Stepping up our game!

Y2CJ41

This Twitter fad is going nuts, so why not jump on the bandwagon?  Wait we already have in posting lots of useful information over the past few years, but this year is DIFFERENT...WAY DIFFERENT.

If you haven't noticed we have some fancy new forms for entering in results.  Well there is a BIG, BIG, BIG reason for that. 

Simply put, when you enter in a dual result the result and it's link will be sent to our Twitter account to be posted. So that means every dual, every super dual, EVERY tournament will have it's result sent to Twitter.

WAIT, there's MORE!  Yes I said MORE!  If your school has a Twitter account your handle will then be added to the message.  So therefore you will get even more exposure for your team. Note that this will only be for single duals as of right now(maybe more later).

Here is a sample right here.

And a couple thanks goes out to Dane Fueling for the idea and Nicky Weisjahn for some of the nerd help.

I'm an web idiot, but I know there is a way to have all post with a given hashtag....say #indmat...automatically retweeted from your twitter account as well. I really like it on the football side because on Friday nights I can just watch the feed and see scores from all over instantly without following a bunch of people I normally wouldn't want to see.

just a thought.

I'm an web idiot, but I know there is a way to have all post with a given hashtag....say #indmat...automatically retweeted from your twitter account as well. I really like it on the football side because on Friday nights I can just watch the feed and see scores from all over instantly without following a bunch of people I normally wouldn't want to see.

just a thought.

If we include the link to the result, which will have individual results in it then we won't have enough character space for a hashtag.  Right now including two twitter handles is pushing the limit of 140 character limit.

If we include the link to the result, which will have individual results in it then we won't have enough character space for a hashtag.  Right now including two twitter handles is pushing the limit of 140 character limit.

I see, might be good for people that want to post individual results during big match ups still.

Will it work in reverse? If I tweet results to Indiana mat will they be posted in the results section? Either way, this is a great idea.

Not quite yet, post them to IndianaMat in the results section. I can see quite a bit of abuse doing it the way you are asking. With this way if a user abuses this, they can be suspended or banned.

just a thought.

I have added a URL shortener that allows us to add the hashtag #INWrResults to all the posts.  Merry Christmas :)

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.