Notable wins for 1/18

NPSmith

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I totally agree with that.  They got caught in a double leg, they got caught with that single leg, or they got caught in a head lock etc.  It doesn't matter the kid lost and the beginning to end all 6 minutes are part of that wrestling match.  But,  my issue is that ppl that are some form of relation ( friend, family, or teammate) go to an extravagant length to make the point that their kid shouldn't have lost and try to discredit the win of the other kid.  To make it short quit typing about it, train your kid to stop whatever happened and prove that your kid should've won. But also remember all 6 minutes count.

dk-

every match I have ever seen involved the losing wrestler, "getting caught."

Posted by: DKONRATH83

« on: Today at 02:55:13 PM » Insert Quote

I totally agree with that.  They got caught in a double leg, they got caught with that single leg, or they got caught in a head lock etc.  It doesn't matter the kid lost and the beginning to end all 6 minutes are part of that wrestling match.  But,  my issue is that ppl that are some form of relation ( friend, family, or teammate) go to an extravagant length to make the point that their kid shouldn't have lost and try to discredit the win of the other kid.  To make it short quit typing about it, train your kid to stop whatever happened and prove that your kid should've won. But also remember all 6 minutes count.

Sorry for the repost but figured I might confuse some otherwise.

Why are you posting this statement wherever you can?  What do you have to gain here?

The way I understand it. Once you make scratch weight you can move up and down.

You just can't drop more than 1.5 per week on your way to making scratch.

Really, then why have you posted it in 2 separate places?

You can weigh in at any weight then lose as much as he wants. The weigh in will just not count as a qualifying weigh in. So if a wrestle has 6 qualifying weigh ins they are good. Like Mantel could have weight 128.0 and still be allowed to go 20 one day later if need be. Corsaro weighed in over 62 on Wed at Perry. Say he wanted to go to 52 this past Saturday he could have. It just would not have counted as a qualifying h weigh in

You can weigh in at any weight then lose as much as he wants. The weigh in will just not count as a qualifying weigh in. So if a wrestle has 6 qualifying weigh ins they are good. Like Mantel could have weight 128.0 and still be allowed to go 20 one day later if need be. Corsaro weighed in over 62 on Wed at Perry. Say he wanted to go to 52 this past Saturday he could have. It just would not have counted as a qualifying h weigh in

Has Mr. Faulkens confirmed this as the proper interpretation of the established guidance and the winter bulletin posted on the IHSAA web site?  If the intent is keep kids safe from excessive/dangerous weight loss I am not sure how this interpretation aligns with that guidance.

Vinny Wanted to go 52 the super Dual? or the state series?

At Sagamore Conference

113- #16 Welliever by fall

120- #7 Hudkins by pin over a tough NM McCoy

126- Molloy 3-1 OT over #9 Chandler Moore

138- #12 Smith by decision over tough SM Highfield

145- #14 Vancamp by decision (not very impressive, might have been sick idk)

152- #10 Brown by major

160- #3 Borta by pin (not much competition, but dominant regardless)

170- #1 McCloskey by major... pride comes before the fall is all I can say.. very disprespectful/arrogant

182- #15 Morales by d over NM Boone

195- #10 Manns by d (did not look dominant at all, from what I've seen he really wrestles to the level of his competition)

Someone did pull the trigger on Tom thou. He did go crazy with his weight also!! Wrestled 113 at spartan, 120/126 two weeks later?? After the cathedral meet I get PM telling me how Tom will not be allowed to wrestle 120. We think nothing about it till our AD tells Mr Cox had called. Seems someone decided to be judge and jury.

Pretty sad. With Campbell, Phillips, and Todd around Gettinger only won one sectional and one regional(senior year too!). He made it hard on himself trying to decide which wall to try and run thru.  Someone must of wanted to decide for him!!

It worked out in the end, it made me as a coach more aware. We are strick in the room with wrestlers weight, which makes it a non issue any more.

