182 - Hollins p. Sell (3:13); MER 21 CP 13

195 - Kral p. Higareda (1:12); MER 21 CP 19

220 - Potosky p. Mallon (1:00); CP 25 MER 21

285 - Streck p. ? (:52); MER 27 CP 25

106 - DeLaPena d. Moran (8-2); MER 30 CP 25

113 - Garza p. Torres (3:??); MER 36 CP 25

120 - Schurg, Day d. Johnson, J. (6-0); MER 36 CP 28

126 - Johnson, C. d. Akers (11-6); MER 39 CP 28

Bidfarewell:    Fuqua was leading 3 to 1 when he injury defaulted. 

I'm not sure he was injured, although he kept holding

his groin area.  I just think he just isn't in shape yet

after surgery had delayed the start of his season til

last Saturday.  CP hadn't practiced all week because

of the school being closed.  It wouldn't have made any

difference in the final score of the meet, but Fuqua might

have been in better shape to go the full 6 minutes.  I thought

Denton Schurg gave Rentas a good match losing 14 to 8 with 3

the points coming from locked hands.  He also had Rentas on his

back right after the start of the match but Rentas's shoulders

were just off the edge of the mat.  I had expected to lose 6 points

on that match.  Denton is exciting to watch and I will miss watching

him next year.

him next year.

I don't remember any takedowns happening at all . I may be mistakened tho but I'm pretty sure it was shots and upper body attempts the whole time. Altogether would have been a great match but unfortunate that it was injury defaulted . Good luck to both the rest of the season and is terrible to see a senior injured after a good career

At best without the injury to Fuqua, CP still seemingly loses by 2.  It may have come down to 126 with CP up a point.  These 2 teams are solidly top 5-8 when healthy--both capable of hanging close with anyone--in my opinion.

him next year.

DuneFan, I'm not sure what match you were watching, but the breakdown is : First period - No takedowns score 0-0

Second period Covaciu takes down position escapes score 1-0

Fuqua injury defaults

I thought

the points coming from locked hands. 

How do you give up 3 points on locked hands? The first 2 locked hands would be a point each, while the third one would be 2 pts  ;D ??? ::)

How do you give up 3 points on locked hands? The first 2 locked hands would be a point each, while the third one would be 2 pts  ;D ??? ::)

The last one happened in the last part of the 3rd. The ref originally gave him 1 point then after the buzzer went off he checked with the table to confirm it was his 3rd violation and changed it to a 2 point violation.

Think he only locked twice, but gave up three points.

1st Locking hands, 1pt

Warning stalling

Stalling, 1pt

2nd locking hands, 2pt

I could be wrong with the order but i know one of them was a penalty point for stalling.

You are correct. The stalling point was given for not attempting to return to the mat.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.