East Noble Sportsmanship

Boomer24141

I just wanted to take a moment and acknowledge a great moment of sportsmanship that I witnessed last night.  I officiated the Homestead/East Noble dual at Homestead high school.  Before the varsity matches took place, East Noble's wrestlers presented the family of Nik Gogos, the young man who was badly hurt at the beginning of the season, with a donation collected from their team.  In the 5+ years that I have been officiating in Indiana meets where I have seen coach Hoffar and his team they have always displayed a high level of sportsmanship and respect for their opponents and all involved in the sport, but this was above and beyond anything that they had to do.  It is moments like this and others that I have read about on this site, that reaffirm that no matter how intense or competitive this sport makes people, in my opinion, there in no tighter community then that of wrestling.

WELL DONE EAST NOBLE!!!

Great job East Noble, and their coaching staff, wrestlers and family! This goes to show how great of a conference the Northeast Hoosier Conference (sad to see it break up) really is.  We (Columbia City) had a football player go down with a major head injury week 1 of football and almost all of the NHC schools stepped up and donated or did something for that player and his family.  Homestead and Carroll were major contributors to this.    I know that Carroll, Columbia City, and New Haven had planned on donating as well during the NHC triple dual that was cancelled last weekend, and that will still happen once we have that meet on Jan 6.

The football player mentioned above showed up to the Columbia City Elementary duals this past weekend to meet a young Yorktown wrestler that he had been in contact with during his stay in the hospital.  Good to see him giving back to fellow athletes as well.

The Homestead Wrestling Family was humbled by the presentation by these young men of the gift to Nik from the East Noble Wrestling Family.  Took a photo of the presentation that I would love to share, but do not have the site authorization to do so. 

Thank you from the bottom of our hearts.

The Homestead Wrestling Family was humbled by the presentation by these young men of the gift to Nik from the East Noble Wrestling Family.  Took a photo of the presentation that I would love to share, but do not have the site authorization to do so. 

Thank you from the bottom of our hearts.

If you email it to me I will post it for you.  aoberlin@gmail.com.

Wow...near tears... (Nik's dad and I wrestled together in HS) This is the greatest sport ever...We saw some great sportmanship today at New Haven 10x supers...but noticed that the team that won overall, if any of their competitors lost they tried not too shake their opponents hand or the opposing coaches. said :(

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.