FINAL New Castle SS Rankings updated 2-8-14

zachpierson

franklin county sectional notes for rankings:

unranked cameron coffman- union county 9 (31-7) won. (placed over #12 & #13)

unranked johnny loos- franklin county 10 (25-7) won. (placed over #8 & #9)

unranked cole bowers- union county 11 (28-9) 2nd. (placed over #8 & #9)

unranked tyler moore- east central 12 (28-14) won. (placed over #8)

• Replies 255
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

franklin county sectional notes for rankings

unranked cameron coffman- union county 9 (31-7) won. (placed over #12 & #13)

unranked johnny loos- franklin county 10 (25-7) won. (placed over #8 & #9)

unranked cole bowers- union county 11 (28-9) 2nd. (placed over #8 & #9)

unranked tyler moore- east central 12 (28-14) won. (placed over #8)

Coffman 113

Question for Zach-

In some of your SS rankings/preditions you have more than 4 wrestlers from a Regional.  At 106 you have 6 of the top 12 from one regional. 

113 - 6 of the top 11 are from NM

120 - 5 of the top 11 from PM

132 - 5 of the top 10 from PM

5 of the top 15 from RI

138 - 6 of the top 9 from PM

5 of the top 15 from NM

145 - 5 of the top 13 from NM

and it goes on like this through most all weight classes.

Am I correct by saying that each Regional will only have 4 wrestlers at SS?

Question for Zach-

In some of your SS rankings/preditions you have more than 4 wrestlers from a Regional.  At 106 you have 6 of the top 12 from one regional. 

113 - 6 of the top 11 are from NM

120 - 5 of the top 11 from PM

132 - 5 of the top 10 from PM

5 of the top 15 from RI

138 - 6 of the top 9 from PM

5 of the top 15 from NM

145 - 5 of the top 13 from NM

and it goes on like this through most all weight classes.

Am I correct by saying that each Regional will only have 4 wrestlers at SS?

You are correct but these aren't predictions. They are rankings. Just because only 4 get out doesn't mean there are only 4 deserving kids to be ranked.

Zach, I know it is customary to line out wrestlers as they exit the tournament, but I respectfully request that you keep Austin McClosky's name intact atop the rankings at 170. I think his body of work and the manner in which he battled through this season justifies his inclusion there. I know it will only be symbolic, but it would be a fitting tribute to his career.

Zach, I know it is customary to line out wrestlers as they exit the tournament, but I respectfully request that you keep Austin McClosky's name intact atop the rankings at 170. I think his body of work and the manner in which he battled through this season justifies his inclusion there. I know it will only be symbolic, but it would be a fitting tribute to his career.

Have I missed something here?  Is he not wrestling at regional?

Are u talking about the same Garrett Wilson that got 6th in sectionals last year? Going from 6th in sectionals to top 2 in semi state would be a pretty big improvement to say the least. I guess being in Perry's room is all it takes???

just pointing out that wilson made it out of sectionals this year. btw, he won it, will probably win regionals too. bow to the perry room any time lol

good work garrett

Bigmak,

As much as I see you on every post, I would have thought you would have known that making it out of the Perry Sectional is quite a bit different shall I say easier?  than making it out the the Shelbyville Sectional.  Just saying

Well after he wins regional then i'd say it's safe to say he would've made it out of the sectional as well.

Yes it would and my post was no disrepect to Garrett as I hope he goes far. Only responding to a post that appeared to be directed at one of my previous post.

i know...was just giving you a rough time. im abrasive like that. you owe one jab at me now lol

Bigmak,

As much as I see you on every post, I would have thought you would have known that making it out of the Perry Sectional is quite a bit different shall I say easier?  than making it out the the Shelbyville Sectional.  Just saying

youre right, i didnt see that lol...dude, whats your problem always jabbing me jk

Very touching and very much appreciated and respected!! thank you all very much, its seems to some a small gesture, but it is huge to the Mccloskey family!! thank you!!

In the conference finals at 145 #5Vancamp of Lebanon handled #4 Webster failry easily.  There margins of defeat to Lile also give insight to who has the edge.  I think if Lile and Vancamp were seeded more accuratly in there sectionals and met in the finals rather than semi finals that Webster would have certainly taken third at regionals.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.