T.E.C.

NowAFan2010

• Replies 507
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I could be wrong but I thought a few years ago someone asked that and it was Centerville. Definately don't take that as gospel though. Good question.

Not even close..Winchester by alot. Ever hear of a guy named Ron Anderson?

Not even close..Winchester by alot. Ever hear of a guy named Ron Anderson?

No please tell of this Ron Anderson. I was a Richmond guy so unfamiliar of tec history. I go back to a few years before Ben wissel at rhs. Sorry.

Ron was a great coach along side Kevin Jones being Ron's assistant for nearly 30 years I believe and the quality middle school program ran by Randy Wren for nearly that long too..

Would be competitive year in and year out even won a few sectionals at Delta and many runner ups... great teams many state qualifiers

Winchester was off yesterday.. Union City had two guys finish the day 5-0 at South Adams, Anguiano and Teriquez.

Aaron Burk also gave Hinshaw from South Adams a heck of match.

Unfortunately, I never got to wrestle for Ron, but I did compete against him in high school and I can tell you this, he always had a solid program.  I have had the pleasure of spending much more time with Ron as of recent since taking over the coaching job at Winchester a couple years ago (this is my third season).  Ron led a great program for many years and the more I get to know him the easier it is to understand how he carried on such a high standard of wrestling.  He genuinely cared about the kids, each one of them.  We have conversations regularly about wrestling and he has specific stories about a ton of the kids he coached, some of them are parents of the kids I'm getting the opportunity to coach.  Anyway, it has been an honor to be able to walk into my practice room and see his accomplishments and do everything I can to build a program worthy of being in the same space. 

He truly is a great guy and any of you that have the opportunity to meet him, do not pass that one up.

Coach Feltis

I must say, I was very impressed with Cody handleys little brother Colton tonight. It was a decent match between he and Markley. 106 is going to be all up for grabs it looks to me.

I would agree, Handley looked good. 106 will be a battle at the TEC

I would agree, Handley looked good. 106 will be a battle at the TEC

Rumor is Hagerstown has rick purthas little brother at 106 freshman that has beaten Colton in junior high and they have battled thru the years. Not sure how true that is but if so, not much will separate the top 4 from what I see.

I must say, I was very impressed with Cody handleys little brother Colton tonight. It was a decent match between he and Markley. 106 is going to be all up for grabs it looks to me.

I would like to also include that I was impressed with the overall Northeastern team. They are very very young and didnt back down. They will have a solid program once the experience is there. good job coach curtis.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.