Perry vs CG

jchas

All in all a pretty good showing for a very young CENTER GROVE team  ( 8  Freshman /Soph) CG shoulda, woulda, coulda won a few more matches 103 for sure and a few more that could have gone either way, depending on who falls on who and who headlocks who.I Look for Perry to make some adjustments before the end of the season. Center Grove will be solid a few years down the road.

Best match of the night: Tyler Fleenor vs Brett Johnson and the rest of the Perry Team standing at matside. Intimidation is a heck of a thing. Fleenor did not seem phased. Pinned Johnson in the third period while out scoring his opponent in double digits.

I am not sure which matches could of gone either way. Perry's 106 lb got thrown in a headlock in the first period and came back from down 5-0  to score 10 pts. Looking back on the other matches, Perry was up by quite a bit before the falls. And I may be wrong, so correct me if so. I thought Fleenor was up 7-2 when he got the fall. But is was a good atmosphere and with almost all the kids knowing each other , growing up in Perry's room, its was a good dual.

I have to agree with non-stop.  Center Grove's 106 hit a nasty head lock (which he mastered while wrestling in the Perry Meridain Middle school Program:).  After that he didn't have much offense layed around and got turned twice in the third period.  Tyler Fleener is a very good wrestler with a great wrestling background much similar to the 106 lbers.  Good luck to CG the rest of the season.  Good luck to Perry in Ohio this weekend.  I hope the weather permits!  Oscar had his rose colored glasses on or scarlett or red or whatever Center Grove's colors are.

Oscar,

You mentioned me in your post, why i dont know. But if you were trying to answer my question that some of the matches could of gone either way, that wasn't answered. I know you are proud of your program, and you should be but saying im full of myself for asking what matches you saw that could of gone either way doesn't mean Im full of myself.  But no matter what colored glasses you wear, it is what it is.

Nonstop

I Like your screen name. It indicates you understand what it takes to be successful in this sport. You do not need to be in perry's room to succeed at wrestling. It seems you imply this and as a result insult all other coaches and rooms. In this  case Center Grove. I apologize for lumping you with PM1981 I will not do that in the future.  Tyler is not a Perry product he is a club  wrestler since he was a peewee that is why he is successful. He chose to be a Trojan for the high school part of his wrestling and he has done quite well. Let us leave it at that. The Perry coaches would love to have you believe that no one is successful that left Perry and nothing could be further from the truth. For some kids Perry may be great and that is ok. Everyone has to do what they feel is best for there kids. I do not mean any disrespect. I am not sure but I think the fear is you might see people leaving Perry if they recognize they can have success at some other school, therefore giving themselves  credit for successful kids that have left the program. Just not true. The Perry room has its positives bu t just as many negatives. That can be true of any room. I will answer the shoulda- woiulda-couldas in another reply

Oscar, it seems like you have a great deal of wrestling knowledge...could you describe what Perry's numerous negatives are?

Cordially  "O"

May I ask if the ones wanting to exit is because they cant make the line up? And i am not trying to be sarcastic. Its legitimate question. That room seems to be rather deep in many weights, so to not make the Varsity lineup as a Freshman/Sophomore is not a bad thing. If its better for a athlete to switch schools to wrestle at that level then that's a choice the wrestler and parents need to do. Just because a room isnt right for a small few, doesn't really make it a negative.  But obviously your situation must of been different so i guess that is just my opinion. I wish you and CG the best. It looks like they had a good win today against BS.

Mr. Thornton

First of all I do not claim to have a great deal of wrestling knowledge. Wrestling is really a pretty simple sport." Lets have a fight and see who comes out on top." I do not see what wrestling knowledge has to do with any given negatives of a certain program.

The fact that kids are wanting to exit the program would indicate there are some negatives. I will leave it at that. I do not want to get into a hissing contest about this or that. My opinion is just that My Opinion.

Cordially "O"

Shaking my head

Mr. Thornton

First of all I do not claim to have a great deal of wrestling knowledge. Wrestling is really a pretty simple sport." Lets have a fight and see who comes out on top." I do not see what wrestling knowledge has to do with any given negatives of a certain program.

The fact that kids are wanting to exit the program would indicate there are some negatives. I will leave it at that. I do not want to get into a hissing contest about this or that. My opinion is just that My Opinion.

Cordially "O"

really?.....just get out there and roll around till someone gives up?......yep that's all it is......

To "Nonstop"

First of all, thank you for being respectful. To answer your first question, it is more complicated than yes or no, but in open discussion with you I would answer "yes". I would have to disagree with you about the importance of making the varsity lineup as a freshman. Experience is the best teacher. I would advise you to not buy in to that. I've seen too many coaches kids in the starting line-up as freshman who were not qualified, to buy into "it is not important to be on the mat as a freshman". You only have four years to enjoy the fruits of this sport. Why waste any of them. I wish I could be more open with you on this board but as you can see my "knowledge" of what is going on tends to provoke people. Yes wrestling is a simple "concept" -fight until you win- "grueling" Yes. Brutal at times. Wrestling is not simple to master, but the "concept" is simple to understand. Again, thank you for being respectful. I wish you the best also. I too was pleased with the young guns at CG. Keep your eye on them in the years to come.

To the CG Team keep up the hard work and push even harder. The road ahead is long and hard with the rewards at the end of the road. There are no shortcuts. 

Cordially "O"

three cliches in the first paragraph, but you close strongly with three additional cliches in the last paragraph.  there is also a double cliche/mixed metaphor.  not sure how to score that one.

"O"

I will make this short,  because you and I know that we dont have to agree with each other as long as the kids end up enjoying their high school career.  But you mentioned not "buying into it". My personal opinion is the Coaches seem to be making the correct decision on line ups due to 3 consecutive State Titles and 3 straight AAu National Titles. Again, good luck and enjoy the season.

three cliches in the first paragraph, but you close strongly with three additional cliches in the last paragraph.  there is also a double cliche/mixed metaphor.  not sure how to score that one.

I believe if you will refer to your handbook you will find that each cliche scores a 2 with a multiplier of 2 added for each additional cliche.  So cliche #1 scores a 2, while cliche #2 scores a 4, cliche #3 a 8 and so on.  The double cliche/mixed metaphor is a tough one, but again refer to the handbook.  The double cliche score is a 10 with a 3 multiplier for the mixed metaphor.  So if my third grade math is correct, I believe that post scores a 156.  Nice

• 2 weeks later...