Let's make matches 5 minutes

IntegratedCarp

how bout no time first one to 15 wins if you dont score atleast 1 point in a two minute span match is over right where score is with a one point penalty hell put some volleyball  to it, got to win by 2. If your insistent n changing something hell change it. I,m not stalling if i have to outrun him to 15 points. got to work on bottom to  scre my point within two minutes.

If you want to improve Indiana wrestling overnight, have a pre-season referees meeting and have them get aggressive on stalling calls. 

Anyone who has wrestled at Disney will tell you this is what happens.  It immediately impacts matches.

Indiana will be much better as a result.

Perhaps you should visit the northern part of the state if you like stalling calls. Seems to be called frequently.  The college boundary rule would be great, but what do you do when you have a school with a mat that just isn't big enough to allow wrestling on the the line without having kids on the gym floor. The majority of the schools have mats that are big enough but you're going to have plenty who don't and can't afford new mats.

Perhaps you should visit the northern part of the state if you like stalling calls. Seems to be called frequently.  The college boundary rule would be great, but what do you do when you have a school with a mat that just isn't big enough to allow wrestling on the the line without having kids on the gym floor. The majority of the schools have mats that are big enough but you're going to have plenty who don't and can't afford new mats.

I agree the mats are the biggest limitation to college boundaries. 

Most of the wrestling I've watched is in the northern part of state, and I havent seen it called much with the exception of a few refs.  Most of the time, I see called is the double stall call with the refs afraid to ding just one guy.

how bout no time first one to 15 wins if you dont score atleast 1 point in a two minute span match is over right where score is with a one point penalty hell put some volleyball  to it, got to win by 2. If your insistent n changing something hell change it. I,m not stalling if i have to outrun him to 15 points. got to work on bottom to  scre my point within two minutes.

:);) THE REST IS JUST A FUTILE ATEEMPT TO PASSIFY YOURS SELVES  BE BRAVE NO CLOCK. WRESTLE FAST BOYS 

Most of the wrestling I've watched is in the northern part of state, and I havent seen it called much with the exception of a few refs.  Most of the time, I see called is the double stall call with the refs afraid to ding just one guy.

That double stall call is such a cop out. I see it usually when neither guy is deserving of earning a stall call and official is kind of hoping the double call will create action. I like when instead of a double call , they hit one guy wait a sec to see if there is a response then hit the other. You are correct though, there are guys who call it nicely then there are some who are unable to make a fist lol. Its so subjective but needs to somehow be more uniform. Cant' just put it on officials though, there are plenty of coaches who teach ways to avoid wrestling . Nothing more fun than to watch two kids just get after it with plenty of scrambles.

Biggest excuse everyone say's mat's aren't big enough..... If you watch enough college wrestling tournaments you will find out that there are some real crowded gym's bottom line the ref blows the whistle when a body part touches the gym floor it happens all the time.

Its just my perception, but do you agree that stalling is so rarely called?

I agree. Stalling isn't called enough, especially in the Indianapolis area. If they call it, it is normally too late in the third period to really matter. As far as I am concerned, call it early and call it often. Heck, I've even told a ref to hit one of my kids with stalling because he just wasn't doing anything.

We went up north to wrestle at the Al Smith and the guys up there were much better about making kids wrestle. I didn't agree with all the calls (who ever does?), but they seemed much more willing to hit a kid with stalling if they weren't looking to score.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.