Notable wins for 1/18

NPSmith

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Miller bumped to wrestle Bernard? How did that match go? Would love to have see Wes vs Robinson. Would have thought Gelen would have wanted the challenge. He wouldn't want to face the same fate as Miller tho. I say lets see the two best big men in the state go at it. Gelen to Hwt

Right dude, what would Gelen give up 60lbs?!  Gelen and Bernard are BOTH, great wrestlers, but your statement is basically calling him out.  Come on.  How about some of the other #1 studs in the state bump up 3 weight classes, oh that's right they can't.

Schober got caught with about 40 seconds left in the third while he was up 3-2

Are you serious? Caught really? Schoeber took a shot and van horn threw him to his back.. Don't know how that is getting caught man? Van horn is a super tough frosh for a 45 pounder and he was in deep 4 or 5 times. Great match but don't try to take away a good win from a young man that works his butt off. I just think that's a little ridiculous that you say he got caught. If you don't wanna get "caught" don't shoot with your arms wide open and get tossed to your back. 

Are you serious? Caught really? Schoeber took a shot and van horn threw him to his back.. Don't know how that is getting caught man? Van horn is a super tough frosh for a 45 pounder and he was in deep 4 or 5 times. Great match but don't try to take away a good win from a young man that works his butt off. I just think that's a little ridiculous that you say he got caught. If you don't wanna get "caught" don't shoot with your arms wide open and get tossed to your back.

Don't you know throwers aren't real wrestlers (push the sarcasm button here) they only catch wins!!

Great win for Van Horn.  Kid is very good.  Impressive that a freshman can come in and beat a top 4 wrestler at 145.  I'm sure these two will see each other again.  By saying Schober got "caught" you imply it was a fluke.  We will see next time if it was

Great win for Van Horn.  Kid is very good.  Impressive that a freshman can come in and beat a top 4 wrestler at 145.  I'm sure these two will see each other again.  By saying Schober got "caught" you imply it was a fluke.  We will see next time if it was

Yes it is a very good win. I'm very close with Burk know him extremely well. Very tough kid and he's the real deal

Look I'm on the side of Van Horn here. It's a wrestling match all six minutes count.  People need to stop making excuses for their friends and family.  Sounds like it was a great match and Schober and his family should go over what happened at the end there and correct that mistake.  It is okay to make the point that the match was closer than the score shows but don't try to take away from the other guys ( DESERVED) victory.  Good luck to both guys.

HCC

106 Weaver BBurg 4-2OT over Davis from Harrison

106 Miller Jeff 10-2 over Weaver B-Burg

126 Chastain HSE over Mantel Zionsville

132 Crathiers Mc 6-0 over Eldred Westfield

138 Miranda Avon over Eldred

182 Elliot Nob 3-2 over Elmore Avon

is mantel back up at 26?

Look I'm on the side of Van Horn here. It's a wrestling match all six minutes count.  People need to stop making excuses for their friends and family.  Sounds like it was a great match and Schober and his family should go over what happened at the end there and correct that mistake.  It is okay to make the point that the match was closer than the score shows but don't try to take away from the other guys ( DESERVED) victory.  Good luck to both guys.

dk-

every match I have ever seen involved the losing wrestler, "getting caught."

Zach,

I may be wrong but if Mantel weighed in at 127 the weight management 1.5% a week would not allow him to get down to 122 before sectionals. Which would keep him at 126 (128) for sectionals.

Why are you posting this statement wherever you can?  What do you have to gain here?

The way I understand it. Once you make scratch weight you can move up and down.

You just can't drop more than 1.5 per week on your way to making scratch.

Nothing to gain here. Just saw the post and responded. But you are wrong. It's 1.5% a week regardless of making scratch earlier in year. It happened to Tom Gettinger 2 years ago when he made 113 but two weeks before he wrestled 120 and had to stay at 120.

Nothing to gain here. Just saw the post and responded. But you are wrong. It's 1.5% a week regardless of making scratch earlier in year. It happened to Tom Gettinger 2 years ago when he made 113 but two weeks before he wrestled 120 and had to stay at 120.

He made 120, and wrestled 126.  Then wrestled 126 at sectionals.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.