Bloomington South Regional FINAL PREVIEW FEB 3rd, 2014

navy80

Ray of Bloomington North did hurt his knee. He will be unable to compete in the sectionals on Saturday. As a returning semi-state qualifier he def was looking to make another run at it in a very tough 138 class. The good news is Ray is only a junior so he will be back for his senior year and is upbeat about next season.

What was the thought process of not entering Ray, who would have been seeded, and decide to enter him the morning of?  This kept Ray unseeded with, I believe, the idea to knock off top seeded Dull.  Dull ended up pinning him so it didn't matter in the quarterfinals.  After Terre Haute South's Newton got upset the elimination match was Ray vs Newton.  If Ray was seeded, they may have met up but it would have been in the placement rounds.  Any thoughts?

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wrestlers

Stay focused on what you do well!

When the whistle blows all bets are off.

Don't allow the critic or predictors effect your confidence or ability to compete.

Be the wrestler on Saturday that makes these guys scratch their head and wonder why they thought you wouldn't win!

What was the thought process of not entering Ray, who would have been seeded, and decide to enter him the morning of?  This kept Ray unseeded with, I believe, the idea to knock off top seeded Dull.  Dull ended up pinning him so it didn't matter in the quarterfinals.  After Terre Haute South's Newton got upset the elimination match was Ray vs Newton.  If Ray was seeded, they may have met up but it would have been in the placement rounds.  Any thoughts?

I don't know the thought process. Much of what I heard about Ray participating or not was earlier in the week when the brackets came out. I never got anymore info after that.

Wrestlers

Stay focused on what you do well!

When the whistle blows all bets are off.

Don't allow the critic or predictors effect your confidence or ability to compete.

Be the wrestler on Saturday that makes these guys scratch their head and wonder why they thought you wouldn't win!

Very well said!

Ray injured the knee at Columbus East Thursday - seed meeting Monday - cleared to wrestle Thursday before sectional.  If you saw no pain last Saturday it was because all he was showing was heart.  I hope after some rehab and a summer of training his senior year ends in Bankers Life.

Northview Sectional: 12 Champs

Southridge Sectional: 2 Champs

Big matches:

1st Place Match

Guss Dajani (Bloomington South) 37-3, Sr. over Ethan Schwoeppe (Southridge) 46-1, Sr. (Dec 2-1). AT 285

1st Place Match

Damien Chambers (Edgewood) 36-1, Sr. over Andy Fischer (Southridge) 46-1, Sr. (Fall 5:43). AT 182

1st Place Match

Phoenix Adams (Terre Haute South) 37-1, Sr. over Ruger Kerstiens (Jasper) 32-5, Sr. (Dec 4-3). AT 152

What was the score or competitiveness of the Chambers/Fischer match at the time of the fall?

I think it was like 6-0. I am biased to the Edgewood boys, but Chambers is wrestling better than I have ever seen him and I believe he has a great shot at standing above the "1" on the stand at state. He has won some big matches against great opponents. We won't discuss his one loss the first match of the season. He looks amazing right now. Could be Edgewood's first state champ since 1978.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.