• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Castle 5-0

Central 4-1

Mount Vernon 3-2

Reitz 2-3

Not sure on the rest.

Konrath manned up and bumped against Ferguson. Ferguson dominated at first up 9-1 in 2 periods. But I'd say 3rd period was all Konrath hitting that SICK fireman's. Although clear size difference, very fun match for the fans!

Schnell looked very solid all day. Gonna pick him of Seng for next week.

Ferguson bumped up to wrestle Willis which was also nice to see!

Willis bumped and did not wrestle Brown though. I believe they were trying to save some team points.

As far as the Mount Vernon forfeiting thing. How are those two young men supposed to get matches? If everyone followed your mentality, those poor kids would only have like 10 actual matches. The 160 pounder wrestled all day long and sat on the bench to watch them get their forfeits. Although they did not have a 170 pounder all day which was where Kemper received his forfeit. Not only do the kids wanna wrestle, fans travel 40 minutes to watch their wrestlers wrestle, not receive forfeits because Mount Vernon thinks it doesn't benefit them enough. Selfish act that they committed both times Central wrestled at Mount Vernon.

Castle 5-0

Central 4-1

Mount Vernon 3-2

Reitz 2-3

Not sure on the rest.

Konrath manned up and bumped against Ferguson. Ferguson dominated at first up 9-1 in 2 periods. But I'd say 3rd period was all Konrath hitting that SICK fireman's. Although clear size difference, very fun match for the fans!

Schnell looked very solid all day. Gonna pick him of Seng for next week.

Ferguson bumped up to wrestle Willis which was also nice to see!

Willis bumped and did not wrestle Brown though. I believe they were trying to save some team points.

As far as the Mount Vernon forfeiting thing. How are those two young men supposed to get matches? If everyone followed your mentality, those poor kids would only have like 10 actual matches. The 160 pounder wrestled all day long and sat on the bench to watch them get their forfeits. Although they did not have a 170 pounder all day which was where Kemper received his forfeit. Not only do the kids wanna wrestle, fans travel 40 minutes to watch their wrestlers wrestle, not receive forfeits because Mount Vernon thinks it doesn't benefit them enough. Selfish act that they committed both times Central wrestled at Mount Vernon.

JV tournaments and meets.

They will get their matches by wrestling everybody else but Kelley.  The kid would have got 4 matches today and 7 at the Turkey Classic after forfeiting to Kelley so he's already at 11 matches in 2 tournaments.  And I don't speak for the MV coaches but I doubt they care how far the fans traveled to watch their kids wrestle and whip up on some young pup.  I'm sure their only concern is what is in the best interest of their team and wrestlers. 

The best interest of the wrestlers is to have them do what they signed up for. Kelley might be ranked number 1 in the state. But if you are a competitor then you live for those moments. It makes you a coward to forfeit to the good kids. It's time to grow up Peter Pan. If you aren't the best then take your beating and use it at motivation to be the best

What makes wrestling so great is you always have a chance to win unlike other sports where you have a full game to play, wrestling can be won any time w/ one play, as coaches the message to our wrestlers shouldn't be "this kid is better than you so don't go wrestle him you don't have a chance" there is always a chance. Good for the central coaches to put there kid in to wrestle Konrath.

What makes wrestling so great is you always have a chance to win unlike other sports where you have a full game to play, wrestling can be won any time w/ one play, as coaches the message to our wrestlers shouldn't be "this kid is better than you so don't go wrestle him you don't have a chance" there is always a chance. Good for the central coaches to put there kid in to wrestle Konrath.

But then Central sits Smith against Castle.  I know it's not because he is outmatched but why didn't he wrestle?  Just curious.  I guess he is healthy if he wrestled the rest of the day

I don't know what to say but wow!  I am shocked that anyone would even think this contest anything less than great.  A very small 106 bumps up to 113 against arguably the best kid in the state at that class gets down 9-1 and in the second and is searching for the tying turn at the final buzzer ending the match 9-6 Ferguson over Konrath.  First of all I don't know if I've ever seen a kid so willing to put himself in an uphill battle in my life.  I mean Ferguson towered over him, and this match tarnished his perfect record. But to him it's like who cares about a record as he come off the mat all smiles as he puts one of the best wrestlers, a weight class up from him on his back.  Secondly, DKONRATH83, I think anything that you say is just feeding the monkeys.  Your brother knows he did well and the fans from both teams know he went into a David and Goliath match and almost got him a pin.  So weather you feel like some are down playing it or not, anyone who wants to be real about it knows, it was a great feat your brother challenged himself with a did well in that. Congrats to Konrath and Ferguson on a great match up.

The whole Ferg/Konrath thing seems to be getting a ton of unnecessary remarks. Unfortunately I was not there but a good friend texted me that the Ferg vs Konrath match was great but the size difference was major. Apparently Konrath gave Ferg the best competition he has seen of the season but Ferg was never in serious trouble for the first 2 periods. In the 3rd with about 30 seconds left they got stood back up over a potentially dangerous position.  Konrath then hit a great fireman's right off the whistle to score 4 making it a 9-5 final. Konrath is perhaps the greatest warrior pound for pound than any other kid in Indiana and almost pulled off a great comeback. Both kids showed more class than everyone on this blog from what I understand. For anyone to tarnish what those two did on the mat with words on here is disgusting. As far as Willis from Central I also heard Reitz caught them by surprise giving the forfeit at 113 and bumping Ferg to 120. Ferg pins Willis in first minute. 

