Big 8 Conference

Haven't seen any talk of this Conference...looking at results, it looks like a 2 team race between Jasper and Mt.Vernon. Other teams seem to have a few individuals that could win a title, but not enough to win a team championship. I've noticed a few big names haven't been in the lineup for Jasper...Schitter? Brescher? Valenciano? Any predictions???

106 Konrath

113 Koerner

120 Brock

126 Hemmings

132 Schitter if he wrestles, if not then Suar

138 Allen

145 Brescher if he wrestles, if not then Osha

152 Taylor

160 Kersteins

170 Kreilein

182 Songer

195 Newton

220 Wise

285 Stallings

Haven't seen any talk of this Conference...looking at results, it looks like a 2 team race between Jasper and Mt.Vernon. Other teams seem to have a few individuals that could win a title, but not enough to win a team championship. I've noticed a few big names haven't been in the lineup for Jasper...Schitter? Brescher? Valenciano? Any predictions???

106 Konrath

113 Koerner

120 Brock

126 Hemmings

132 Schitter if he wrestles, if not then Suar

138 Allen

145 Brescher if he wrestles, if not then Osha

152 Taylor

160 Kersteins

170 Kreilein

182 Songer

195 Newton

220 Wise

285 Stallings

I've heard Koerner is wrestling anywhere from 113 to 126...if he is at 113 or 120 I think he has a shot to win both weights. 

What is the injury report on Schitter?

Valenciano is 195/220

Koerner wrestled at 126 earlier in the season, so I would find it surprising if he really is down at 113. He won it last year at 113 so I would think as well wherever he goes he is capable of winning.

I'm not sure what is wrong with Schitter or Brescher? I just haven't seen them in any results lately? And I haven't seen Valenciano's name at all this year?

Yes, Karges will be the favorite at 145, I simply just forgot about him.

I don't think this Conference Tournament is until next weekend so they probably haven't had the seed meeting yet.

I guess the question is still in doubt if Schitter and Brescher are back in Jasper's lineup...so far we've gotten that Brescher wrestled against TC on Jan 9th, but didn't wrestle Princeton the other night?

145 could be loaded with Brescher, Karges, Osha, and Whoberry. All 4 are Semi-State caliber wrestlers or above.

I don't think this Conference Tournament is until next weekend so they probably haven't had the seed meeting yet.

I guess the question is still in doubt if Schitter and Brescher are back in Jasper's lineup...so far we've gotten that Brescher wrestled against TC on Jan 9th, but didn't wrestle Princeton the other night?

145 could be loaded with Brescher, Karges, Osha, and Whoberry. All 4 are Semi-State caliber wrestlers or above.

Thanks I thought it was this weekend. 

Do you think one of thoise 4 will bump up to 152? 

Hard to tell if one will bump up or go down? They obvious choice is yes one should because that could be a tough day a week before the Sectional, but they could also benefit from a tough match or two to prepare them for the State tournament.

Keller will give Brock everything he wants and then some, but I believe Brock beat him last year, and I don't think Keller has a big win this year to make me pick him over Brock.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.