Coatrack must be fishing. No other reason

At Sagamore Conference

113- #16 Welliever by fall

120- #7 Hudkins by pin over a tough NM McCoy

126- Molloy 3-1 OT over #9 Chandler Moore

138- #12 Smith by decision over tough SM Highfield

145- #14 Vancamp by decision (not very impressive, might have been sick idk)

152- #10 Brown by major

160- #3 Borta by pin (not much competition, but dominant regardless)

170- #1 McCloskey by major... pride comes before the fall is all I can say.. very disprespectful/arrogant

182- #15 Morales by d over NM Boone

195- #10 Manns by d (did not look dominant at all, from what I've seen he really wrestles to the level of his competition)

#10 Manns may not have looked dominant because as you said he wrestles to the level of his competition. In this case his competition is no slouch.

What was up with this SLAM against the kid?  What did he do?  Every time I've seen him wrestle he does not seem showoff

At Sagamore Conference

#10 Manns may not have looked dominant because as you said he wrestles to the level of his competition. In this case his competition is no slouch.

Would have to disagree, the Sagamore is NOT very competitive. 195 in particular. Also look around the conference, how do people get tech'd in the finals? Borta might be good, but to destroy the way he did says alot about the noncompetitiveness of that weight class. 

What was up with this SLAM against the kid?  What did he do?  Every time I've seen him wrestle he does not seem showoff

I agree with you base. mccloskey is a great kid and humble, very respectful and i think someone is confused with the difference between being confident and being conceited.

Would have to disagree, the Sagamore is NOT very competitive. 195 in particular. Also look around the conference, how do people get tech'd in the finals? Borta might be good, but to destroy the way he did says alot about the noncompetitiveness of that weight class.

How does a Conference that in your words "is NOT very competitive" manage to send THREE schools to team state? Also, I'm sure that SAC isn't the only conference where a very good wrestler manages to tech someone in the finals. Also, how many kids from this "NOT very competitive" conference manage to advance out of the Regional every year?

A couple of things:

first of all, McCloskey is a good kid. Let us not forget that this is the same young man who could've punched his ticket to State as a freshman when he was illegally slammed by Kieffer. Instead, he forfeited to allow the upperclassman to advance, ending his own season to benefit another good kid who made a big mistake. Also, he conducted himself with class when involved in some brutal matches with Tatom last season, and perhaps most impressively, in his heartbreaking loss to the celebratory McClurg in the finals match. He is a fine young man and I'm not sure what would make anyone assume he is not. His track record is solid, both as a competitor and a good sport.

Also, I cannot recall any season in the past 12 years or so where the state had so much depth and parity. There are very few 'untouchables' this season and there is an impressive list of wrestlers who aren't ranked or ranked fairly low.The field in almost every weight class is deep and unpredictable. There may not be as many nationally ranked, elite kids as some past seasons, but the state's cupboard is packed with tough, dangerous wrestlers. I, for one, cannot wait for the state series--there will be some crazy matches early in the postseason this year.

How does a Conference that in your words "is NOT very competitive" manage to send THREE schools to team state? Also, I'm sure that SAC isn't the only conference where a very good wrestler manages to tech someone in the finals. Also, how many kids from this "NOT very competitive" conference manage to advance out of the Regional every year?

First off, what class are these teams in team state? Oh yeah NOT 3A, dont get me wrong Normonco has a nice little team but Danville is an example of a team piggybacking from LAST years team. Also do you think getting out of regionals means you're really that good?, lots a not so good wrestlers get out of regionals.

i just don't understand how a lopsided match at conference equates to an entire conference being noncompetitive. and saying that manns wrestles down to his competition because he had a match against a guy who may not be ranked but has beaten very quality opponents is a bit ridiculous.

195, 220, and HW are all pretty much the same in that you have a few guys at the top who are clearly better than the rest. does that mean that the kids who aren't #1-3 should just stay home when sectionals start? hell, lets just skip sectionals, regionals, and semi-state for the big guys and have them all meet at Bankers Life.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.