The whole Ferg/Konrath thing seems to be getting a ton of unnecessary remarks. Unfortunately I was not there but a good friend texted me that the Ferg vs Konrath match was great but the size difference was major. Apparently Konrath gave Ferg the best competition he has seen of the season but Ferg was never in serious trouble for the first 2 periods. In the 3rd with about 30 seconds left they got stood back up over a potentially dangerous position.  Konrath then hit a great fireman's right off the whistle to score 4 making it a 9-5 final. Konrath is perhaps the greatest warrior pound for pound than any other kid in Indiana and almost pulled off a great comeback. Both kids showed more class than everyone on this blog from what I understand. For anyone to tarnish what those two did on the mat with words on here is disgusting. As far as Willis from Central I also heard Reitz caught them by surprise giving the forfeit at 113 and bumping Ferg to 120. Ferg pins Willis in first minute.

True on most of this, but I was there.  It was not a shot off the whistle, there was a 1:25 still on the clock, and though he was not in any real danger in the first and second period, he was in serious danger in the third.  Not only did pure strength save him from being pinned.  He received two stalling calls in the time remaining cause Konrath was all over him trying to turn him again to tie the score.  It is comments like these from people who obviously were not there that are antagonizing his family to comment.  Ferguson did great in the first two periods ( skill and size) combined kept Konrath at bay.  But make no mistake when Konrath got on him he was all over him and Ferguson was in bad trouble.

Does anyone have the Konrath Fergie match or at least the 3rd period so we can see and add our opinions instead of just relying on hearsay. I believe in being fair and not going by others opinions. Both kids are incredible wrestlers and would love to see the match so please post it

They can't hurt the fragile egos of their wrestlers.  Konrath is the only guy on the team with some cajones.

Don't you think it was the coach's decision to bump him to 113?

Also, Central had the opportunity to bump Kemper to face Rickenbaugh (HH) at Turkey Classic...does that mean you have no cajones Coach Williams?

I don't hear anyone bashing Central for not moving him up.

Don't you think it was the coach's decision to bump him to 113?

Also, Central had the opportunity to bump Kemper to face Rickenbaugh (HH) at Turkey Classic...does that mean you have no cajones Coach Williams?

I don't hear anyone bashing Central for not moving him up.

There is a difference between not bumping up and not showing up.  Apples to oranges amigo.

The idea behind Willis bent bumped up was to try and win as a team. Atleast Willis still wrestled. If will is wrestles and gets beat at 120, then forfeit 126, Central is down z9. Instead, Central bumped to 126 and beat their guy. So central was down 3 instead.

Mount Vernon BENCHED a guy, not BUMPED a guy to still wrestle. That's the difference.

The best interest of the wrestlers is to have them do what they signed up for. Kelley might be ranked number 1 in the state. But if you are a competitor then you live for those moments. It makes you a coward to forfeit to the good kids. It's time to grow up Peter Pan. If you aren't the best then take your beating and use it at motivation to be the best

1.) These kids didn't sign up for anything, this isn't the military.  They can walk away whenever they choose.  2.)There is no might about it, Kelley IS ranked #1 in the state and has the resume to back it up.  3.)As for living for those moments, the only thing I could think of while reading that was Eminems Lose Yourself song.  4.)If forfeiting to the #1 kid in the state makes you a coward, I am sure there are plenty more out there.  5.)Did you ever watch the movie Hook with Robin Williams?  Peter Pan grows up.

The idea behind Willis bent bumped up was to try and win as a team. Atleast Willis still wrestled. If will is wrestles and gets beat at 120, then forfeit 126, Central is down z9. Instead, Central bumped to 126 and beat their guy. So central was down 3 instead.

Mount Vernon BENCHED a guy, not BUMPED a guy to still wrestle. That's the difference.

I see they have a few new faces on the team that they didn't have when they were at the Turkey Classic.  I'm sure that makes it alot easier on a coach to make moves within their lineup.  I bet there are quite a few coaches that would love to have a couple pills like that to pop into their lineup this late in the season. 

I wasn't going to post because I don't have a dog in this fight, but first off I personally don't disagree with either side here, but I can see both teams arguments...if you have a wrestler in that weight yes he should wrestle, BUT I do believe Mt.Vernon's 152 and 160 are both either first or second year kids, and it doesn't look like they have anybody behind them, so they are Varsity by default, I do think they have Hoehn around there somewhere, but I haven't seen his name anywhere this year, assuming he is injured. If Mt.Vernon had anyone else there, those two kids probably wouldn't be Varsity, so Mt.Vernon is really sending two kids out each match that honestly should be a JV kid on most teams. I find it hard to believe that guys like Kelley and Kemper who are highly state ranked are going to benefit from wrestling a JV caliber kid. I don't see why Central's coaches would get on here bashing Mt.Vernon for not wrestling there two "studs" saying they have no cajones? I personally don't think Kelley or Kemper whipping up on some first year kid from Mt.Vernon is going to benefit them. I could be wrong though, I usually am.

Good Luck to all wrestlers this weekend at the SIAC, Big 8, and PAC.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.