Will Micic ever wrestle in IN again?

MCKAJC

Stevan is listed on the roster at 55kg for the USA International Tour Team wrestling in Nice, France on Nov.29-30. So it appears that his Indiana HS wrestling carrier may be over.  :'(

http://www.teamusa.org/USA-Wrestling/Features/2013/November/21/USA-fall-international-tour-lineups-set

I was once bitten by rattlesnake. After 5 days of excruciating pain, the snake died. 

Why would he want to wrestle in Indiana again?  This is a special and rare opportunity.  Micic has won state titles in Indiana and is now preparing for something even greater. Indiana wrestling should be one of the last things on his mind!

Good luck to Stevan!!!

Why was this article even published or endorsed by Stevan if he wasn't wrestling in HS this season?

http://www.nwitimes.com/sports/high-school/wrestling/hanover-central-s-micic-hopes-to-begin-and-end-the/article_77380f06-d0a0-5b6c-8cf6-96337d7587d7.html

IMO an athlete that has done the work and achieved the success deserves this type of notoriety regardless of their plans. I'm pretty sure Micic's knew they weren't going to attend OK ST. but they didn't tell John Smith not to come to recruit him. Stevan deserved to be courted by John Smith and to here his pitch and what ever goes along with that process. IMO this article is very similar. Petrov even states at the end of the article that Stevan is preparing for the next level.

Here is the IHSAA by-law

c. An outstanding student-athlete may participate as an individual during the authorized contest

season of a sport, without loss of interschool eligibility, provided the following criteria are

met:

(1.) a

completed waiver application form signed by the student, parent, coach and principal

or his/her designee, shall be filed with the school and the electronic waiver process

shall be completed and submitted to the Commissioner for approval, prior to the event;

(2.) arrangements to complete academic lessons, assignments, test(s), etc. is made in

advance;

(3.) student may not miss an Association sponsored tournament series or school contest

for which he/she is eligible. (It is the philosophy of this Association that students owe

loyalty to their school and team.); and

(4.) student and parent agrees to not accept, directly or indirectly, any awards, gifts, trips,

merchandise, etc. which would violate IHSAA Rule 5 (Amateurism) or Rule 6 (Awards,

Prizes, Gifts).

The key is rule 3 if Hanover Central has an event next week.

if he doesn't wrestle again in high school, it will surely shake up who goes where come state time.......

You still have a returning state champ and a freshman phenom in that weight class so I can't see anyone chomping at the bit to go 26.

I'm trying to follow, is he wrestling in France for a tournament with USA?

HENRI DEGLANE CHALLENGE

At Nice, France, Nov. 29-30

U.S. Senior Freestyle lineup

96 kg/211.5 lbs. – Jack Jensen, Colorado Springs, Colo. (Army WCAP)

U.S. Senior Women’s lineup

51 kg/112.25 lbs. – Amy Fearnside, Morgan Hill, Calif. (Univ. of Jamestown)

63 kg/138.75 lbs. – Elena Pirozhkova, Colorado Springs, Colo. (Titan Mercury WC)

U.S. Junior Freestyle lineup

55 kg/121 lbs. – Stevan Micic, Cedar Lake, Ind.

66 kg/145.5 lbs. – Aaron Pico, Whittier, Calif.

74 kg/163 lbs. – Bo Nickal, Allen, Texas

84 kg/185 lbs. – Brooks Climmons, Hiram, Ga.

96 kg/211.5 lbs. – Kyle Snyder, Woodbine, Md.

120 kg/264.5 lbs. – Garrett Ryan, Scottsdale, Ariz.

Assistant National Freestyle Coach – Bill Zadick, Colorado Springs, Colo.

Coach – Valentin Kalika, Laguna Niguel, Calif.

You still have a returning state champ and a freshman phenom in that weight class so I can't see anyone chomping at the bit to go 26.

not saying anyone wants to go 126 but he might have wrestled 120 so with him possibly/probably out of the mix, kids will move around i would guess......i mean in the end regardless of what weight he wrestled, he more than likely would have won....even more than probably.....lol

For a guy whose every other post is about Micic, this seems like trolling to me. Either he is or he isn't wrestling, and I'm confident either way that MCKAJC is aware of the family's plans. Stevan, even if he wrestles in Indiana, is no lock for a state title. Some forget that he almost lost to Davis from Penn in the finals last year, and this year we add a returning state champion Deondre Wilson, and a nationally ranked Nick Lee to the mix.

For a guy whose every other post is about Micic, this seems like trolling to me. Either he is or he isn't wrestling, and I'm confident either way that MCKAJC is aware of the family's plans. Stevan, even if he wrestles in Indiana, is no lock for a state title. Some forget that he almost lost to Davis from Penn in the finals last year, and this year we add a returning state champion Deondre Wilson, and a nationally ranked Nick Lee to the mix.

How exactly does one "almost" lose a match? It seems that the rules are pretty cut and dry as to how a person wins a match or loses for that matter.  Stevan scored more points than Davis, therefore he won the match.  I would agree with you had you said it was a competitive match and no one expected that, but he didn't almost lose, he just didn't dominate as everyone expected.

the people that bring up the Davis match seem to forget micic teched him twice before that, including a week before. It's hard to beat a quality wrestler 3 times in a row, especially a state tuner up. Micic would be extremely tough for anyone to beat him.

MCKAJC you need to just give it a rest. Most of the people on here don't realize that you have been on the youth site for years talkin up all the RWA kids like you are responsible for any of their success. I know that you are the father of 2 pretty good wrestlers, so why don't you stick to promoting your own kids like you always have. The guy that said the Micic's need to find a new PR guy said it best, and the guy that compared you to Caliboy was also dead on. So before you make everyone just wanna beat your kids because of how you run your mouth on here, just like Caliboy's, you should really quit while your ahead. I'll let you know how it all worked out for Caliboy.Caliboy had a son that had won a ton of ISWA state titles coming into high school. Shortly after coming into high school his dad created an acct. on this site and would run his mouth about kids every day. It put a huge target on the son's back and added a ton of unneeded pressure to him. Over the next 4 years the son transferred schools and eventually quit wrestling before he graduated, and I believe never wrestled again. So please do us all a favor and more importantly do your 2 sons a favor, and JUST STOP.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.