FINAL New Castle SS Rankings updated 2-8-14

zachpierson

No 120's from the Richmond regional? Okay cool

I think he is adding them as he gets sectional brackets and pulling their records from there. our sectionals just are doing seed meetings later than most. he will add them i am sure :)

• Replies 255
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Keep up the good work zach. It's a ton to keep up with and u won't please everyone. I know how that goes. I like yours better than the other semi state as you try to include more than just top 8 or so. It lets people see who to keep an eye on. Anybody can pick top 8 in a given semi state. Gets a lot more tough after that lol.

Not at all what are the iffy ones I will tell u y they are the way they are

Just giving you a hard time.  You do a great job.  It would be natural for you to put kids,

that you know personally, a spot or two higher than I would. 

I do it all the time when I am asked to rank kids.

Keep up the good work zach. It's a ton to keep up with and u won't please everyone. I know how that goes. I like yours better than the other semi state as you try to include more than just top 8 or so. It lets people see who to keep an eye on. Anybody can pick top 8 in a given semi state. Gets a lot more tough after that lol.

I'm going to update merrillville tonight how many should I do? I think I can do 12-15

I'm going to update merrillville tonight how many should I do? I think I can do 12-15

i think 12-15 is a good number...some classes drop off quick but others are deep. vary it depending on that. thats what i would do

i think 12-15 is a good number...some classes drop off quick but others are deep. vary it depending on that. thats what i would do

if i REALLY wanted to get crazy with it and put more time and effort into it, i would do a minimum of 16. I mean, thats how many go to semi state so why not rank that many at least, then throw a few others in there. For example. Look at new castle 152. that class is so deep, that 3x semi state qualifier chandler hale is ranked 20th there. will he make it back to semi state a 4th time? absolutely. why is he ranked 20th then? because he probably isnt as good as the ones in front of him. but he will come from a weaker regional than someone from perry meridian regional. There are 8 ranked guys from PM regional ahead of Hale. half of those guys, although maybe better than hale, wont make it out and onto semi state where hale will.

By the way, i know you get this, im spelling it out this way for someone who might not.

Yea I'm not sure every weight has the depth or is as evenly tough as a new castle at 52 or Evansville at 32. I know some regionals will have more depth then others I never rank state or semi based I. Who I think will be there just the best by known results. At 1 point merrillville had 15 ranked ill do 13 for the final set. Just thought I would give you a hard time

Yea I'm not sure every weight has the depth or is as evenly tough as a new castle at 52 or Evansville at 32. I know some regionals will have more depth then others I never rank state or semi based I. Who I think will be there just the best by known results. At 1 point merrillville had 15 ranked ill do 13 for the final set. Just thought I would give you a hard time

you like to do that sometimes...its ok, i think i dish it out more than i get so im sure you owed it to me lol

120 unranked Alston Jenkinson Centerville 33-5 (11th grade and 2013 SSQ) beat #13 Daniel McClurg in conference finals (they are now 1-1 against each other this year)

138 unranked Dakota Tipton Centerville 32-7 (12th grade and 2012 SSQ) and #16 have a win over each other this year with Humbert having the most recent one.

Tri sectional seed meeting is tonight so we should be able to get info released from those teams involved

Alquino and Gonzales won't see one another back to back in the finals at sectional and regional because Pope from Blue river beat Alquino once already and is in the Richmond regional.

Aquino will beat pope next time. Also there is a one loss new guy from Louisiana named Matthew bowman in that same weight class at tri sectional from eastern Hancock.

I agree manning wins the next one against hill but I also think Caleb day avenges a loss too

Aquino will beat pope next time. Also there is a one loss new guy from Louisiana named Matthew bowman in that same weight class at tri sectional from eastern Hancock.

I agree manning wins the next one against hill but I also think Caleb day avenges a loss too

I believe Alquino is 4 or 3 at best at regional. And Day beats Hill but not Manning. Just a prediction though.

;)What is team state? ??? Never heard of it? Isn't this an individual sport?

Must be basketball stuff. Not sure why zach would work on basketball stuff when we are in the middle of the biggest individual sports tournament of the year lol

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.