FINAL New Castle SS Rankings updated 2-8-14

zachpierson

• Replies 255
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't see all 4 of these guys staying at 126.  Coming out of the same Regional I would guess at least 1 or 2 will move up.

Preston Mantel- Zionsville 12 (NM) (6th @ 120 in 2013)

Chandler Moore‐ Southmont 12 (NM)

AJ Belden‐ Westfield 12 (NM)

Jack Chastain- Hamilton Southeastern 11 (NM) (SQ @ 113 in 2013)

Anyone think Cavins or Lonneman from Milan or Weustefield from Batesville will get anywhere this season? What is Lonnemans weight this year? I think he was at 120 last year? Also wondering where Weustefield will be since he had injury last year. I cant help but love watching these kids from smaller schools. Oh and Oyler as always looked good last year.

I agree, I believe Mantel and Belden both end up at 132. Besides PM's James, 132 is wide open for the taking. 113 is considerably weaker compared to past years. 120 is an early pick for the toughest weight if things stay the same but I wouldn't be surprised to see 1 or 2 of the top 120's dropping to 113.

No targets, I am new to this, thought it was just a discussion. I enjoy watching these young boys wrestle thru; just excited for the season to start, thats all. I will find another site to chat.

No targets, I am new to this, thought it was just a discussion. I enjoy watching these young boys wrestle thru; just excited for the season to start, thats all. I will find another site to chat.

alal, I wouldnt worry about someone getting on you about putting targets on wrestlers back. Some people get on here and cry about that stuff all the time. This is a messageboard to talk indiana wrestling and you asked a legit question. You got to take the bad with the good. That kid has like 55 posts...i wouldnt say he is a regular...just sayin.

Those wrestlers you mentioned are all good. I expect to see them at regionals this year for sure and some of them if not all, at semi state. I have seen them wrestle for a few years now and have been impressed with their improvement each year.

alal, I wouldnt worry about someone getting on you about putting targets on wrestlers back. Some people get on here and cry about that stuff all the time. This is a messageboard to talk indiana wrestling and you asked a legit question. You got to take the bad with the good. That kid has like 55 posts...i wouldnt say he is a regular...just sayin.

Those wrestlers you mentioned are all good. I expect to see them at regionals this year for sure and some of them if not all, at semi state. I have seen them wrestle for a few years now and have been impressed with their improvement each year.

i didnt know you had to post alot to be a regular? thats new..

Zach, great job as usual. 113 looks thin with only 7. Im sure you have returning SSQ and 40+ wins from last year as a sophomore, alston jenkinson on your watch list. rumor has it he will be 120 during the season and working down to 113 before the state series begin.

thanks , hes looking really good this year @ 45 , were ready for this season and the exciting matches between all the talent this year,  go chargers !

he still going 38? it didnt look like he had anything to cut at 152, he was freaking ripped! tough ticket round matchup for him last year at semi...i think he can get there this year at either weight.

he still going 38? it didnt look like he had anything to cut at 152, he was freaking ripped! tough ticket round matchup for him last year at semi...i think he can get there this year at either weight.

no , he debated back and forth and he rather go 145 , he feels stronger at that weight , and $ round against bradley last year was an eye opener to him how tough he needs to be for this season , hes pumped for the match against his friend simeon teague ( penn ) at the charger coming up . should be an exciting year

Zach, I believe Johnny Loos 120 (Soph) Franklin County should be on the watch list if not already. This kid is super athletic and exiting to watch. He took 3rd @ 120 at the Spartin Classic last year as a freshman, which is pretty impressive IMO. Alas, I to am interested to see which weight Weustefield is at this year, always fun to watch and was missed last year due to injury. Mike Deal (Fresh) Batesville 106 and another Freshman from South Dearborn 106 Schaeffer should contribute alot for their schools and both should be fun to watch this year as well. I know Oyler is a gamer, I hope he can punch his ticket this year at the always tough New Castle SS. Good luck guys, cant wait for this season to get crackin.

1gold, I was referring to the N.C. Semi-state. Cash may go 138 from what I hear and Nick Lee goes through a different semi-state. That leaves only James in my opinion with the other 3 spots up for grabs. Thats why I put my post under New Castle semi-state! 

Seams as if you have guys ranked in weights way below what they wrestled in the off season.

Some were more than 20lbs heaver this summer.  With the new weight loss regulations.  I don't see

how any of them could loose that much. 

Seams as if you have guys ranked in weights way below what they wrestled in the off season.

Some were more than 20lbs heaver this summer.  With the new weight loss regulations.  I don't see

how any of them could loose that much.

Do the weight loss regulations have anything to do with offseason weights? I didn't think there is any rules that tie into offseason weights. It's all on your certifying weigh in. Unless that has changed.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.