Class of schools

jchas

Being from Southern Indiana I have to laugh at the implication that EMD "gets" all the best wrestlers from the area.  They typically always have the best wrestlers because of their program and the parents, grandparents, etc. that grew up through it and their kids and grandkids are now going through the program. 

I give huge kudos to EMD for voluntarily bumping up to the largest class to compete at state.  I'd like to see the Indy football powerhouses of Cathedral or Chatard do the same in football if they weren't forced to play up a class due to the success factor.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Being from Southern Indiana I have to laugh at the implication that EMD "gets" all the best wrestlers from the area.  They typically always have the best wrestlers because of their program and the parents, grandparents, etc. that grew up through it and their kids and grandkids are now going through the program. 

I give huge kudos to EMD for voluntarily bumping up to the largest class to compete at state.  I'd like to see the Indy football powerhouses of Cathedral or Chatard do the same in football if they weren't forced to play up a class due to the success factor.

Where is the "Like" button?  LOL

A bit off topic, but I happened to sit for a while in the Mater Dei section at the tournament on Saturday, and I was very impressed that there were a huge number of knowledgeable fans, parents, grandparents, and relatives.  Although 8 teams were competing, it looked like about a third of the people were there for MD.  I suspect that kind of support from family and community is a factor in the school's wrestling success.

I haven't been on here for a while but here is my 2cents  - I have been at Castle for 30 years and if you look at my scorebooks from 1984-85 until now you would see the same last names as 30 years ago

To say Mater Dei recruits is crazy - I told everyone if we went to a team state tournament back in 1996 they would 10 out of 10- I was off by 1

To say they recruit is wrong- just a great program that we continue to try and  get as good as- they are our measuring stick down here

Don't be jealous - just keep working to be the best you can

Funny thing is you never here a team from down here play the recruiting card

We just keep working to get to indy

I have lost more kids than I have gained. Most parents cant afford the tuition. I have helped coach many wrestlers and then they choose to go to a public school or a different parochial school. With the open enrollment, parochial schools are really at a disadvantage.

I have lost more kids than I have gained. Most parents cant afford the tuition. I have helped coach many wrestlers and then they choose to go to a public school or a different parochial school. With the open enrollment, parochial schools are really at a disadvantage.

Mr. Ellis

Yes you are 100% correct.  In the areas that most of your schools are in. The CYO (I use CYO because they are the programs I know) programs are the best and many times the only around.  You guy do wonderful things for the kids in your area.  If it is a trade off between moving your schools up

in class or keeping the programs you run, I would keep the programs any day of the week. 

I really had no idea what I was getting into when I started this post.  I will count this one up to lesion learned.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.