T.E.C.

NowAFan2010

• Replies 507
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Winchester is at the ecic this weekend.

I know in years past they never use trackwrestling but they did use something else. I don't remember what it was or have that link. You have that or know if they are using TW this year?

Ight I'm going to make a good topic we can all argue and talk about since everything else is boring.. What will be good match ups in the finals at tec? What weights will be the best?  In my opinion I say heavyweight, 145 and 138 will be some good finals just because I'm hoping for some bracket busters!!!!

Ight I'm going to make a good topic we can all argue and talk about since everything else is boring.. What will be good match ups in the finals at tec? What weights will be the best?  In my opinion I say heavyweight, 145 and 138 will be some good finals just because I'm hoping for some bracket busters!!!!

heavyweight will be interesting. 120 will be good going about 4 deep with good wrestlers. 126 finals should be a good one. i agree with 145 should be interesting although dont see anyone getting the win over cox, gorman and tipton have slight chances but actually I would like to see that match between them two. i dont see anyone at 138 to give killion a workout. 160 should be good now that centervilles jordan has made weiight...i just decided, i got to do something real quick and then im gonna update my predictions with this info...

38 will be good because of millions return and 45 I'm hoping for a bracket bust, and is jordan was at 70 it would be a good match for Aquino......

ah i see. killion has returned to full strength and just working on his stamina now. By conference that wont be an issue. It definately would be a good match of Jordan and aquino. I give aquino the edge there but I know jordan made 160 on saturday so I am sure he will stay there. if there was a bracker bust at 145, whether it be gorman or tipton or someone else, i would be totally shocked.

fun facts:

2 years ago, the TEC had 2 wrestlers enter the tournament undefeated and remained undefeated. they were Kyle Walters from Union City and Cody Phillips from Union County.

Last year we had just one - freshman 220 Cody McMillian from Hagerstown (record of 0-0) but last year we had 4 wrestlers with only 1 loss: Winchesters 106 Garringer (24-1), Tri's 120 Craft (10-1), Union City's 152 Wyatt (30-1) and Union Citys 182 Antonoglou (32-1). 3 of the 4 wrestlers that entered with 1 loss went on to be TEC champs. The one that didnt was Tri's 120 Wes Craft who was beat in the championships by Centerville's Dakota Tipton.

Two years ago, only one wrestler was unseeded and appeared in the championship match: Union Countys Brian Mathews...last year, he was unseeded again (no respect). Mathews did not advance to the championship round as he did the year before from being unseeded but he did finish 3rd thus pulling off an upset...but we did have 2 other unseeded wrestlers make it to the finals last year and that was Union City's Charlie Baron at 170 and 160 Lane Blake from Tri.

2 years ago the TEC produced 4 state qualifiers: Cody Phillips, Kyle Walters, Cody Handley, Austin Fuller (Phillips and Walters graduated). Then last year Cody Handley was the lone state qualifier who has since graduated along with Austin Fuller. How many and who will go to state this year?

2 years ago, out of the 14 weight classes, 12 #1 seeds went on to become TEC champs. the other 2 champs were #2 seeds. Last year, of the 14 weight classes, 10 TEC champs were #1 seeds, 3 were number 2 seeds and we did see a champ come from outside the top 2 seeds and that was 3 seed Wyatt Krom from Union County at 160.

Last year, two wrestlers won their 4th conference title, Fuller 132 and Handley 145. No freshman won a championship last year and nobody was going for their 3rd so it will be a long time before we see another 4x champ. I believe a freshman or two are capable of winning this year so maybe in a few years there is a possible 4x conference champ. (cam coffman and/or colten handley???)

MIGHT BE 2 SSQ IF NOT FURTHER IN  THAT 120 CLASS SHOULD START ON OPPOSITE ENDS OF THE BRACKET & CLASH IN THE FINALS. JENKINSON IS GOOD AS IT GETS AT 120 AND McCLURG LOOKS PRETTY GOOD RIGHT NOW. T. Wright  of Greenfield had all he could handle in a 7-2 win,for what its worth hes(t.w.) ranked 7th @126 for ss.

