Wayne County Classic 1/10 1/11

bigmak

anyone know how this will be played out? I am hearing different things are happening this year. Friday used to be at Richmond and called wayne county duals, saturday was at centerville and called bulldog duals or centerville invitational. Im hearing that both days are now being held at Richmond and there may be a mix of original teams and new teams. Anybody know?

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought county tourney was at Cville. Then the Richmond Invite or Charlie Hilton Invite whichever it's called was the next day at Richmond.  So it's changed?

Im hearing its changed. but what you said is what it was last year. not exactly sure but I know centerville isnt even hosting and both days centerville is at Richmond.

so last year, the teams that were at richmond for the charlie hilton classic were:

Richmond, east central, northeastern, lincoln, broad ripple, hagerstown, anderson, monroe central

teams going to wrestle centerville on saturday I believe are:

northeastern, union city, hagerstown, winchester, lincoln

That would lead me to believe that centerville will wrestle the 5 teams friday that they are not wrestling on saturday...

anyone know?

Is their open slots?

i dont have a clue how its being ran...its all different this year and seems nobody knows. since its all being done at richmond this year, you might contact:

(rrdwrestling)

jeremy bane - 765-914-2646

Richmond Red Devils

jbane@rcs.k12.in.us  or richmondreddevil@hotmail.com

Big Mak..so can you clarify if there is a county tourney at all?  Or just a big invite at Richmond on Saturday.

i cant clarify anything...i know on paper that centerville is calling friday "county duals" and saturday "bulldog duals" while richmond is calling both days the "charlie hilton invitational" and the last I heard, both days for all of it will be done at RHS.

Would be nice to get some more teams in

from my count, there is about 15 right now...sounds like a great 2 days of wrestling, i just wish I knew more about the format.

1 union city

2 winchester

3 Richmond

4 east central

5 northeastern

6 lincoln

7 broad ripple

8 hagerstown

9 anderson

10 monroe central

11 franklin county

12 franklin central

13 Centerville

14 indianapolis washington ?

15 anderson prep ?

Last I heard Saturday was Franklin County, Franklin Central, Centerville, Union City, Indy Washington and possibly Richmond. I am trying to get more detail. I have a text out to Franklin County head coach for clarification on teams and venue. If I get some solid info, i will post it.

from my count, there is about 15 right now...sounds like a great 2 days of wrestling, i just wish I knew more about the format.

1 union city

2 winchester

3 Richmond

4 east central

5 northeastern

6 lincoln

7 broad ripple

8 hagerstown

9 anderson

10 monroe central

11 franklin county

12 franklin central

13 Centerville

14 indianapolis washington ?

15 anderson prep ?

I think EC is going to New Pal.  The schedule on our website is wrong, because it says South Dearborn Invitational (Knight's Classic), but I think that that is on 1/18 (according to Union Couty's website).  I am a little out of touch this year.  It doesn't help that South Dearborn's website still has the 2013-13 schedule.  LOL

I think EC is going to New Pal.  The schedule on our website is wrong, because it says South Dearborn Invitational (Knight's Classic), but I think that that is on 1/18 (according to Union Couty's website).  I am a little out of touch this year.  It doesn't help that South Dearborn's website still has the 2013-13 schedule.  LOL

ok, cause I just looked at who was invited last year to the charlie hilton invitational and saw that east central was there. Now I wonder who they were replaced with...ugh, i hate not knowing

The only thing I can find out so far is that the County tourney is at Richmond. Jesus Jimenez of the Pal Item told me they are working on details for a story in the next day or so. With practices being cancelled, I've not been able to get any further info.

Is anyone going to make weight w these crazy schedules and missed practices lol?  Sounds like we all just have to show up to find out what's going on.

hahaha thats exactly my plan lol.

shouldnt they get a 4lb allowance?

So what is going on?

i can confirm that both days are at Richmond. friday begins at 6pm, saturday at 9am. dont know what teams will be there. I heard on friday that the county tournament matches will be held in the auxiliary gym at RHS which has basically no sitting area and is cramped and not enough room for everyone so not sure how I feel about that...at least at centerville, the small gym still has plenty of seating. not sure if everything is supposed to be a huge secret or if just nobody in charge actually knows what is going on either lol

Monroe Central will be there both Friday night and Saturday morning.  Our wrestlers were told that they had to weigh in both days, for some reason.  Saturday morning they get an extra pound...are you saying that there are two different tournaments going on there at the same time?

Monroe Central will be there both Friday night and Saturday morning.  Our wrestlers were told that they had to weigh in both days, for some reason.  Saturday morning they get an extra pound...are you saying that there are two different tournaments going on there at the same time?

Actually 3. Both days for Richmond is called the Charlie Hilton invitational. Friday for a group of teams is the Wayne county duals and Saturday for another group is called the bulldog duals. I'm still confused on things myself tho.

Here's the article from the Pal-Item this morning. There are several schools on here that are still closed due to the weather. are they still allowed to compete? http://m.pal-item.com/hssports/article?a=2014301090023&f=1100

im sure they are allowed as schools have in the past but the question is weight allowance. i was thinking if one team doesnt have school and not practice then they are given additional allowance for weight which then goes across the board, but i dont know...thats always been confusing to me as I hear it different all the time. I know union county is coming tomorrow to richmond and they arent listed in the paper, not sure if there are others that same way...as I type this, was just informed by a UC wrestler that they may also be competing today at richmond as well

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.