Harvest Classic

Cosgrove

It is going to be a good one this year yet again but......... does anyone know if penn will be bringing their whole varsity this year to one spot or sending in other tournaments still. Going to be a tough one several teams have some studs to make good tournament teams also going to be interesting having brother rice added to the group. Have one more wrestler who will be going for a four time harvest classic champion I do believe only 8 guys have won this tournament all four years I may be wrong though  :-\

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I believe Griffith is there too, so that adds another top 106lber to the mix should Penn's #1 arrive.  Last year Hildebrandt wrestled Peek, so I believe that was their "A" Team.  The format will be different this year than in year's past.  24 man bracket, with losers of the first round being done.  Wrestlers will be able to wrestle back to 3rd place and top 7 are considered placers.  Brother Rice is part of the field this year, for those of you who are not familiar with Rudy Yates and the team he wrestles for. 

Have one more wrestler who will be going for a four time harvest classic champion I do believe only 8 guys have won this tournament all four years I may be wrong though  :-\

4 timers

1. Billy Maldonado ('97) ECC

2. Alex Tsirtsis ('04) GRIF

3. Andrae Hernandez ('04) GRIF

4. Angel Escobedo ('05) GRIF

5. Andrew Howe ('08) HC

6. Eric Galka ('08) HOB

7. Brennan Cosgrove ('08) HOB

8. Kyle Ayersman ('12) LC

Micic should get his fourth this weekend.

Cosgrove,

Who is your potential 4 timer you are speaking of?  There's no one on Hobart's team that has won it 3 times that I can think of on this year's team.  Also, give me some help, I can only think of 6 4X winners of the event, with Micic having a chance to join that group this year.  The 6 I'm confident of are Robert Maldonado, Tim Maldonado, Kyle Ayersman, Brennan Cosgrove, Eric Galka, and Andrew Howe.

4 timers

1. Billy Maldonado ('97) ECC

2. Alex Tsirtsis ('04) GRIF

3. Andrae Hernandez ('04) GRIF

4. Angel Escobedo ('05) GRIF

5. Andrew Howe ('08) HC

6. Eric Galka ('08) HOB

7. Brennan Cosgrove ('08) HOB

8. Kyle Ayersman ('12) LC

Thanks for posting the list. I totally forgot all of the Griffith boys and gave credit to the wrong Maldonado.

Micic should get his fourth this weekend.

Last year It was

1. Hanover Central

2. Penn

3. McCutcheon

4. River Forest

5. Lake Central

6. Lake Station

7. Highland

8. Calumet

9. Hobart

10. Andrean

11. Griffith

12. South Bend Washington

13. Hammond Clark

14. Hammond Gavit

15. Hammond Morton

16. East Chicago Central

I saw they added Brother Rice what other teams are there?

Last year It was

1. Hanover Central

2. Penn

3. McCutcheon

4. River Forest

5. Lake Central

6. Lake Station

7. Highland

8. Calumet

9. Hobart

10. Andrean

11. Griffith

12. South Bend Washington

13. Hammond Clark

14. Hammond Gavit

15. Hammond Morton

16. East Chicago Central

I saw they added Brother Rice what other teams are there?

There are only 17 teams, so you have them all correct.  However, they are going to a 24-man bracket and 1st round losers are eliminated.  Full wrestlebacks to a true 3rd and the 5th through 7th consolations will have their own bracket.

the potential four timer is stephen from hanover is who i was talking about but yes i do think rudy will be at 113 this year though he was weight around 130 this summer at rwa would like to have him at 120 though with davis brendan black rodriguez of hammond but i do think he is at 113 bummer but thats good that penn will be bringing their 1st team there will be alot of competition at this tournament i do not see a clear team winner here it will comedown to the guys taking third and fourth who will decide this tournament champs will be spread throught the board i think

the potential four timer is stephen from hanover is who i was talking about but yes i do think rudy will be at 113 this year though he was weight around 130 this summer at rwa would like to have him at 120 though with davis brendan black rodriguez of hammond but i do think he is at 113 bummer but thats good that penn will be bringing their 1st team there will be alot of competition at this tournament i do not see a clear team winner here it will comedown to the guys taking third and fourth who will decide this tournament champs will be spread throught the board i think

130 pounds seems pretty big for him.  I saw him last Saturday and he's not very tall.  If I had to guess I'd say he's 5'2" or so and looked to be about 120 pounds, and pretty muscle bound for a little guy.  I've never seen him wrestle, and am excited to see him this weekend.

yeah he was pretty chunky this past summer ask any of the guys who wrestled with him at RWA but hes a pretty good kid but i can see him losing if he gets behind he will find way to complain and take his mind out of the match saw it this summer with one of those little ball taps hahaha he made a huge deal out of it as if no one has ever been hit there several of us thought he broke his arm but on brother rice there are several other good individuals as well

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.