Harvest Classic

Cosgrove

Micic only 2-1 over Davis?  Wow!  Davis is tough and showed that last year at state finals but didn't think it would be close this time around.  Figured Micic by major.

219...  Just a very technical???  Any take downs or just escapes?  D1 schools better take a real hard look at Zach Davis...

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Micic got first takedown and looked tougher on his feet.  Davis rode Micic hard and almost turned him once.

Davis looks a lot stronger this year and has always been tremendous riding with his legs.  He is also a great student and I think is going to one of the military academies.  Good kid unless he has his legs on you.

Anybody with the rest of the results?

It was a real solid match. Some good scrammbles in the first micic got the takedown and had a deep leg Turk but rode Davis out in the first

After 1 2-0 micic

Second period micic choose down. Davis was nails on top leg riding micic at one point he had a deep half I thought he was going to turn him. But they stopped it. Which looked like the right call his shoulder was bent pretty nasty. But Davis rode him the entire second.

3rd

Davis choose down micic rode him for a minute or a little longer. So it was 2-1 there a was a good scrammble to a stalemate. It end with micic in on a shot and Davis trying to break his grip and spin behind.

It was a really good match which is good for both kids I'm sure the next match up will be just as good. Also hildebrant and Reitz was a real good match. The 106 pound weight class in the state and semi state are going to be real good matches

Micic only 2-1 over Davis?  Wow!  Davis is tough and showed that last year at state finals but didn't think it would be close this time around.  Figured Micic by major.

219...  Just a very technical???  Any take downs or just escapes?  D1 schools better take a real hard look at Zach Davis...

I think Davis was a little Intimidated/Passive the first couple of times he wrested Micic last year . I believe they were both Tech fall losses . After the state finals showing . He now knows he can wrestle right with Micic , and possibly upset him the more times they wrestle .

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.