a competitor and a good sport". That's a fact. You stated "Lip sinking to the big head phones with an obnoxious hat on during face offs". I think about 90% of the wrestlers these days have headphones one when they aren't on a mat so come one man. Keeps him focused and eliminates all the outside crap...seems to be working too I might add. As far as the obnoxious hat, lol I guess there is supposed to be no fun in wrestling huh. No way she he be having a great time, living it up...i mean, its only the most defining time in his life and he is at the top of the game. Honestly, sounds like some jealousy to me. Just sayin.

I really wish you knew him and you would know he is about as far from cocky and arrogant as it gets. I do know him, have talked to him and know his dad as well. They are a great family and are a proud family as they should be. Austin isn't the only kid in the house with accomplishments and they all work hard for what they accomplish. Therefore, they are proud, yet humble. As the Dingo Brigade stated, "His track record is solid, both as a competitor and a good sport". That's a fact. You stated "Lip sinking to the big head phones with an obnoxious hat on during face offs". I think about 90% of the wrestlers these days have headphones one when they aren't on a mat so come one man. Keeps him focused and eliminates all the outside crap...seems to be working too I might add. As far as the obnoxious hat, lol I guess there is supposed to be no fun in wrestling huh. No way she he be having a great time, living it up...i mean, its only the most defining time in his life and he is at the top of the game. Honestly, sounds like some jealousy to me. Just sayin.

Well I simply perfer class and respectful behavior over whatever that of his is classified as.  Agree to disagree. Pride comes before the fall

This talk about Austin is pretty funny. Austin just has a blast, win or lose his attitude is always the same. He is having fun, enjoying the sport he loves. He respects all, and disrespects none. Obviously you dont know him, or you would know its just a kid enjoying every moment of the sport he loves. He means no disrespect to anyone, and im sorry if some people look at it like that. I suppose there is always going to be haters. Austin (my son) is one of the most respectful kids you would ever meet. This is the first time i have ever had someone bash him for singing with his headphones on. Before you start bashing a kid, maybe you should make an effort to talk to him, then maybe your opinion would matter. Thanks to the people that are giving positive feed back on Austin, those of you that know him, know he is a great kid, and would give the shirt off his back to someone in need. and to the person that wants to bash a 18 yr old kid on a public forum, your ignorant comments speak for them self.

Daddio

I wonder sometimes if the parents who write comments like this have ever competed in

the sport of wresting before. Most of the great wrestler I know are not the nicest people

while wresting.  I have seen best friends get in fights during practice.  But off the mat they

are polite and humble as can be.  The funny thing is.  Guys that have been there understand and

guys that haven't don't. 

Daddio

I wonder sometimes if the parents who write comments like this have ever competed in

the sport of wresting before. Most of the great wrestler I know are not the nicest people

while wresting.  I have seen best friends get in fights during practice.  But off the mat they

are polite and humble as can be.  The funny thing is.  Guys that have been there understand and

guys that haven't don't. 

Well said

"and to the person that wants to bash a 18 yr old kid on a public forum, your ignorant comments speak for them self."

That's the nail on the head. I think someone had a 170 pounder they thought had a chance for a minute...until Mccloskey came back lol.

Look fellas, no need to get your panties in a bunch.  Im simply saying the vibe given off isn't one I would like to give off myself.  Im taking nothing away from him.  He is a helluva wrestler, one of the best in the state and will prove that for the third year in a row come tournament time. 

Look fellas, no need to get your panties in a bunch.  Im simply saying the vibe given off isn't one I would like to give off myself.  Im taking nothing away from him.  He is a helluva wrestler, one of the best in the state and will prove that for the third year in a row come tournament time.

Talk to the Hand!

tumblr_m3j25lsD2W1qbrivdo1_500.jpg

There's only one who wears panties around here.  And it's not us.

Lip sinking to the big head phones with an obnoxious hat on during face offs isn't the way to do it. 

You definitely just described a majority of the kids that wrestle.  Yes some of them take off the headphones for the face off but why does that matter, he's trying to stay focused and calm. And about the hat thing... are you serious. Curse those kids with their hats and their hippedy hop music!

You definitely just described a majority of the kids that wrestle.  Yes some of them take off the headphones for the face off but why does that matter, he's trying to stay focused and calm. And about the hat thing... are you serious. Curse those kids with their hats and their hippedy hop music!

He actually has some pretty good rythem!! this stuff is to funny!!

• 2 weeks later...

This talk about Austin is pretty funny. Austin just has a blast, win or lose his attitude is always the same. He is having fun, enjoying the sport he loves. He respects all, and disrespects none. Obviously you dont know him, or you would know its just a kid enjoying every moment of the sport he loves. He means no disrespect to anyone, and im sorry if some people look at it like that. I suppose there is always going to be haters. Austin (my son) is one of the most respectful kids you would ever meet. This is the first time i have ever had someone bash him for singing with his headphones on. Before you start bashing a kid, maybe you should make an effort to talk to him, then maybe your opinion would matter. Thanks to the people that are giving positive feed back on Austin, those of you that know him, know he is a great kid, and would give the shirt off his back to someone in need. and to the person that wants to bash a 18 yr old kid on a public forum, your ignorant comments speak for them self.

Mark, forget this dude. He knows nothing of Austin. He is just a forum troll. I hate it when people run their mouths with their keyboard warrior attitudes. Austin is a great kid, how about the time he spends with the younger kids at the MS and Youth level to help them become better. I know when you and I were in school and we were in the finals, it is very hard to talk to someone who has one thing on their mind and that is to win. So what he wears headphones. As long as he is not naked and cussing at his opponent. I don't care what a kid does to get his mind into his match. I have watched Austin wrestle since he was an elementary school kid and not once has he ever been disrespectful to a coach or opponent. He once wrestled a kid and was telling him things he needed to work on. He has a heart of gold if you know him or have ever just walked up to talk to him. He never shrugs anyone off, especially little kids.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.