Bobby Steveson beats #1 ranked wrestler

Only make Indiana wrestling look better!!

We have lost a few top guys to out of state programs in Kentucky, Ohio, and Minnesota to my knowledge the last few years. 

What top guys from out of state have came in and competed at the top?

I remember in 2002-3 ish I think bl south had a kid from Washington state come in and wrestle for them. I want to say he beat Blake Maurer at team regionals in Vincennes Indiana.

There were a set of brothers around the same time who both placed at state from a team up north who transferred in.

Only make Indiana wrestling look better!!

We have lost a few top guys to out of state programs in Kentucky, Ohio, and Minnesota to my knowledge the last few years. 

What top guys from out of state have came in and competed at the top?

I remember in 2002-3 ish I think bl south had a kid from Washington state come in and wrestle for them. I want to say he beat Blake Maurer at team regionals in Vincennes Indiana.

There were a set of brothers around the same time who both placed at state from a team up north who transferred in.

That was Coyte Cooper's brother, Matt. Coyte was at IU at the time.

My memory is he beat Maurer the first week in December.  At team regional Maurer avenged the loss.

Great match. While Sebastian was the clearly the aggressive one, it's tough to

Call stalling on Stevenson when he really never backed up and was always

in Sebastian's face, knowing he could always stop his shots. 

My memory is he beat Maurer the first week in December.  At team regional Maurer avenged the loss.

hmmm.....you may be correct...  I thought Maurer got beat at team regionals and Maurer either A. never avenged it because Cooper went to another weight class or B. he avenged it in the tournament.  I think it was A. 

I just remember thinking "oh s**t, I just seen Blake Maurer lose!"

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.