Yearly Shaking Hands Issue

aoberlin

"It has taught us to be a man or woman (its 2013 almost 2014 girls wrestle now) of honor and dignity."  -- from Wildcatpatriot

Only those with "honor and dignity" sign their true name to their opinions (whatever they may be); otherwise, they are meaningless words from a coward behind a computer screen who is afraid to have others critique and evaluate their comments' value and worth.  Unclaimed words are merely that... "words" on a paper or screen with no perspective or meaning.  If you feel strongly enough to write it, then sign your name to it; otherwise, sit back down in the shadows with those other poor souls who are afraid and embarrassed to claim their very own words.

Coach McCormick

It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat. ---  Theodore Roosevelt

I missed where your name was? and unclaimed or not it't still an argument. I guess you had to find a different argument to point out to win. I choose not to have my name out here for personal reasons. Just because someone points out something they believe is wrong and doesn't have his name up doesn't mean he's a coward. There are numerous accounts on here without a name to them and you point out mine? why because i chose to disagree with you? well at least i know what kind of coach you are.

This thread was about shaking hands and you have brought it to another level sir. I hope that you feel big behind your keyboard as well because you are doing the exact same thing except supposedly your name is out there even though it is just a last name. How are we to know it isn't a fake? Because we take your word? This is the internet here everyone uses fake names Dr. Sues used one were his words meaningless? Grow up peter pan and argue about the point at stake and don't pull something so trivial out of my text to point out as wrong.

COACH HARDER

Coach Harder,

Thank you for putting your name to your words.  We certainly don't have to agree on this topic, but at least the readers can see who stands where on the matter.  Lord knows, in my 26 years as the head coach at Yorktown HS, I have not agreed with everyone on all matters.  I suspect our world would be fairly boring if everyone agreed with each other all of the time.  Again, thank you for giving me clarity on the topic, and I look forward to meeting you in person sometime. 

Coach Trent McCormick

tmccormick@yorktown.k12.in.us

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.