NICK LEE...

Nutterbutter

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Would have loved to see a Lee vs Wilson match yesterday  :(

Wilson's great and he's a great wrestler, and he's very very hard to take down. And he also goes after it too. I am going out on a limb on this one b/c it's a toss up... But I think Wilson would beat Micic too. Lee I think would beat Wilson though by about 3 or 4. But Wilson is at 32 come sectional time. He weighed in at 26 for dual purposes, but he's at 32.

LMAO that's funny nuttybutter....Wilson is good i'll give you that...but he will not beat Micic or Lee....I say Nick Lee will have an identical career as Andrew Howe had, lose 1 time as a freshman to a 3 timer then dominate the next 3 yrs, and he will be the most recruited senior in the country when his high school career is over...I just hope he doesn't  choose Iowa lol

Nick Lee = BEAST

I've known Stevan for many, many years. The best kid on/off the mat you'll ever know and he's a fellow RWA kid that has rolled with my son since they were little tykes. Stevan will bring it 110% and this is going to be a battle for sure. I can't say I didn't see this coming...very exciting stuff!!  :) :)

I will take Stephen lee beat davis by major stephen has teched him a couple times and wrestle eachother ALOT if you wrestle someone alot you think you are going to continue to tech them? especially when he is a good wrestler that can adapt to who he is wrestling. next time davis wrestles lee it will be ALOT closer may even switch victories never know until the time comes. but i will tell you there is no forsure lock at any weight until there is a crowned champion kids gotta keep working to become the best. OH yeah Stephen isnt going ot run from anyone who has had a high scoring match with someone that is just STUPID hahha

I will take Stephen lee beat davis by major stephen has teched him a couple times and wrestle eachother ALOT if you wrestle someone alot you think you are going to continue to tech them? especially when he is a good wrestler that can adapt to who he is wrestling. next time davis wrestles lee it will be ALOT closer may even switch victories never know until the time comes. but i will tell you there is no forsure lock at any weight until there is a crowned champion kids gotta keep working to become the best. OH yeah Stephen isnt going ot run from anyone who has had a high scoring match with someone that is just STUPID hahha

I may be alone with this opinion, but I actually don't think Davis will wrestle Lee better if they meet again. I think just the opposite will happen.

1) Micic - I think Lee is very capable of beating him, but Micic is king until and if that happens!

2) Lee- May be the best of these 3 now, but must beat the king before being crowned!

3) Wilson - Great athlete great wrestler, but not on the level of the above mentioned, and just to early in his short career to compete with these boy! Focus on 132lbs if you want back on that podium as a champ or even runner up....

JMO

1) Micic - I think Lee is very capable of beating him, but Micic is king until and if that happens!

2) Lee- May be the best of these 3 now, but must beat the king before being crowned!

3) Wilson - Great athlete great wrestler, but not on the level of the above mentioned, and just to early in his short career to compete with these boy! Focus on 132lbs if you want back on that podium as a champ or even runner up....

JMO

JMO too... I 2nd that

JMO

I agree as for as rankings go you have to keep Micic at #1 until he loses, but in my opinion Lee wins if the majority of the match is on their feet. That is just my humble opinion.

Isn't Micic ranked # 1 in the nation in a number of polls ? Just don't see it happening but I remember big t-shirts was a frosh no one thought he would be a 4x er.

From a quick search:

InterMat: Micic #1  Lee Not Ranked

Amateur Wrestling News: Micic #3  Lee #20

FloWrestling: Micic #2  Lee #20

Wrestling USA Magazine:  Micic #1 out of all Senior at 120 (put out at start of the season) 

But, as I said earlier Lee's lack of top national competition since entering high school has limited his ability to move up the rankings.  So around 20th in the nation seems like a logical choice based somewhat on rankers respecting his ability without too many big results yet to back it up.

I can see two scenarios going down between them. One-Micic beats him but its close so Lee moves up a little in National ranks. And two-Lee beats Micic and Micic and Lee both fall out of the rankings. Number two would happen because most writers will think maybe they over ranked Micic if a freshman beats him. I know of all of Lees resume and I'M not saying he isn't deserving of being highly ranked. Matter of fact I think he should be in the top 10 in the nation. I'm just saying that there are a ton of other wrestlers that have done 3-4 years of high school and have similar resumes as Lee and a sports writer from another area would be more inclined to drop Micic.

If I were Lee I would just focus on the mat and let the rest shake itself out. No one in Indiana has a doubt that Micic and Lee are a step above, maybe more than everyone else. I'm just looking forward to the match up should it happen, sbould be a barn burner.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.