I like Union Countys chances  of making some noise team wise. with 106 ff 113 coffman1st maybe2nd  120 mcclurg1st maybe 2nd  126 bowers 1st maybe 2nd 132 &138 Redd & Reffitt depending on if they change weights or not could see both in top(wild card wildcard) 4. 145 Oswald is top three in a strong weight class. 152 Dearth was finally on  the matt this week end and look solid  top 4(wildcard) . 160 Hertel strong  getting better very aggressive like that in him top 4. 170 Aquino-Morales tough top 2. 182  Strait hard worker looks strong, maybe (wild card) top 2. 195 Bryant working hard. 220 Parker  maybe droppin weight as we speak (wildcard)top 4.  285 Minges is  rock solid  gonna be ready top 3.Centerville and Winchester would have us on our their heels if Ramey came in at 160 & everyone bumped up a weight to 195 would be interesting. Of course its opinionative biased and one sided most of which will never happen just wanted to put U.Co. best case scenario out there.

Also. 82 should be interesting with Robinson and gough facing off! Their is a few weight classes where the #1 guy will just clean up and destroy everyone. 26,,95,70

funkymonkey, i agree at 170 its a runaway. im starting to think 106 will be too as well as 138, 145 and 220. But who is going to run away with it at 195, just curious? also, although i do believe bowers wins 126, dont underestimate phillips. he will push the action and has put in a ton of work. He hasnt stopped wrestling since last season began lol.

ALL THE TOP 8 PLACERS FROM TEC. AT SPARTAN BWL? NEED TO KNOW BIGMK MONKEY ANYONE.

cant even guess on that one. with the way its blind draw, no seeding, you never know. i want to see to as many of them place as possible and represent the TEC though

New Predictions with updated weight class changes - added semi state rankings to ranked wrestlers

106 handley ne / purtha hag / sawyer cen / c newton lin / frantz win

***handley might not break a sweat

113 coffman uco / miller tri / markley cen / j hangen win / albritton ne

***top 3 are close but cam has the skills to pull the win off. one little mistake though or slightly underestimating miller or markley, either   

one have the ability to upset coffman

120 jenkinson cen / mcclurg uco / Craft tri / j newton lin (ss11 @ 113) / thompson win / cline uci

***not much separates the top 4 but I say it comes down to the ol rival of jenkinson and mcclurg. jenkinson won last year @ 113. 

craft was runner up last year @ 120. newton was a runner up last year @ 106

126 bowers uco / phillips cen / roach hag / prescott win / baker uci / dargie ne / ogle lin

*** bowers should take this but phillips wont make it easy on him

132 michaels cen / isaacs tri / downey uci / anderson ne / redd uco / moistner lin / kolp win

***michaels should take this but isaacs cant be overlooked

138 killion cen (ss6 @ 145) / scholl hag / halcomb win / stuckey uci / reffitt uco / brush ne

***Killion should not have any problems here

145 cox hag (ss7 @145) / gorman tri / tipton cen / oswald uco / mcnew ne / mull cen / eley uci

***cox is just too good and won last year @ 138. Gormans strength tops tipton who was a TEC champ last year @ 126

152 burelison cen / ring uci / hartmann ne / underwood win / dearth uco / nuekam lin

***should be a great match. burelison looks pretty good right now. Havent seen ring this year yet but last year i was impressed

160 anguiano uci / jordan cen / schwab ne / rihm lin / blake tri / klingel win / hertel uco

***another good match and jordan is very underrated. top 5 of these guys arent very far apart though. #5 in that list, Blake, was a

runner up last year @ 160

170 aquino uco / baron uci / halcomb win / hale cen / haager ne / atkinson lin

***aquino takes it and shouldnt have much of a sweat although baron was a runner up last year @ 170

182 gough win / robinson cen (ss10 @ 182) / terriquez uci / cook tri / strait uco / mosley ne / usher lin

***grough won last year @ 170 and should take this but the good one would be robinsons strength vs terriquezs quickness and

technical skills. Robinson was a runner up last year @ 220

195 hangen win / calderon cen / roach hag / bryant uco / burke uci / dunaway lin

***if calderon gets lazy and doesnt wrestle with a sense of urgency as he does sometimes, hangen could take it easily. but calderon

was a runner up last year @ 195 and has the skills to win, if his head is in it and he listens to his coaches

220 sofronko win / utt tri / deloney cen / moore uci / owen ne / parker uco / bleymehl lin

***sofronco took it last year fairly easily and should have less of a challenge this year

285 williams win / henry uci / creigmile cen / minges uco

***Williams has owned Henry but it keeps getting closer

This looks more accurate :)

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.